✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Need your help: Going to Cambridge!

Jonny and the cake

I'm going to Cambridge on the first week of the december, and I need some tips.

1) How does the public transports works? Are they well organized and secure? Is it easy to orient yourself in the city?

2) I need a list of "cheap" shops where i can buy some cool clothes, something along the side of Zara, Bershka, H&M.

3) Places about music!!! CD shops or pubs or something similar

4) How much does the life cost for a student? Like, per day for a whole week if i need to eat and pay for museums and go to shopping, at least how much I need?

Any other tip would be much appreciated!!!

1) How does the public transports works? Are they well organized and secure? Is it easy to orient yourself in the city?

There's buses but you can walk to most places.

They seem alright but I can't say I've used them very often. I've never been to Cambridge on my own (one of my best friends studies there) but i'm sure you'll be fine, it's quite a small city.

2) I need a list of "cheap" shops where i can buy some cool clothes, something along the side of Zara, Bershka, H&M.

Same as in any other British city. H&M, Oasis, Zara, Dorothy Perkins, Topshop, River Island, Oasis, Next, New Look (not been to all of those shops in Cambridge but you'll find them in every city)

3) Places about music!!! CD shops or pubs or something similar

Don't really know. I can ask my friend if no one else can help

4) How much does the life cost for a student? Like, per day for a whole week if i need to eat and pay for museums and go to shopping, at least how much I need?

A lot of museums are free. It's quite expensive if you wanna see the colleges unless you know someone who studies at Cambridge.

Food isn't cheap, I'd say £4-12 depending on where you go. It obviously costs more if you go to fancy restaurants. You can always buy a sandwich in a supermarket if you wanna safe money.

I just moved to Cambridge a couple of months ago, and I haven't really used public transport much. You can walk almost everywhere, and a lot of people cycle everywhere so you could even rent a bike? If you want to take the bus a day pass costs around £2.80, not sure about weekly pass. I know a train ticket from London to Cambridge is around £17 round trip.

There are great shops here, Primark, H&M, etc, the city centre is full of places to shop around.

Sorry I can't be of much help, but Cambridge is a lovely city and you'll love it!!