November 26, 201312 yr Yesterday an ATLAS promo cd "For your consideration" was sold on ebay. (Unfortunatelly too much money for me). Seems a copy for comitee members of the "best original song" category of the Holywood Oscars? http://www.ebay.es/itm/171177024217?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_305wt_1235 Nice promo cd.
November 26, 201312 yr While it is very probable that this CD is a fake, if it were to be real, it wouldn't mean that Atlas would even be nominated, to me it would only mean that a copy of Atlas was sent to the committee so that they may "consider" it as a potential nominee. It would definitely be awesome, but I wouldn't get too excited for now.
November 26, 201312 yr Author While it is very probable that this CD is a fake, if it were to be real, it wouldn't mean that Atlas would even be nominated, to me it would only mean that a copy of Atlas was sent to the committee so that they may "consider" it as a potential nominee. It would definitely be awesome, but I wouldn't get too excited for now. why fake?
November 26, 201312 yr why fake?On websites like ebay you may find a lot of fakes, mostly from people who like to make a lot of money out of something that isn't worth much without that fake characteristic. Also, I wonder who would sell it. I mean, it would be someone in the industry who had access to it. While you can't trust everybody, I just think that in those spheres confidentiality is quite important, so I don't know if that many people would take a quite big risk for about 90$.
November 26, 201312 yr Author On websites like ebay you may find a lot of fakes, mostly from people who like to make a lot of money out of something that isn't worth much without that fake characteristic. Also, I wonder who would sell it. I mean, it would be someone in the industry who had access to it. While you can't trust everybody, I just think that in those spheres confidentiality is quite important, so I don't know if that many people would take a quite big risk for about 90$. Thanks Coeurli. I still have some doubts about the CD. Perhaps fake, perhaps not. But almost i dont loss my money on it... :)
November 26, 201312 yr Thanks Coeurli. I still have some doubts about the CD. Perhaps fake, perhaps not. But almost i dont loss my money on it... :)It might totally be true! But I'm glad you didn't spend any money on it :)
November 27, 201312 yr omg yes :) just noticed the Vegan Chris thread was started in august 2012 so it has to be this one
December 2, 201312 yr It probably wouldn't be out of the question for the song to snag a nomination, if only because there are so few films that actually contain original songs. It might be worth noting that the song Arcade Fire did for the first Hunger Games film didn't receive any notice from any sort of awards granting body. (but, it was an absolutely awesome song.)
Create an account or sign in to comment