✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

would you take a selfie at a funeral

The Mad Hatter

The picture shows the Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning Schmidt taking a selfie of herself between US President Barack Obama and UK Prime Minister Cameron.

It was taken at a MEMORIAL SERVICE with music and dance and not at the actual funeral that was on the following Sunday (i.e. on Sunday 15.12.13).

So probably it is excuseable as such, but I must admit that I did not like it.

And I would definitely not take a selfie at any funeral.

I find it kinda interesting though that they had a memorial service that was happy and essentially a celebration of life instead of the typical sad event it seems to be in Western countries. I'd love to have something like that for myself but I don't think it would go down very well

I find it kinda interesting though that they had a memorial service that was happy and essentially a celebration of life instead of the typical sad event it seems to be in Western countries. I'd love to have something like that for myself but I don't think it would go down very well

From what I've heard (i can't really say because i haven't been to one), where I live, memorial services are happy. Like you said, it's really a celebration of life.

They did the deep solemn funeral on the Sunday following. But I agree. Having a celebration of life is far better than having a big sad funeral. After all the funeral is for the survivors not the person who has died. My grandmother had a funeral, but she also had an Irish wake. And that was pure awesomeness! I want one too. :-)

tumblr_myb0d5M7Ho1szyfd8o1_400.jpg

:thinking2:

Ah...

No.

Oh my god I couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes when I saw that!