✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will Ghost Stories be Coldplay's shortest album?

lennyrott2

Now that we have the official lengths of four tracks on Ghost Stories, it seems that the album has the potential for being Coldplay's shortest. If we take Magic, Midnight, Another's Arms, A Sky Full of Stars and Always In My Head (assuming it is about 3:30 like the live version) that only adds up to around 21 minutes 30 seconds for over half of the album.

Coldplay has never gone under 40 minutes for an album (the closest being Parachutes) and if we were to divide those nineteen remaining minutes between the four songs, that is about 4:45 per remaining track. Does this seem possible given the more restrained nature of some of these Ghost Stories songs we have already heard? Will the album be under or just above 40 minutes, or will it surprise us with some longer tracks making it more normal?

My hope is that songs like O and Oceans reveal some hidden jewels like we have heard in Lovers In Japan/Reign of Love, Yes/Chinese Sleep Chant, or Everything's Not Lost/Life is For Living, which would stretch them out a bit. Or perhaps a more concise album at this point would make sense if the band does indeed plan on releasing another in 2015. Thoughts?

Looks like we have our answer

My hope is that songs like O and Oceans reveal some hidden jewels like we have heard in Lovers In Japan/Reign of Love, Yes/Chinese Sleep Chant, or Everything's Not Lost/Life is For Living, which would stretch them out a bit. Or perhaps a more concise album at this point would make sense if the band does indeed plan on releasing another in 2015. Thoughts?

Good fucking call there, lol