✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mabuhay from Philippines!

isha

Hey fellow Coldplayers!

I'm Tricia from Philippines and I practically grew up with Coldplay. I've been a fan since the Parachute Era (no don't guess my age, I'm still in my 20s lol) and Coldplay has inspired me in a lot of ways. Their songs are like every firing of my synapses translated into beautiful songs. I joined this forum to show Filipino Coldplay fans exist! We exist! One of the most difficult question for me along with "what's the meaning of life" is "what's your favorite Coldplay song". Haha. I bet that's a question you guys are having a hard time to answer as well.

Hi iwasyoursyouweremine!

Thanks! And awesome username, by the way.

Same here. I do have a quick answer for "what's your favorite Coldplay song" long before Mylo Xyloto (answer would be Shiver) but here came Ghost Stories and made this question a little more interesting it would probably take me days to answer. Hahaha

Thanks! I hope we all find our own answers for those questions :-)

Hi, I'm Lotus, a Filipina also but hails from California, I just joined this forum and so far I'm enjoying my stay and have learned a few new things about Coldplay. Glad that I have joined and I'm happy to know that I'm not the only Filipina here. Hope to see you all in the forum :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Lotus and Witfang!

Glad to know there are Filipinos around here. Thanks for welcoming me. I'm sure it's going to be fun hanging out with people who have really good taste in music.

Where are you guys from here in Ph? I'm from Manila.

Likewise, Witfang. I almost lost my mind when I heard about Coldplay's inquiry for the Philippine Arena. I bet you almost lost your mind too. Hahaha ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Isha! I am Harlene, a Filipina like you. :) I just saw your thread as I joined only a few days ago. I'm so delighted to know that there's a lot of Filipino Coldplayers too. I'm really looking forward to know you and our fellow Coldplayers around the world as well. :) Have a good night! :)

Hello Lotus and Witfang!

Glad to know there are Filipinos around here. Thanks for welcoming me. I'm sure it's going to be fun hanging out with people who have really good taste in music.

Where are you guys from here in Ph? I'm from Manila.

Likewise, Witfang. I almost lost my mind when I heard about Coldplay's inquiry for the Philippine Arena. I bet you almost lost your mind too. Hahaha ;)

Yes, you're totally right :lol: By the way, I'm from Pampanga but I currently stay in Madaluyong bec. of work. I'm still hoping they'll include Manila in the LP7 tour though.

Hello Witfang! I'm Harlene from Cavite. :) I'm also hoping that they'll include our country in their world tour! :)

Nice to meet you here in this forum Harlene. I'm Erwin and I've been in this forum for quite some time now. I think I joined before the release of MX.

Nice to meet you here in this forum Harlene. I'm Erwin and I've been in this forum for quite some time now. I think I joined before the release of MX.

Nice to meet you too, Erwin!

Wow. Ang tagal na po pala. :) (Is it alright if I'll use tagalog in here?) I gained my initial knowledge about Coldplay just last year and I did not expect that I'd developed this kind of adoration towards the band. :) I am really excited to know a lot of profound info about the band from this site and the people as well. Anyway, thanks for the response! :)

I basically learned about the band when I was still in college. Then I became a fan of their music. Pinakinggan ko araw-araw bawat album bago yung release ng MX. By doing that, I realized the evolution of their music. What I learned is that the real power of Coldplay is they always stay relevant no matter what - I'm speaking here of style and genre. Coldplay has a wide palette of genre that's why they are so interesting. Kahit na nahilig ako sa Radiohead recently (which by the way has loads of oustanding, cerebral work), Coldplay is still the best.

I basically learned about the band when I was still in college. Then I became a fan of their music. Pinakinggan ko araw-araw bawat album bago yung release ng MX. By doing that, I realized the evolution of their music. What I learned is that the real power of Coldplay is they always stay relevant no matter what - I'm speaking here of style and genre. Coldplay has a wide palette of genre that's why they are so interesting. Kahit na nahilig ako sa Radiohead recently (which by the way has loads of oustanding, cerebral work), Coldplay is still the best.

Well said! We have the same sentiment! Among all the bands that I've listened to, iba po talaga 'yung impact ng Coldplay. The lyrics, melodies, the execution of instruments... they're just impeccable! :)

Maiba po tayo, about the Papal visit, were you able to see Pope Francis? :)

Unfortunately no. I just watch the news for updates regarding the papal visit. I wished I had the chance to see him in person though. By the way, I'm a former seminarian so it means a lot that the pope was able to visit our problematic country.

Same here. I wasn't able to see him though I really wanted to and it's a must to get involved with such massive events in relation to my course. :(

Oh, I hope you don't mind asking this but, why did you leave the seminary? It's alright if you refuse to answer, I know it's too personal to ask. I'll respect and understand. :)

Same here. I wasn't able to see him though I really wanted to and it's a must to get involved with such massive events in relation to my course. :(

Oh, I hope you don't mind asking this but, why did you leave the seminary? It's alright if you refuse to answer, I know it's too personal to ask. I'll respect and understand. :)

It's alright :) When I was in college, I became too critical of everything. I began to ask questions about faith. At that time I thought it was normal to be like that since our course is Philosophy. Mali ako. I just realized one day that I'm doubting the faith. And it ate me up eventualy. I soon became bored of our daily sched and began to skip morning prayers and mass. It was a dark and sad time. Luckily I'm beginning to rediscover the magic of faith thanks to daily reflections/meditations, poetry (which is my passion), and of course music ;)

Hello Fellow Pinoy Coldplayer! It's been ages since I last visited this forum and glad to know the growing pinoy number. Haha! And it's taking them sooo long to come here. I had hoped they'll include Manila on their Ghost Stories Tour but found out to have only released a live concert DVD. :/

Wow this thread went longer than expected. Nice to meet some Pinoy fans around here.

Although I was not asked, I will tell my piece how I discovered Coldplay. Hehe. I knew about Coldplay when I was in high school. X&Y era, I think. The first Coldplay song I fell in love with is Speed of Sound and I heard it on the radio. What made me fancy the song is the melody, for one, because it's not the same old melody you hear in most songs during that time. Out of curiosity, I also searched for its lyrics and that made a great impression on me, because I really love well written lyrics, poetic ones, I should say. So from there I researched a lot about the band and their songs and practically developed some "connection" with their songs, hence, here I am still with the band and their songs. Hahaha

I hope this year is "the year" for all of us.

Wow this thread went longer than expected. Nice to meet some Pinoy fans around here.

Although I was not asked, I will tell my piece how I discovered Coldplay. Hehe. I knew about Coldplay when I was in high school. X&Y era, I think. The first Coldplay song I fell in love with is Speed of Sound and I heard it on the radio. What made me fancy the song is the melody, for one, because it's not the same old melody you here in most songs during that time. Out of curiosity, I also searched for its lyrics and that made a great impression on me, because I really love well written lyrics, poetic ones, I should say. So from there I researched a lot about the band and their songs and practically developed some "connection" with their songs, hence, here I am still with the band and their songs. Hahaha

You'll be surprised at what things this forum can do. Haha!

I think that was what the band was really known for. It went leaps and bounds during that time. Imagine also my delight when I heard 'Yellow' in grade school, in a town where there was only one radio frequency! It was from my cousin, who visited from Manila! Haha! And so that was my first love... lol!

Although I was not asked, I will tell my piece how I discovered Coldplay. Hehe. I knew about Coldplay when I was in high school. X&Y era, I think. The first Coldplay song I fell in love with is Speed of Sound and I heard it on the radio. What made me fancy the song is the melody, for one, because it's not the same old melody you here in most songs during that time. Out of curiosity, I also searched for its lyrics and that made a great impression on me, because I really love well written lyrics, poetic ones, I should say. So from there I researched a lot about the band and their songs and practically developed some "connection" with their songs, hence, here I am still with the band and their songs. Hahaha

I think that was what the band was really known for. It went leaps and bounds during that time. Imagine also my delight when I heard 'Yellow' in grade school, in a town where there was only one radio frequency! It was from my cousin, who visited from Manila! Haha! And so that was my first love... lol!

Wow. You must be from some far-flung place. Hehe. Where are you from, fritzeal?