✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories is the "colour song" itself

The Philosopher

I recall again this topic. Maybe you have asked yourself: where is the "colour song" that every Coldplay album seems to have? Every Coldplay album has a song with a colour in its title, but Ghost Stories hasn't. Or maybe it has but it is "hidden"? I mean, I think that all the Ghost Stories theme is dedicated to one colour. And that colour is blue. My theory is that everything under Ghost Stories is linked to this colour. It is known that blue is a colour related to sadness, and GS is a breakup album. It is like Picasso's blue period, where lots of pictures were painted with those serious blue tones. The cover itself is all blue, with the sky and the sea, things that represent that colour. And furthermore, the picture also is in a moment of the day that represents the blue (Midnight). And sometimes we have speculated about the possibility of Midnight being the "colour song", so at least it would be something to consider. And to end up, they also have been wearing lots of blue clothes during the GS era. So there is no doubt, GS is "into the blue"! :gs:

I recall again this topic. Maybe you have asked yourself: where is the "colour song" that every Coldplay album seems to have? Every Coldplay album has a song with a colour in its title, but Ghost Stories hasn't. Or maybe it has but it is "hidden"? I mean, I think that all the Ghost Stories theme is dedicated to one colour. And that colour is blue. My theory is that everything under Ghost Stories is linked to this colour. It is known that blue is a colour related to sadness, and GS is a breakup album. It is like Picasso's blue period, where lots of pictures were painted with those serious blue tones. The cover itself is all blue, with the sky and the sea, things that represent that colour. And furthermore, the picture also is in a moment of the day that represents the blue (Midnight). And sometimes we have speculated about the possibility of Midnight being the "colour song", so at least it would be something to consider. And to end up, they also have been wearing lots of blue clothes during the GS era. So there is no doubt, GS is "into the blue"![/color] :gs:

I have always found Oceans the track I really reflect on .....think it's because of that line "Got to find yourself alone in this World"...it does something to me every time....the deep pure blue of the water...

....and now you mention colour I could describe all the tracks in different shades of blue...ASFOS a silvery, shiny bright blue, AIMH a shiny silver....O a cloudy winters blue but with a ray of light and white...Midnight a deep dark indigo...

Yup! I could go on all day....Singing the Blues....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASFOS is dark velvet blue with countless golden stars once i saw somewhere. ink is red for me, red from bleeding heart. Magic is black and white. when you see black it's actually white, if only you could see through...

like iron loses its blackness when plunged into a fire and then it grows white [emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, let me tell you what the problem is. A majority of ppl here are only coming up with reasons now to justify the existence of this pattern. If you objectively ask ANYONE if Midnight is a colour, or if Ghost Story is a colour they would say no it is not.

Guys, the Oracle said it herself that there was never such streak and that it was a coincidence. She even said Charlie Brown shouldn't have counted. Sorry to rain on the parade, but this streak has been over for a while....

Midnight blue is a dark shade of blue named for its resemblance to the identifiably blue color of a moonlit night sky on or near the night of a full moon. Midnight blue is the color of a vat full of indigo dye; therefore, midnight blue may also be considered a dark shade of indigo. Midnight blue is identifiably blue to the eye in sunlight or full-spectrum light, but can appear black under certain more limited spectra sometimes found in artificial lighting (especially early 20th century incandescent). It is similar to navy, which is also a dark blue.

There are two major shades of midnight blue—the X11 color and the Crayola color. This color was originally called midnight. The first recorded use of midnight as a color name in English was in 1915.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_blue

The song is called midnight not midnight blue.

Again, ask yourself do you truly believe it's a colour or do you just wanna twist the facts to try and get your way?

midnight blue LOL

Ah well, considering the whole stage design, the album design, the band's clothes, then yeah, I agree, this album's colour might be blue.

But it could also be black. And I'm too lazy to point out all the facts that would make this album's colour black, so I'm just gonna say it's black because I'm :batman:

What if A Head Full Of Dreams has another colour song? It would be suspicious... ^ By the way, I would love if black turns out to be the whole theme of a new album! It would be similar to AROBTTH, at least regarding clothes. And also a song, of course.

Pd: Batman, now every time I look at your avatar while listening to music, I will see that bird dancing at the rythm of the song.