✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Live 2003 v Live 2012

Sparky

2003 is more emotional and that's why it's still my favorite.

yesyesyes. Although I think Live 2012 is also emotional, on a different level though. It's not the songs, but the little sequences inbetween where the band members share some very personal stories.

Now, to decide which is better, I'd also pick 2003 for the same emotional reasons. Just that intro of Politik is fucking art omfg, and the intro of AROBTTH and don't even get me started about that Daylight performance °__°

/faaaaaaaaaan

musically Live 2003 is so much better.. It's got that special feel to it, with those intros to Politik & Yellow.. the AROBTTH performance is brilliant.

Visually, Live 2014 wins with the xylobands & graffiti..

You haven't put it in the poll, but Live 2014 is not even up for comparison. It is so bland :blank:

I prefer Live 2012, because it's more important to me as a fan. I started my journey with Coldplay in mid 2012 and soon after my first concert in Warsaw, I saw the film and literally i was crying all night. All the beautfiul memories just returned. This film gave me so much wonderful emotions :) Also 2003 is perfect too, I love performance of "See you soon" in this. If i made some mistakes then you must forgive me :D

Actually I cant choose but I like all those colorful vibe on Live 2012. The idea of xylobands is simply making everyone to be a part of the show, which I dont think anyone wouldnt think of that beforehand for making such a memorable concert.

Great review, howyousawtheworld! :D

As it's already been said Live 2003 is more emotional and I think I just get nostalgic when I ocassionally re-watch it -in a good sense though. I thought Live 2012 was the best thing ever when I first watched it at the cinema but since then I just can't watch it, just pisses me off every time I've tried cause I can't see it objectively yet. It is, however, really well done and I love the transitions between the interviews and the song that comes after each of them and the ending is just lovely but I still prefer Live 2003.

• 1 month later...

For me, definitely Live 2003. In it, they come of as more authentic and emotional than in Live 2012, which certainly depicts great colors and scences but lacks the unique atmosphere and vibe of Live 2003.

I can't say how disappointed I am, by the way, that Live 2005/2006 does not exist :( No Live DVD of them during their strongest (imho) Era....

• Like 1