✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Crow Left Of The Murder

weedy_gonzalez

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aight fankoo :D

check this anon review out. it cracked me up.

title: A crow left of the enjoyable

After hearing the stylings of Make Yourself and Morning View, I was eagerly awaiting the new Incubus album. They pioneered a unique sound and, let's be frank, it was catchy as hell. But after purchasing the new album and skipping the opening track Megalomaniac, I was caught off-guard immediately. It definitely doesn't sound like anything I've heard recently. The problem with this album is in its complexity. It lacks the simple, solid song structures and rhythms present in their earlier work. It's so complicated, in fact, that it borders on inaccessible. At some points in time, it feels like I'm listening to a song within a song. The guitarwork is amazing. The rhythms are beautiful. Singer Brandon Boyd's voice is as flawless as ever, although at some points in time it seems like he is more focused on displaying his wide vocal range than in singing catchy tunes. When all these elements are combined is when they detract from eachother. It's worth a listen, that's for sure. But worth a purchase? That's your call. Highlights include Megalomaniac, A Crow Left Of the Murder, Here In My Room, and Pistola.

I only listened to the album once, but there's something really off about it. I'm going to buy it so I can figure out what it is that is so off. I didn't really like Morning View at first either, lyrically. It seemed Boyd was just trying to hard to sound profound, but it grew on me. I don't listen to it a lot now, but it's great fun to listen to in the summer while Make Yourself is more of a fall/winter album for me.

The thing I didn't like the most about the new album is the lack of hardness.

I liked Morning View second mostly (besides the music) because it was more of a tie, 50 % hardness and 50% mellowness.

I also don't like Ben Kenney very much...I think they need Dirk back. He was such a better bassist.