✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ticket pricing?!

Taz1853

What makes Coldplay think they should be charging so much to see them live? Including postage, it's £148 for 2 standing tickets. STANDING!

I had to give in, any fan would, but come on Coldplay - not cool.

Yes, and front of stage are irrationally high for many venues...

I'm disgusted at the ticket touts; charging £100-£200 on eBay. A genuine fan wanting to see her boys and someone has the cheek to put a massive price tag on it? Knocks me sick. I missed the pre-sale tickets because the code went to my spam box. I'll get tickets to Manchester and London but only last minute from a genuine seller!

I understand it is not cheap, but they put on a very good show.

If you think they are expensive, compare to U2 - http://www.musictimes.com/articles/48428/20150921/u2-innocence-experience-tour-2015-vs-360-ticket-prices-compared.htm

Even for the same amount of money, I'd pay to see Coldplay over U2 anytime... I think Coldplay are a better immersive experience for the fan (of course I may be biased) ;)

• Like 1

For sure, you will never see anyone put on a show like Coldplay. They're incredible and worth every horrendous penny that people are charging and like every other fan I'll pay those ridiculous prices from companies like eBay etc. I wouldn't care if it was Coldplay charged me the earth, but it's those outside of the vicinity of Coldplay that think they can generally take the p*ss and rip fans off. I know business is business; and I'm all for people making a profit where possible but I wish people would clamp down on those who are just out to extort. £200 for a ticket. Minging!

Well it's quite expensive if you look back at the MX-tour.

The ticket I bought in 2011 for the concert in the Hague (06.09.12) was €65,- all in. For the Amsterdam ArenA next year I payed fucking €86,90!

What makes tickets €20 more expensive these days? The MX tour was really expensive but the tickets were good priced. They will have to nail it during the AHFOD tour or otherwise I won't see them live again.

Quite expensive compared to previous tours, but compared to other touring artists its the going rate.

Putting on stadium shows is not cheap, all the backstage crew having to be paid, logistics of shifting the gear between cities, the cost of hiring the stadium. But playing live is how bands make the majority of their money.

• Like 1