✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Birds - Lyrics Decryption

gai

That's one thing I'm 100% sure off, how it is written in the official lyrics:

oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

fearless together

you said ‘we’ll go through this together’

is not how Chris is singing it. :)

That guy is surely keeping us busy and probably when singing it live he has changed it to something else.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay I've come here and I thought I was the only one a little confused :laugh3:

Looking at the official lyrics it says

fearless together

and looking at the handwritten lyrics, it looks like it says that too so I've been trying to make it work when I listen to it but I really just don't hear the words fearless and together at all in the spot they're meant to be in :laugh2:

BUT I think the line is actually

holding on in the mystery

fearless through this ???you??? (it sounds like he's saying 'through' again here)

you said we'll gooooooooooooooooooooooo

through this together (this was the line I always thought was fearless together)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Because he clearly says 'through this together' so I think what's thrown me off is seeing the words 'fearless together' so close to each other (and in the same colours) but I think the placement is just confusing and because 'together' isn't written twice as the official Coldplay.com lyrics suggest.

So right now we're reading it like:

tumblr_ofdqzv5vcr1qe5ugfo2_1280.png

but I think it's actually:

tumblr_ofdqzv5vcr1qe5ugfo1_1280.png

Don't know if I'm shouting into the void here but I love this song and since hearing the vocal only version it's a bit easier to make out the lyrics? Thoughts?

• Like 1

Okay I've come here and I thought I was the only one a little confused :laugh3:

Looking at the official lyrics it says

fearless together

and looking at the handwritten lyrics, it looks like it says that too so I've been trying to make it work when I listen to it but I really just don't hear the words fearless and together at all in the spot they're meant to be in :laugh2:

BUT I think the line is actually

holding on in the mystery

fearless through this ???you??? (it sounds like he's saying 'through' again here)

you said we'll gooooooooooooooooooooooo

through this together (this was the line I always thought was fearless together)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Because he clearly says 'through this together' so I think what's thrown me off is seeing the words 'fearless together' so close to each other (and in the same colours) but I think the placement is just confusing and because 'together' isn't written twice as the official Coldplay.com lyrics suggest.

So right now we're reading it like:

tumblr_ofdqzv5vcr1qe5ugfo2_1280.png

but I think it's actually:

tumblr_ofdqzv5vcr1qe5ugfo1_1280.png

Don't know if I'm shouting into the void here but I love this song and since hearing the vocal only version it's a bit easier to make out the lyrics? Thoughts?

These lyrics have been a mystery for me from the beginning. [emoji1]

I will analyse it when I'm a little less busy.

You know what I think about the ripped version. [emoji6]

• Like 1

These lyrics have been a mystery for me from the beginning. [emoji1]

I will analyse it when I'm a little less busy.

You know what I think about the ripped version. [emoji6]

That version made me bypass my unconcerned attitude to the lyrics (I just gave up after a while and would just sing along to whatever sounded similar to Chris' wording) and now that I can hear it a bit clearer, this is what I've come up with and I just need someone else to agree so I can move on :laugh3: :laugh3:

there is a vocal only version? :wacko:

it has always sounded to me something like "fearless, fearless, free," but i could easily see it being "fearless through this"... still sounds like an e sound for the last word to me, though :shrug:

edit: OK, i did listen to the vocal-only version and it has just confused me even more :lol: now it sounds like he only says "through this, through this, through"

as a side note, i didn't realize i could love that song even more but the vocals only did it :dazzled:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
it has always sounded to me something like "fearless, fearless, free," but i could easily see it being "fearless through this"... still sounds like an e sound for the last word to me, though :shrug:

edit: OK, i did listen to the vocal-only version and it has just confused me even more :lol: now it sounds like he only says "through this, through this, through"

as a side note, i didn't realize i could love that song even more but the vocals only did it :dazzled:

I totally always sang along with 'through this through this through' but then where does 'fearless' come in! I spend too much time thinking about this :laugh3: So now I sing along to my assumption of 'fearless through this you, you said we'll goooooooo....' I don't know haha

• Like 1

I totally always sang along with 'through this through this through' but then where does 'fearless' come in! I spend too much time thinking about this :laugh3: So now I sing along to my assumption of 'fearless through this you, you said we'll goooooooo....' I don't know haha

it probably has a lot to do with Chris always saying 'th' like 'f' :rolleyes::lol: