✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris - mental health? persona

Don Smith allthatwas55

As for his public appearances, years and years of training. He is no longer the awkward shy stammering "Hi, I'm Chris, I...play, uhm, the singing" Chris nor the "walk-out-in-the-middle-of-an-interview" Viva Era Chris. We don't see him in private, but I'm sure he will not be grinning and happy all the time.

LOL I just looked that up... XD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes,I think it is focusing on present,but above that,being aware of your emotions,thoughts,actions,getting to know yourself deeply and your surrounding also,and that probably would lead towards getting aware of soul,spiritual life,God or eternity.

Ah ok thank you. So basically becoming more introspective then?

Ah ok thank you. So basically becoming more introspective then?

Yes. But it`s also solving your problems during that introspection. Becoming aware of your problems or difficulties and not only introspecting them, but solving them without forcing and changing your life by becoming free, free from the inside of you. As I said above, I recommend a great writer,teacher, psychologist and priest Anthony de Mello. All of his books, especially Awakening Awareness talks about these things and really explains life in an unique, original, deep but understandable way. So may be you should look for it on the internet or library, I think you won`t regret.

Deep thread is deep wow

I haven't read through all of your posts, maybe it has been mentioned, but honestly, to me, this whole "I'm so glad to be alive" thing Chris is always mentioning, and the carefully tip-toeing around personal stories still make me feel like Chris is as sad as he was a few years ago. He just tries to bury it beneath a pile of good lecture and positivness. I mean he still even looks sad to me most of the time I see him on interviews or what not. Maybe it's just how I percieve things, but when you compare his posture or facial expressions with any other band member that sits next to him (during interviews or whatever) there's always this kind of somber background... noise? around Chris.

Well anyways, I dearly hope he's happy now and I just suck at interpreting people's feelings =D

Deep thread is deep wow

I haven't read through all of your posts, maybe it has been mentioned, but honestly, to me, this whole "I'm so glad to be alive" thing Chris is always mentioning, and the carefully tip-toeing around personal stories still make me feel like Chris is as sad as he was a few years ago. He just tries to bury it beneath a pile of good lecture and positivness. I mean he still even looks sad to me most of the time I see him on interviews or what not. Maybe it's just how I percieve things, but when you compare his posture or facial expressions with any other band member that sits next to him (during interviews or whatever) there's always this kind of somber background... noise? around Chris.

Well anyways, I dearly hope he's happy now and I just suck at interpreting people's feelings =D

I agree with you partially, that`s what I said through my posts about genetic predispositions and personality.. :)

And on the topic of mindfulness, this is the first time I've actually heard of it. What does it mean to be aware? Is it not focusing on the future or the past, only the present? Or is it something deeply psychological that I can't seem to pinpoint?

This video is one of the best summaries of mindfulness out there:

This video is one of the best summaries of mindfulness out there:

Yes. But it`s also solving your problems during that introspection. Becoming aware of your problems or difficulties and not only introspecting them, but solving them without forcing and changing your life by becoming free, free from the inside of you. As I said above, I recommend a great writer,teacher, psychologist and priest Anthony de Mello. All of his books, especially Awakening Awareness talks about these things and really explains life in an unique, original, deep but understandable way. So may be you should look for it on the internet or library, I think you won`t regret.

Thank you so much.

I just finished the video and I must say it was quite empowering. I have always had the thought that the human mind was the only barrier that anyone really had in this world. Mind over matter. This is what all of those ancient ascetics were really trying to get at. Less focus on what you did, what YOU need to do and your fate, and more focus on the universe and its fate.

I also think this dissatisfaction also leads to people to be drawn to fantasy worlds and less on material things. Why should you go to work when you could go to the land of Cielonia and hang out with your magic fox friends and the quartet of magical elephant minstrels from the distance archipelago called "Paradise"?

Deep thread is deep wow

Nah, that can be a thing. I personally find mindfulness devilishly hard with how my mind works, so still avoiding some things and just being positive to yourself is certainly something I do to supplement that issue.