✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hymn For The Weekend - Lyrics

Nie

I noticed there isn't a lyrics thread for this one yet. Here are the official lyrics, but I have changed them a bit with what I can hear.

oh angel sent from up above

you know you make my world light up

when I was down, when I was hurt

you came to lift me up

life is a drink and love’s a drug

oh now I think I must be miles up

when I was a river dried up

you came to rain a flood

you said ‘drink from me, drink from me’

when I was so thirsty

poured on a symphony

now I just can’t get enough

put your wings on me, wings on me

when I was so heavy

poured on a symphony

when I’m low low low low

I oh I oh I

got me feeling drunk and high

so high so high

oh I oh I oh I

now I’m feeling drunk and high

so high so high

oh angel sent from up above

I feel you coursing through my blood

life is a drink and your love’s about

to make the stars come out

put your wings on me, wings on me

when I was so heavy

poured on a symphony

when I’m low low low low

I oh I oh I

you got me feeling drunk and high

so high so high

oh I oh I oh I

so high so high

I oh I oh I

la la la la la la la

so high so high

oh I oh I oh I

so high so high

that I shoot across the sky

that I shoot across the

that I shoot across the sky

that I shoot across the

(that I shoot across)

That I shoot across the sky

Let me shoot across the

Let my shoot across the sky

Let me shoot across the

And on 00:28 she seems to say something like "it was all about".

Indecipherable to my ears...but I think mostly irrelevant as far as lyrics go. It must be something Beyonce was saying between takes.

By the way, I also hear some "noise" at about 4:04" - 4:05". Anyone who can decipher that ? :D

This is one of my favorite sounds in the song actually! haha It sounds like a guitar sound being cut off abruptly, but not sure if its electronic or actually done on the guitar. I like it though, gives the songs a nice rock edge :)

p.s. I just re-listened to this song now with my earphones in full quiet in my room and wow its just such a gorgeous song! Like ahhhhh so good :)

Indecipherable to my ears...but I think mostly irrelevant as far as lyrics go. It must be something Beyonce was saying between takes.

It is funny that they kept it in the recording.

This is one of my favorite sounds in the song actually! haha It sounds like a guitar sound being cut off abruptly, but not sure if its electronic or actually done on the guitar. I like it though, gives the songs a nice rock edge :)

p.s. I just re-listened to this song now with my earphones in full quiet in my room and wow its just such a gorgeous song! Like ahhhhh so good :)

Should have known it probably was a guitar. I thought it was some kind of error in the recording.

And I didn't expect it because I'm not a Beyoncé fan, but for some reason this song is growing on me.

Also, having the lyrics of the songs is helping me out to decypher what Chris is singing about because sometimes he is really mumbling. :)

It is funny that they kept it in the recording.

Should have known it probably was a guitar. I thought it was some kind of error in the recording.

And I didn't expect it because I'm not a Beyoncé fan, but for some reason this song is growing on me.

Also, having the lyrics of the songs is helping me out to decypher what Chris is singing about because sometimes he is really mumbling. :)

They kept it because it was in the recording so I guess they didn't have much choice. I remember Chris saying the first part of the song is a mashup of different outtakes Beyoncé did.

I'm hardly a Beyoncé fan myself. I only like one song by her called Halo hehe

Hymn is a 100% Coldplay song imo, Beyoncé really only does guest vocals and totally "submits" to serve the song. I think she did an amazing job!!

And yes what with his British accent, falsetto and mumbling I also often have to read the lyrics to understand what he says!

• Like 1

I just noticed how the ending "that I shoot across the sky" could very well be a reference to "a sky full of stars".

The woman in question is the "sky full of stars" as we already know from the song on GS. On "O fly on" he ends the album wishing that one day he can fly with love (the birds) and now finally he is "shooting across the sky" = he is together with the woman he loves and reunited with love :)

• Like 4