✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Tanzaku Stars

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but does anybody else think the lyric "Tanzaku Starts" in Army of One is brilliant? I mean, since it refers to the Japanese Festival of Tanabata that occurs on July 7th every year...that's 7/7...AHFOD is the 7th LP. And the tanzaku "stars" that are made are vibrant, colorful ornaments...which mirrors the AHFOD rainbow colors. I don't know, could Chris really have been thinking this deeply into it when he wrote the lyrics? Or am I just an ass for over-thinking it? (Be nice).

http://www.nippon.com/en/features/jg00097/

• Like 4

Guest diogo_sg

The colours are definitely on purpose. If the July 7th and the 7th album relation is real too, the lyrics to Army Of One just became a whole lot more brilliant and interesting to me. And I already found them very nice. Good catch, by the way!

I just like that whole song, especially lyrically!

Damn I'm late on replying; I usually get an email when posts hit, but didn't get any this time!

I love this song too. I listen to it multiple times a day like a mental patient. Lyrics are awesome and just the whole thing in general rocks. They seem to be playing it in some but not all shows so far. Hope I get to see it live!

The colours are definitely on purpose. If the July 7th and the 7th album relation is real too, the lyrics to Army Of One just became a whole lot more brilliant and interesting to me. And I already found them very nice. Good catch, by the way!

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply. I was blown away by the 7's and the whole color thing in general. Love how some of the lyrics that seem so innocent (for lack of a better word) hold so much meaning, even if it is just the color relationship here. God I hope they play it when I go.

Nope your theory is wrong because Army of One is the 8th song not the 7th song of the album.

Just kidding - this is a cool catch! I've never quite heard what he was saying there and finally looked it up. This is very interesting and I would imagine it's intentional. In fact, AHFOD has MANY intentionally done lyrics, and I'm very saddened by the number of people who seem to think the whole album is shallow lyrically or musically. Just a few examples:

-AHFOD rearranges the Gandhi quote, "be the change you wish to see in the world" and makes a reference to UFO (leave your broken windows open, and in the light just streams)

-AOAL references the book "Half the Sky" about issues faced by women around the world

-Army of One

-Up&Up references Grapes of Wrath, "waiting for your chance to pick your orange field"

• Like 8

yup, I enjoy the lyrics on this album in general. I can sense someone is at least thinking about HftW and its lyrics, and I don't like it either, but then I see the wonderful lyrics MtM just posted and I'm not as bothered.

• Like 1

yup, I enjoy the lyrics on this album in general. I can sense someone is at least thinking about HftW and its lyrics, and I don't like it either, but then I see the wonderful lyrics MtM just posted and I'm not as bothered.

I'm with you on that. It's funny how HFTW mentions being high and so does Army of One but they come across very differently.

• Like 1

Nope your theory is wrong because Army of One is the 8th song not the 7th song of the album.

Just kidding - this is a cool catch! I've never quite heard what he was saying there and finally looked it up. This is very interesting and I would imagine it's intentional. In fact, AHFOD has MANY intentionally done lyrics, and I'm very saddened by the number of people who seem to think the whole album is shallow lyrically or musically. Just a few examples:

-AHFOD rearranges the Gandhi quote, "be the change you wish to see in the world" and makes a reference to UFO (leave your broken windows open, and in the light just streams)

-AOAL references the book "Half the Sky" about issues faced by women around the world

-Army of One

-Up&Up references Grapes of Wrath, "waiting for your chance to pick your orange field"

Wow now that is extremely interesting and just plain cool! How did you pick up on all that?