✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Coldplay-Philosophy

chrimas4

All in all just any piece of advice given by the band ;)

(I'm not good at writing these kind of texts and this is my first thread, so I'll try to keep it short)

So I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we can gather some of the wisdom Coldplay shares with us on how to be a good person and live a happy life :D

This could be for example things like the contents of Rumi-poem, Charlie Chaplin's speech, the muhammad Ali speech (during the concert) or just things the guys tend to say during shows/interviews.

Example:

"Be grateful for whoever comes, 'cause each has been sent as a guide"

• Like 6

I think one of my favorite quotes ever by Chris is "life is beautiful in all colours, even the darker ones, they're here for a reason"

He has taught me so much to see things optimisticly. When I have a hard time it's so much easier to deal with it now because tell myself that it's OK to feel like that and just cry and listen to sad songs or whatever and I know that there will be better days coming.

I think there's so much important stuff I learned from Chris, I can't even put it all in words, but to me that's the most important message. It just made me a much happier and more grateful (lol I'm getting sick of that word) person overall.

• Like 3

I think one of my favorite quotes ever by Chris is "life is beautiful in all colours, even the darker ones, they're here for a reason"

He has taught me so much to see things optimisticly. When I have a hard time it's so much easier to deal with it now because tell myself that it's OK to feel like that and just cry and listen to sad songs or whatever and I know that there will be better days coming.

I think there's so much important stuff I learned from Chris, I can't even put it all in words, but to me that's the most important message. It just made me a much happier and more grateful (lol I'm getting sick of that word) person overall.

That's a really great quote!

And "grateful" is really a bit overused by the band :D

But on the other hand it really fits I think. We're like among the richest people on earth. There's so much luxury in our life we take for granted, although there's still people on this planet that can only dream about these things, even "basic" things like water supply, electricity or democrazy. But we decide to even get annoyed when the train's delayed for a few minutes or the wifi-connection is bad.

So for me it often helps to just remember that our life could hardly get any better but easily way worse :)

• Like 3

I'll write it really simply as I'm extremely exhausted and my brain doesn't work properly :D

Because of Coldplay I discovered this amazing poem by Rumi. It always reminds me to be grateful for everything that surrounds me. I've even put it in my wardrobe so every time I dress up it makes me happier :)

• Like 5

Guest diogo_sg

Out of all the things that Coldplay has teached me, I'm going to pick one, which is summed up in the following verse from Up&Up: "see each sunrise as a gift".

Coldplay has teached me to live everyday like it is my last and to appreciate every single thing that happens in my life, because they all happen for a reason. I've become less selfish and more selfless (though I'm still working on that). Besides, I don't get mad or angry about certain things as often as I used to. All in all, because of Coldplay, I've learned to enjoy living a lot more (this may sound dark, but it isn't meant to) [emoji6]

PS

Thanks fot creating this thread :D

Coldplay has taught me a lot of things. Their music resonated with me because I think it was like finding a complementary personality. Like a best friend who's outlook and behaviors contrast completely with yours. And making connections between their music and people helped me gain a better understanding of everyone around me. I've noticed that many issues in my life have arised as a result of a lack of willingness to understand the quirks of others, leading me to feel confused and frustrated with mundane things. So they're teaching me to solve my problems and try to understand "the things I don't understand"

Thanks for making this thread by the way.

• Like 3

Coldplay has helped me through when I was down, when I was hurt.

Whether I'm happy or not, I can always listen to Coldplay.

Life is what we make it, I chose to make it a paradise.

We (people here in the UK) are so lucky. Many don't realise just how lucky they really are.

Like mentioned before, I see each sunrise as a gift.

#coldplayeveryday

• Like 5