✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How not to miss out on your Coldplay concert experience ?

I ran away

Hi all, I got a weird question :D

When I go to a Coldplay concert, I am always so overwhelmed that everything seems to pass in a flash and after the show I have virtually no recollection of what happened in the last hours. It happened to me twice now, and after the first time (Today show concert) I thought it was because I was sick and tired and filmed too much.

But the second time (MetLife, first night) I was alright and I took care only to film some highlights and live more in the moment. Still I could hardly remember any details after the concert. Everything passed so fast.

Another example, I was right in front of the C-stage witnessing those old gems In My Place and GPASUYF, yet I could not remember anything about what the performance was like before I rewatched the video.

Now I'll be going to one more show this weekend, and this is my last one for this tour. But I think it is not a good idea to spend so much money on an experience that you can hardly remember afterwards were it not for some videos and confetti, so I wanna make sure to do something differently this time.

Do you have any advice so that I am not gonna "miss out" on the next show I am going to ? How can I have a better and longer-lasting experience, without having to keep going back to phone videos to remind me of what was going on ? Does anyone else feel like it is an unreal experience that passes like a flash or a short dream ?

• Like 1

Sometimes I feel like that. But, I just close my eyes while listening to the songs played on the concert trying to recall everything I was doing and I start getting back all those good memories. Maybe that could help you, before going to your next concert close your eyes and listen to a playlist of the last concert you went. If you need to jump, do it or sing along like you were in the concert. If you only remember heads and hands blocking your view (like me haha) it's good because that was part of the experience (I'm trying to look at the bright side, that's the problem of not being tall enough)

Then when you are in the actual concert this weekend enjoy every second like forcing your brain to keep those memories. Or just enjoy it and after the concert write the review focusing on the details, even if you don't post it here I think it might help you to remember most part of it.

Hope it helps :)

• Like 6

Sometimes I feel like that. But, I just close my eyes while listening to the songs played on the concert trying to recall everything I was doing and I start getting back all those good memories. Maybe that could help you, before going to your next concert close your eyes and listen to a playlist of the last concert you went. If you need to jump, do it or sing along like you were in the concert. If you only remember heads and hands blocking your view (like me haha) it's good because that was part of the experience (I'm trying to look at the bright side, that's the problem of not being tall enough)

Then when you are in the actual concert this weekend enjoy every second like forcing your brain to keep those memories. Or just enjoy it and after the concert write the review focusing on the details, even if you don't post it here I think it might help you to remember most part of it.

Hope it helps :)

This sounds like good advice, especially writing down a review. I might do this in case I run into the same problem as IRanAway after my concert.

• Like 5

As the people in here already wrote, WRITE A REVIEW. Make doodles of things that stuck out to you the most. Find or take photos of the gig and write little notes under them. If you're going to a Coldplay gig, come back to this forum and go to the specific thread to talk with other fans about the concert to refresh your memories. It helps immensely getting the things you've experienced out of your head onto a paper or something.

You know what I always do when I go to a Coldplay concert? I loudly accounce in here that I'm gonna write thE.BEST review (haha as if) for everybody's general enjoyment, so when concert day comes, I don't even have a choice to be anything other than 100% attentive because people expect this from me. So I take in as much as possible, talk to the people around me during the gig (only brief conversations of course so I don't miss anything) and when the concert is over, I replay everything in my head over and over again, from the moment I arrived at the hall to the last song, and write down the highlights.

• Like 4

I have the same "problem".

I guess it all is so overwhelming to get it all in. My brain kind of needs some time to process it.

From my first Wembley concert I remember a lot (I was standing at the B stage).

The other 2 concerts are not that clear anymore but I sat in the tribune so much further away. I do remember things about getting there, the people around me, but the concert...

Sometimes I suddenly think of some detail.

Looking at my pictures also helps.

I should make some time to write it down before things get out of memory.

• Like 1

I thought I was the only one who had this "problem"... glad to see I'm not alone! This must be one of the most wonderful experiences someone can live, so I think it's normal to feel overwhelmed. However, in my opinion we feel like we missed out the concert just because we'd really love to go back to that beautiful moment. After all, a memory is not a real experience and that's why we got this feeling: we only have memories though what we'd love is to actually be there again. Two months later I still think I didn't appreciate good enough my concert, but I also know I gave it all during those amazing two hours... so this is my advice: don't worry about anything and just live the moment!! Take pictures if you want to, sing, dance and be happy!! :D

Have a great time tonight!

PD: I also had hands and heads blocking my view, I spent the night trying to see through them and next day my neck was hurting haha :laugh3:

PD2: sorry for my english :S

• Like 2

I thought I was the only one who had this "problem"... glad to see I'm not alone! This must be one of the most wonderful experiences someone can live, so I think it's normal to feel overwhelmed. However, in my opinion we feel like we missed out the concert just because we'd really love to go back to that beautiful moment. After all, a memory is not a real experience and that's why we got this feeling: we only have memories though what we'd love is to actually be there again. Two months later I still think I didn't appreciate good enough my concert, but I also know I gave it all during those amazing two hours... so this is my advice: don't worry about anything and just live the moment!! Take pictures if you want to, sing, dance and be happy!! :D

Have a great time tonight!

PD: I also had hands and heads blocking my view, I spent the night trying to see through them and next day my neck was hurting haha :laugh3:

PD2: sorry for my english :S

Don't worry, your english is fine !

I tried my best today bit it was to no avail:

It was like a flash again ! When the lights went back on after the show and there was this haze in the stadium, I felt as if I had awoken from a dream.

• Like 2

Don't worry, your english is fine !

I tried my best today bit it was to no avail:

It was like a flash again ! When the lights went back on after the show and there was this haze in the stadium, I felt as if I had awoken from a dream.

You LIVED a dream! Watch videos. I have been doing that and it really helps take me back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

You LIVED a dream! Watch videos. I have been doing that and it really helps take me back.

I watched a lot of other sets on the same weekend, so it quickly became memory-overload and started to seem like a blur. I only really remembered certain bits and pieces because they had something that made them stick out, like Barry Gibb's surprise appearance or the Xylobands lighting up the field during Charlie Brown. When I watch videos, it helps me fill in the gaps and fully appreciate the concert.

• Like 2

Am so tired right now. I know I have lots of unanswered posts and still some messages i wanted to respond to, but i think I have to sleep now !

This time i went with a camera and i have 255 photos and videos which i just quickly browsed through. They are all from far away of course and don't compare to photos taken from close to the stage, but i love them all the same. Usually it is a blurry Chris whirling on the catwalk ! :D

Good night, you wonderful people from the Coldplaying forums who have become like a virtual family for me :)

• Like 7