✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Synth Used In ETIAW Intro?

kylecoldplayer

This has been asked on other sites a ton of times but looking at some other threads here, this might be able to get answered.

At the very beginning of Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall, there's the synth intro (not the outro from M.M.I.X that continues into the beginning of ETIAW, but the intro that starts ETIAW).

Any idea what synth instrument or module or plug-in was used to make it?

I don't have a audio recording to attach because I'm posting this from my iPhone. Just pull up a recording and at 0:03 there's the intro.

Please do not send me a link to the stems. I just needed help with finding the instrument that created the stem in the first place.

Also, taking a look at the instrument Guy used live during the AHFOD tour, I'd say it wasn't that keyboard and was a MIDI controller.

All help appreciated, thanks!

Not sure about that particular song, but I have read that a lot of their live synths are custom patches that the band and Dan Green make up from a mixture of studio gear. I know that Guy in particular has an interest in vintage synths, so it's a good chance it's not something that you can obtain as a production model.

Not sure about that particular song, but I have read that a lot of their live synths are custom patches that the band and Dan Green make up from a mixture of studio gear. I know that Guy in particular has an interest in vintage synths, so it's a good chance it's not something that you can obtain as a production model.

My guess is a patch from a plugin like NI Massive or recorded directly from synth modules in the studio.

• Like 1