✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Performing "Fly On" AMA

RealRece

3093e01282abe263f957ec3c6fb4f595.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Rece, That was such a great & heartfelt sign indeed, BIG KUDOs to you!! I was there very near the C-Stage that night and got to witness your courage with Chris on the Stage. I did fly from Houston just for this concert as they cancelled our Houston tour due to the Harvey hurricane.

Well, I'm sure your grandpa would be super proud of you! Was he the one who taught you how to play the piano? :)

Btw, how long have you been playing a piano? My daughter has just started taking a piano lesson this summer and we just got the first piano last month! We're super exciting about having this instrument in our house. Although I don't play any instrument but the first day we got a piano, i spent 30 mins on the Youtube VDO and was able to play a famous the Viva La Vida verse, it felt awesome!! I will try practicing this song too (whenever my daughter is not on the piano!

GREAT JOB and keep up the good work! // Bui.

Thanks Rece for all the background on your amazing evening. You're really talented on the piano. I wonder if the German guy Ferdinand who played Everglow on stage with Chris in Munich in June, was the first one Chris has trusted someone to play with him? Both of your videos really made my day, and I've been back several times to watch your video. The world would certainly be a much better place if we had more people with the kindness and love showed by Coldplay. Thankfully we saw Coldplay here in New Zealand in 2012 and again in 2016. By far the best concerts I've ever been to. The atmosphere was unbelievable. Have also relived the recent concert at Soldier Field on Samsung Gear VR, I just can't get enough and hope they come back again soon. :):):)

Hi Rece,

first of all, congratulations on being chosen to do the intro video, that must have been so cool to do.

And then being invited up to the C-stage to play Fly On...

I live in Belgium and am crazy enough to set my alarm to be able to watch the concert on Periscope. :p

I got up at 5u40 AM to watch the SF concert and we were so lucky to have some great Periscopes right away.

So, I saw your performance live on Periscope. :)

Fly On is my favourite song on Ghost Stories, so I was very happy to hear it, you did a great job!

Well, I'm sure your grandpa would be super proud of you! Was he the one who taught you how to play the piano? :)

Btw, how long have you been playing a piano?

GREAT JOB and keep up the good work! // Bui.

That's so awesome that you flew from Houston!! I've been playing piano for about a year and a half. I haven't had anyone teach me but I've always wanted lessons. They're just too expensive for us so I've had to try and teach myself

Hello there everyone! In case you don't know, I was extremely lucky to have introduced the band and performed on stage with Coldplay at Levi's Stadium on Oct. 4th, 2017! It was the most magical thing in the world. I know I messed up soooo much at the beginning due to the delay being extremely tough to get used to. But I got the hang of it around the first verse! So I figured, if you guys want to ask me anything, go ahead! I'd love to chat with everyone! :) if you need a link to the video, here is one that my good friends Jimmy Dushku and Ian (founder of Atlas Project) took!

You were fantastic! O was an amazing song choice and I'm so happy I got to hear it live (and thanks to you!).

Hello there everyone! In case you don't know, I was extremely lucky to have introduced the band and performed on stage with Coldplay at Levi's Stadium on Oct. 4th, 2017! It was the most magical thing in the world. I know I messed up soooo much at the beginning due to the delay being extremely tough to get used to. But I got the hang of it around the first verse! So I figured, if you guys want to ask me anything, go ahead! I'd love to chat with everyone! :) if you need a link to the video, here is one that my good friends Jimmy Dushku and Ian (founder of Atlas Project) took!

Hi Rece you lucky boy!!

First of all congrats on your amazing performance!! And a welcome to the introduction video family [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 2

Hi Rece :)

thankyou so much for doing this AMA...

i just wanted to tell you ...

You are so amazing and so talented!! I'm so happy that everything fell into place the way it did! <3 thankyou so much for sharing all the details with all of us !

i was watching Steve's live stream and watching you play Fly On was amazing and so beautiful!!! I started tearing up actually when you hit the first few notes!! So happy for you and im sure this is a day you'll never forget! Youre amazing!!!

have an amazing day and take care :)

• Like 2

Hi Rece,

What was that noise that sounded like a guitar being kicked, that made you smile part way through the performance?

I have no clue. Chris and I were so confused because we didn't hit any other keys so I'm thinking it was something from the main stage

• Like 1

Hey Rece,

Congratulations on the Intro vid and getting on stage and playing with Chris!!

Just wondering, did you give Chris something at the end before he ran off to sing SJLT?

Thanks for doing the AMA

I actually gave him a note! It has a lot of personal stuff in it, but the main point is basically thanking him and the band for all that they've done!

• Like 5

I actually gave him a note! It has a lot of personal stuff in it, but the main point is basically thanking him and the band for all that they've done!

Great! I could also so this when I my dream came true to meet the band in Hannover in June [emoji178]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

• Like 2

What an amazing experience! You will never forget how you felt while he stood there with his hand on your shoulder (bit jealous of that [emoji6]) while you played the notes that he wrote. And to be able to tell that story for the rest of your life! Beautifully done!

• Like 1

I still can't believe this all happened. I've been shaking since it happened because I'm still so extremely happy. Chris said a lot to me while he wasn't singing! He would say things like "f***ing beautiful" or "it's so badass that you're doing this" among other really kind and heartfelt comments. It was the best thing in the world. I love Chris so much

I don't even know where to begin! This night was the best night of my life! As Julie (my friend who I took with me) and I were walking into the field after the doors opened, we were approached by Ben, the lead designer of the tour (I can't remember his official title, my apologies) He came up to us and asked about our posters and where we were from and if we've been before, etc... then he asked us if we've heard about the fan introduction videos, and I told him that I thought that they were absolutely amazing and would be awesome to be in one! Then he asked us "Well, do you guys want to do the video?" So we both just looked at each other in shock and instantly said "yes!" He then took us backstage into a production room where we rehearsed the intro video and as we finished, we walked back out to the floor. From that point, we walked to go get some merchandise, because, of course why not? As Alina Baraz and Tove Lo were performing, we got super excited as the anticipation just kept building up and up (pun intended) then our intro video came on and everyone around us was freaking out as we were on the screen! Coldplay came out to the stage and it was just pure magic the whole time. Julie and I headed over to the C-Stage a few songs before the band came over and to the left of us was a few teenagers who were freaking out as they saw us and were like "oh my gosh it's them guys, it's the people from the intro!" And then... just pure... I don't even know how to describe it! The band came up the C-Stage and I held my signs up high (Guy Berryman came up first and smiled at Julie's and my signs!) and then Chris walked up and read my sign and waved but mouthed "let me think about it" and so I was like "oh that's totally fine!" I would have been okay if I didn't go on stage, but... fate had it I would in a moment! It was funny too because I felt so bad because a guy behind me yelled at me to put down my signs. (He comes into play later) So I put them down and the band start playing "In My Place" and end it with a tribute of "Free Falling" then Chris Martin goes to Will Champion (the drummer) and starts having a chat with him. They're nodding to each other and everything and then Chris announces that Will will be singing the next song! (Which was "Don't Panic") and Will almost never takes lead vocals! Then after the song changed... the sheer excitement kicked in so hard. Chris announced to the crowd "we've got this young man here with a beautifully written sign who would like to play a song for us" and the rest is all explained in the videos. He said a lot more before he actually introduced me but it was so crazy. The dude who yelled at me about the signs ended up apologizing. Sweet guy. In the end, none of this was planned. It was all sheer luck and just the best thing ever.

Oh ! Rece... this is just so fantastic !!!!! Beyond words, really ! I'm soooooo delighted for you. It's a dream come true, eh ? Well done !

• Like 1

That's so awesome that you flew from Houston!! I've been playing piano for about a year and a half. I haven't had anyone teach me but I've always wanted lessons. They're just too expensive for us so I've had to try and teach myself

I've started teaching myself this song today. It's not easy! I watched a youtube VDO by Kyle, i think. If you have a good VDO tutorial for this song, pls don't hesitate to share. It will take me several months until master in it :) GREAT Job!! I've been listening to your performance with Chris countless them during my jogging yesterday evening. It's such beautiful performance. xx - Bui.

I've started teaching myself this song today. It's not easy! I watched a youtube VDO by Kyle, i think. If you have a good VDO tutorial for this song, pls don't hesitate to share. It will take me several months until master in it :) GREAT Job!! I've been listening to your performance with Chris countless them during my jogging yesterday evening. It's such beautiful performance. xx - Bui.

I've thought about doing a tutorial but don't really have the set up for it! And oh thank you for the kind words! Excuse my messing up at the start of it though lol

Congrats man! This is my favorite Coldplay song to play on the piano, other than Politik and Clocks, and I was so jealous to see you got to play it with Chris.

Dude don't even worry about the mistakes, they weren't even that noticeable.

I'm just curious, what was the delay like? Could you hear yourself play, or did you have to go based on the PA?

I'm just curious, what was the delay like? Could you hear yourself play, or did you have to go based on the PA?

Since I wasn't able to practice beforehand, I went based off of the PA at the start (hence why I messed up so much because I couldn't actually focus on my hands) but then in the first verse, I just focused on my hands and Chris's singing instead

• Like 1

Screenshot_20171011-093052.thumb.png.e1d75b2b38c7fd831d6dc06e066a8bdd.png Rece

I'm so proud of what you've done as if it was me who was there next to Martin playing one of the most beautiful songs ever written by him and played by Coldplay.

I'm from Portugal and was able to see the gig twice last year in Barcelona (Portugal wasn't included on the tour). First night I stood at a very high sitting place where I was able to see all the incredible xylobands-effects with the city of Barcelona as background (i have marvellous photos and video shots!)..and at the second night I went to Golden Circle to stay right in front of the main stage and have a completely different angle and experience of the previous night.

But...my friend...what happened to you is a once in a lifetime experience! My dream is to be with the band once, meet them personally and just hang around to tell them what an important role they play on my personal life. It's hard to believe, but it's like they release a song, and the lyrics are exactly what i'm feeling in that exact moment! I know it may sound like crazy, but it is as if Martin is singing his feelings for/with me!

When they released "Ghost Stories" all remembered me of my divorce and the difficult times of loss..specially the times i didn't have with little daughter any more. She was Always in my Head, my True Love for her hurted too much...and I knew she was in Another's Arms. All I could was believe in Magic, look at the Sky Full of Stars....and O...look up to the sky and pray to my mother -who was taken too soon from me and this life with cancer- for her to do anything possible to one day..someday..maybe one day I could be next to her again!

And I could give you more examples of almost each and every song of our guys! Even this last one fits exactly in my actual personal situation. Fu****..there really must be something beyond the obvious, and that's why i still believe one day i will have the opportunity to have a pint with this guys and give Martin such a big hug to tell him THANK YOU for everything he's made in my life, specially for Fixing Me and showing me every day the lights that guide me safe home!

Rece, i'm proud of you! Of what you've done. So well! I would have started playing the intro...but next I know I would have started crying like a baby because of all the strong feelings this song transmits me about the loss of my mother...and otherwise because I would be next to Chris, who wrote with his hands such a beautiful poem I would have liked to be able to have written myself to dedicate to my beloved and still so missed mam.

Congratulations mate! Your example is the proof that we should never give up on our dreams..and keep on VivaLaVida!

UP AND UP...DON'T EVER GIVE UP!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
[

UP AND UP...DON'T EVER GIVE UP!

I didn't quote the whole thing because it was a long message, but thank you so much for your kind words. These four guys have done more for me than anyone could ever think of, and I can't thank them enough. My life was completed that night. I have nothing more to ask for in my life other than asking people to keep spreading love. I can't believe it. They changed me forever. I cried every day following it in tears of joy and sadness. I love them so much. I love every fan. I love everyone. We all make a difference for each other whether we know it or not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/7/2017 at 4:40 PM, RealRece said:

I still can't believe this all happened. I've been shaking since it happened because I'm still so extremely happy. Chris said a lot to me while he wasn't singing! He would say things like "f***ing beautiful" or "it's so badass that you're doing this" among other really kind and heartfelt comments. It was the best thing in the world. I love Chris so much

I don't even know where to begin! This night was the best night of my life! As Julie (my friend who I took with me) and I were walking into the field after the doors opened, we were approached by Ben, the lead designer of the tour (I can't remember his official title, my apologies) He came up to us and asked about our posters and where we were from and if we've been before, etc... then he asked us if we've heard about the fan introduction videos, and I told him that I thought that they were absolutely amazing and would be awesome to be in one! Then he asked us "Well, do you guys want to do the video?" So we both just looked at each other in shock and instantly said "yes!" He then took us backstage into a production room where we rehearsed the intro video and as we finished, we walked back out to the floor. From that point, we walked to go get some merchandise, because, of course why not? As Alina Baraz and Tove Lo were performing, we got super excited as the anticipation just kept building up and up (pun intended) then our intro video came on and everyone around us was freaking out as we were on the screen! Coldplay came out to the stage and it was just pure magic the whole time. Julie and I headed over to the C-Stage a few songs before the band came over and to the left of us was a few teenagers who were freaking out as they saw us and were like "oh my gosh it's them guys, it's the people from the intro!" And then... just pure... I don't even know how to describe it! The band came up the C-Stage and I held my signs up high (Guy Berryman came up first and smiled at Julie's and my signs!) and then Chris walked up and read my sign and waved but mouthed "let me think about it" and so I was like "oh that's totally fine!" I would have been okay if I didn't go on stage, but... fate had it I would in a moment! It was funny too because I felt so bad because a guy behind me yelled at me to put down my signs. (He comes into play later) So I put them down and the band start playing "In My Place" and end it with a tribute of "Free Falling" then Chris Martin goes to Will Champion (the drummer) and starts having a chat with him. They're nodding to each other and everything and then Chris announces that Will will be singing the next song! (Which was "Don't Panic") and Will almost never takes lead vocals! Then after the song changed... the sheer excitement kicked in so hard. Chris announced to the crowd "we've got this young man here with a beautifully written sign who would like to play a song for us" and the rest is all explained in the videos. He said a lot more before he actually introduced me but it was so crazy. The dude who yelled at me about the signs ended up apologizing. Sweet guy. In the end, none of this was planned. It was all sheer luck and just the best thing ever.

This is based on the assumption the Ben you were talking about was the video director since he asked for you guys to do the video. He passed away a few weeks ago at the time of writing.