✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Please let me to introduce myself...

Charlie Xyloto

Hello all Coldplayers!

I'm new to this community and fairly new to the world of Coldplay as well. I did hear their music on the radio from time to time over the years, but never really gave it a second thought. What started bringing me in was hearing Magic and Sky Full Of Stars in an aeroplane of all places. The songs made an impact with their beautiful mood and optimism in a time when I really needed it. Watching interviews with the band impressed me further, they had such a comraderie and obvious love for each other and their fans that comes across in everything they do and say. Chris wearing a button with LOVE written on it would come across as dishonest if he really didn't believe in it and act like it.

And then I bought Ghost Stories and A Head Full Of Dreams...You can not listen to their music, particularly A Head Full Of Dreams, and not feel the love they're bringing to you through their music. They're genuinely trying to change the world for better in the way they can, and I think they succeed in doing that in every person that really listens to their lyrics. You can not feel that kind of love and hear their message of unity without sharing that in your own life, it will affect your thinking and behaviour in a positive way. Like they say, we're in this together, we're one big band!

My one big regret is not seeing Coldplay live on the A Head Full Of Dreams tour, I was just a little too late to the party. When the next European tour is announced, I will do everything I can to get there! Right now I'm working backwards to get all their albums, latest addition being Mylo Xyloto.

Thank you for reading, I'm looking forward to talking Coldplay with you all!

Welcome to the forums !

And do check out B-sides and unreleased songs as well, some of their best gems are hidden away there ! Hint: One of those is the song I named myself after ;)

• Like 1

Welcome! Great post! I think that's something a lot of people don't realize about Coldplay/Chris. They genuinely are nice people who want to have this positive effect on the world. I love Chris's optimism and general love of life. It gives me a lot of hope.

And better late than never! You've actually joined at a good time, as we are awaiting the announcement of the AHFOD Live album/DVD, so exciting times!

I myself became a small fan just after X&Y released and quickly built up to being a massive fan while in the hype for their fourth album. So although we have a wait ahead of us for some new music, it will be a good time. The build-up to a new era is one of the best things. The rumors, the speculation, the teasers, checking this forum constantly for any sort of news... Oh man it's always a blast on here.

Anyway welcome, and enjoy getting to know Coldplay :)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

There certainly is a lot to get through... and don't forget Prospekt's March EP (IMO their best output outside of the 7 studio albums)

I don't know if you saw, but unfortunately in a recent interview with their manager, he said they won't be touring again until 2021 at the earliest (but that doesn't mean we couldn't get an album between now and then).

Thanks, I'll definitely check out Prospekt's March! Too bad if I have to wait three years for a concert... I do understand their need to get time off since they pretty much made two albums back to back and toured extensively all around the world!

• Like 2

I agree, @Gsilva and @Charlie Xyloto ! He definitely doesn't look real chipper, and had a very awkward-teen-coming-into-his-own look back then (even though he wasn't a teen in this pic--but he sure still looks like one). But now....wowza...the man's like a fine wine, better and better with every year! ;)

Chris always refers to Guy as "the handsome one" in the band. :grinning:

• Like 2

Welcome! Great post! I think that's something a lot of people don't realize about Coldplay/Chris. They genuinely are nice people who want to have this positive effect on the world. I love Chris's optimism and general love of life. It gives me a lot of hope.

And better late than never! You've actually joined at a good time, as we are awaiting the announcement of the AHFOD Live album/DVD, so exciting times!

I myself became a small fan just after X&Y released and quickly built up to being a massive fan while in the hype for their fourth album. So although we have a wait ahead of us for some new music, it will be a good time. The build-up to a new era is one of the best things. The rumors, the speculation, the teasers, checking this forum constantly for any sort of news... Oh man it's always a blast on here.

Anyway welcome, and enjoy getting to know Coldplay :)

Thank you coldplaykb!:)

Yeah, you can't fake being a genuinely nice person for long. In the clips I've seen they even seem to treat the interviewers as human beings doing their work rather than just a necessary evil. In one interview Chris even congratulated a reporter on his birthday and gave him one of his LOVE buttons! That optimism and love of life that comes across is something that we all really need right now. It's nice to have people to talk to about Coldplay, I'm sure I'll be checking in on the forums as regularly as I can! :)

• Like 1

I was thinking about it...and have a hunch that maybe it has something to do with sunflowers being yellow, since this was taken around the time Yellow got super popular. But I could be wrong. Just a guess :)

I'm pretty sure Yellow was the inspiration for the picture, it even has a yellow backgroung to go with the sunflowers.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forums !

And do check out B-sides and unreleased songs as well, some of their best gems are hidden away there ! Hint: One of those is the song I named myself after ;)

Thank you I ran away!:)

I will definitely try to get my hands on every release out there. "I Ran Away" must be a great track if you chose that name for yourself!:)

• Like 1

Thank you coldplaykb!:)

Yeah, you can't fake being a genuinely nice person for long. In the clips I've seen they even seem to treat the interviewers as human beings doing their work rather than just a necessary evil. In one interview Chris even congratulated a reporter on his birthday and gave him one of his LOVE buttons! That optimism and love of life that comes across is something that we all really need right now. It's nice to have people to talk to about Coldplay, I'm sure I'll be checking in on the forums as regularly as I can! :)

Exactly! And I remember that exact interview. He's always so genuine and so humble.

• Like 1

Welcome! ASFOS was one of the songs that made me love Coldplay too:)

Thank you Carolina, sorry I somehow missed your post yesterday! :) Yeah, Ghost Stories is full of gems! Besides ASFOS and Magic my faves are Always In My Head and Midnight. That's the kind of album that definitely benefits from hearing it with headphones!

• Like 2