✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Please let me to introduce myself...

Charlie Xyloto

Hello all Coldplayers!

I'm new to this community and fairly new to the world of Coldplay as well. I did hear their music on the radio from time to time over the years, but never really gave it a second thought. What started bringing me in was hearing Magic and Sky Full Of Stars in an aeroplane of all places. The songs made an impact with their beautiful mood and optimism in a time when I really needed it. Watching interviews with the band impressed me further, they had such a comraderie and obvious love for each other and their fans that comes across in everything they do and say. Chris wearing a button with LOVE written on it would come across as dishonest if he really didn't believe in it and act like it.

And then I bought Ghost Stories and A Head Full Of Dreams...You can not listen to their music, particularly A Head Full Of Dreams, and not feel the love they're bringing to you through their music. They're genuinely trying to change the world for better in the way they can, and I think they succeed in doing that in every person that really listens to their lyrics. You can not feel that kind of love and hear their message of unity without sharing that in your own life, it will affect your thinking and behaviour in a positive way. Like they say, we're in this together, we're one big band!

My one big regret is not seeing Coldplay live on the A Head Full Of Dreams tour, I was just a little too late to the party. When the next European tour is announced, I will do everything I can to get there! Right now I'm working backwards to get all their albums, latest addition being Mylo Xyloto.

Thank you for reading, I'm looking forward to talking Coldplay with you all!

• Like 8

Welcome to the forum!

I've read your whole post and can definitely relate to you on some points. I had also been aware of the Coldplay's songs throughout the years somehow before I actually started following them. Anyway, it's better late than never. :D

Have fun scrolling the forum!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

I've read your whole post and can definitely relate to you on some points. I had also been aware of the Coldplay's songs throughout the years somehow before I actually started following them. Anyway, it's better late than never. :D

Have fun scrolling the forum!

Thank you for the welcome M! There's certainly a lot to read on the forum, better get on it! :)

• Like 1

Hello all Coldplayers!

I'm new to this community and fairly new to the world of Coldplay as well. I did hear their music on the radio from time to time over the years, but never really gave it a second thought. What started bringing me in was hearing Magic and Sky Full Of Stars in an aeroplane of all places. The songs made an impact with their beautiful mood and optimism in a time when I really needed it. Watching interviews with the band impressed me further, they had such a comraderie and obvious love for each other and their fans that comes across in everything they do and say. Chris wearing a button with LOVE written on it would come across as dishonest if he really didn't believe in it and act like it.

And then I bought Ghost Stories and A Head Full Of Dreams...You can not listen to their music, particularly A Head Full Of Dreams, and not feel the love they're bringing to you through their music. They're genuinely trying to change the world for better in the way they can, and I think they succeed in doing that in every person that really listens to their lyrics. You can not feel that kind of love and hear their message of unity without sharing that in your own life, it will affect your thinking and behaviour in a positive way. Like they say, we're in this together, we're one big band!

My one big regret is not seeing Coldplay live on the A Head Full Of Dreams tour, I was just a little too late to the party. When the next European tour is announced, I will do everything I can to get there! Right now I'm working backwards to get all their albums, latest addition being Mylo Xyloto.

Thank you for reading, I'm looking forward to talking Coldplay with you all!

Welcome, @Charlie Xyloto ! I've been a Coldplay fan since 2000 but only just found this website last October--and everyone here is so kind, considerate, and generous. I've even learned a lot about the band from fellow Coldplayers, as I am sure you will as well, and you will have a blast!

d35434fc1b8e5dfad6dec0bfb5112b68.jpg

I just had to throw this welcoming picture in here, it's super cute :)

• Like 1

Welcome!

The further back you go in their discography, the better it gets;)

That's very similar to how I become a Coldplayer a couple years ago.... had heard Magic, ASFOS, Fix You while also realizing "Wow this is really the same band that wrote The Scientist, Clocks, Yellow, VLV, Paradise?" And then I finally worked through every song they've released and love 95% of all of their songs just as much as the ones I had loved all along throughout the years.

Enjoy your ride through all of the albums. It's like each takes you on a different emotional journey. But don't over-indulge like I did (listening to every album a gazillion times a day), because we've got a little ways to go before the next album haha. It'll leave you dying for more.

It was like binge-watching all 7 seasons of a great show on Netflix in 2 weeks, then now having to wait 3+ years until season 8.

• Like 2

Welcome, @Charlie Xyloto ! I've been a Coldplay fan since 2000 but only just found this website last October--and everyone here is so kind, considerate, and generous. I've even learned a lot about the band from fellow Coldplayers, as I am sure you will as well, and you will have a blast!

Thank you coldplayingmama! :) I'm sure I'll learn a lot about the band here, it's great to have nice people to talk to and ask questions from. And thank you for the photo, that's just priceless! Guy doesn't seem too happy about it though.:D

• Like 1

Welcome!

The further back you go in their discography, the better it gets;)

That's very similar to how I become a Coldplayer a couple years ago.... had heard Magic, ASFOS, Fix You while also realizing "Wow this is really the same band that wrote The Scientist, Clocks, Yellow, VLV, Paradise?" And then I finally worked through every song they've released and love 95% of all of their songs just as much as the ones I had loved all along throughout the years.

Enjoy your ride through all of the albums. It's like each takes you on a different emotional journey. But don't over-indulge like I did (listening to every album a gazillion times a day), because we've got a little ways to go before the next album haha. It'll leave you dying for more.

It was like binge-watching all 7 seasons of a great show on Netflix in 2 weeks, then now having to wait 3+ years until season 8.

Thank you Zero Theory!:)

Yeah, I have been pretty much binging on Coldplay since i got the spark! Thankfully they have created quite a lot of music in the 20 years they've been together, so I can immerse myself on their back catalogue before we get new releases, live or studio. I hope we won't have to wait too long though, I would love to see them live in concert!

• Like 1

Thank you Zero Theory!:)

Yeah, I have been pretty much binging on Coldplay since i got the spark! Thankfully they have created quite a lot of music in the 20 years they've been together, so I can immerse myself on their back catalogue before we get new releases, live or studio. I hope we won't have to wait too long though, I would love to see them live in concert!

There certainly is a lot to get through... and don't forget Prospekt's March EP (IMO their best output outside of the 7 studio albums)

I don't know if you saw, but unfortunately in a recent interview with their manager, he said they won't be touring again until 2021 at the earliest (but that doesn't mean we couldn't get an album between now and then).

• Like 1

Lol, Guy was everything but handsome back then.
  • Like 3

Lol, Guy was everything but handsome back then.

I agree, @Gsilva and @Charlie Xyloto ! He definitely doesn't look real chipper, and had a very awkward-teen-coming-into-his-own look back then (even though he wasn't a teen in this pic--but he sure still looks like one). But now....wowza...the man's like a fine wine, better and better with every year! ;)

• Like 4

I agree, @Gsilva and @Charlie Xyloto ! He definitely doesn't look real chipper, and had a very awkward-teen-coming-into-his-own look back then (even though he wasn't a teen in this pic--but he sure still looks like one). But now....wowza...the man's like a fine wine, better and better with every year! ;)
I complete agree with you! By the way, does anyone know what was the point of standing and posing with sunflowers in front of the camera? :D
  • Like 1

I complete agree with you! By the way, does anyone know what was the point of standing and posing with sunflowers in front of the camera? :D
Wow, you should defenitly check their early photoshoot to see how weird they were
  • Like 3

Good question. I'd like to know that too. I am trying to find info on the picture but am not having success...someone help! In the meantime, I found this one too! Looks like Chris is about to take a big chomp of his sunflower. I love looking at really old pics of the guys, they look so darn cute and young!

8ea81393da9f9955d784c5c195f83f12--coldplay-concert-coldplay-chris.jpg

• Like 1

I was thinking about it...and have a hunch that maybe it has something to do with sunflowers being yellow, since this was taken around the time Yellow got super popular. But I could be wrong. Just a guess :)

• Like 2

Good question. I'd like to know that too. I am trying to find info on the picture but am not having success...someone help! In the meantime, I found this one too! Looks like Chris is about to take a big chomp of his sunflower. I love looking at really old pics of the guys, they look so darn cute and young!

8ea81393da9f9955d784c5c195f83f12--coldplay-concert-coldplay-chris.jpg

That's so adorable! I can't believe how much cute they used to look nearly 20 years ago. Chris being goofy as usual and Guy, Jonny and Will seem to be somehow dragged into the mood Chris have set. :D
  • Like 1

I was thinking about it...and have a hunch that maybe it has something to do with sunflowers being yellow, since this was taken around the time Yellow got super popular. But I could be wrong. Just a guess :)
Oh, this sounds pretty right and accurate! I wish I had come up with this theory either. Anyway, the flowers were lucky enough to be held by the band. :joy:
  • Like 1

Some of my favourites

[ATTACH=full]7876[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]7877[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]7878[/ATTACH]

Mindblown! It screams the 90s fashion! I wonder what the concept may have been... "So here we are going to take a family photo, next you'll be pretending that you are being swallowed by the bush and lastly, just act naturally as you were all alone..." Hilarious yet ridiculous. :D
  • Like 2