✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying Q&A - Ask Us Anything!

stephen

• Administrators

Hello everyone!

As we are going through a strange time in the world at the moment, I thought I could answer a few questions on here. Whatever you've ever wanted to know about me, the inner workings of Coldplaying or our team, I am here to answer.

I am currently social distancing and have too much time on my hands so I would also like to ask you people a question: What would you like to see from Coldplaying? I am aware that the site has been neglected as of late - namely the speed issues - but I am focused on bettering the site as much as I can during this period of isolation. So what do I get started on first?

Whether I get 2 questions or 20, I will try and answer each one to the best of my ability :)

• Like 1

• Administrators

Good to see this space to talk!

Uhm... a question: do you have some rare unreleased songs we don't know? Like demos or something? Gosh, I already feel like I need something new from Coldplay!

No....Yes....I Can't say....but yes. I've been sent a few over the years, some you have never heard of, demo's, completed songs etc.. But out of respect for the band, I will most certainly never release any :)

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Hi, first of all, thank you for doing this, and sending good vibes to where you are ! I hope we all stay safe and most importantly do as much as we can to protect our vulnerable fellow humans :)

My question is a very simple one - is it possible to become a mod ? I'd be very interested. As you know this is my favourite website, I'm online a lot and often see spam etc long before it is seen and removed, so I wanted to ask if I could join the team ? :D

• Administrators

Hi, first of all, thank you for doing this, and sending good vibes to where you are ! I hope we all stay safe and most importantly do as much as we can to protect our vulnerable fellow humans :)

My question is a very simple one - is it possible to become a mod ? I'd be very interested. As you know this is my favourite website, I'm online a lot and often see spam etc long before it is seen and removed, so I wanted to ask if I could join the team ? :D

Hey, thanks for the lovely message.

To your simple question I am going to give a confusing answer hahah. So we are planning a server upgrade at the moment which is proving to be difficult. There are few websites like Coldplaying and we have very specific needs when it comes to servers that many hosting providers cannot offer. Also, these things come at a hefty price. I am waiting for the transition to a new server before I make any big changes on the site. That's why a lot of stuff like Multimedia and various issues have not been addressed in recent months. Once the transition period from the old server to the new server is complete, I will 100% drop you a message! So in short - no at the present moment - yes in the near future!

• Wow 1

I saw the other day some instagram stories that you were digitising old tapes. Did you get them from EMI? And if you are going to release some of them. And my other question is how much people are behind coldplaying (social media)

• Administrators

I saw the other day some instagram stories that you were digitising old tapes. Did you get them from EMI? And if you are going to release some of them. And my other question is how much people are behind coldplaying (social media)

So for anyone who didn't see, I got three tapes, originally from EMI, mastered in Abbey Road on Discogs. They were 'White Shadows' and 'Til Kingdom Come' Live at Glastonbury 2005 and Speed of Sound (Behind The Scenes). The Glastonbury performances won't be uploaded because they are available in better quality on YouTube but I will hopefully upload the Speed of Sound video soon because I have yet to see it on YouTube or anywhere else. It was probably available online back in 2005 but it is impossible to find these days.

So I don't have much to do with social media these days, it is handled by four women who do the most amazing job at keeping everyone updated (including me). I'm not sure how they do it so well but they make my life a hell of a lot easier as I am extremely busy these days!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

So for anyone who didn't see, I got three tapes, originally from EMI, mastered in Abbey Road on Discogs. They were 'White Shadows' and 'Til Kingdom Come' Live at Glastonbury 2005 and Speed of Sound (Behind The Scenes). The Glastonbury performances won't be uploaded because they are available in better quality on YouTube but I will hopefully upload the Speed of Sound video soon because I have yet to see it on YouTube or anywhere else. It was probably available online back in 2005 but it is impossible to find these days.

So I don't have much to do with social media these days, it is handled by four women who do the most amazing job at keeping everyone updated (including me). I'm not sure how they do it so well but they make my life a hell of a lot easier as I am extremely busy these days!

Thanks! I have the Speed of Sound behind the scenes but the quality is not good. So maybe i’ll wait until you post a better version.

To your simple question I am going to give a confusing answer hahah. So we are planning a server upgrade at the moment which is proving to be difficult. There are few websites like Coldplaying and we have very specific needs when it comes to servers that many hosting providers cannot offer. Also, these things come at a hefty price. I am waiting for the transition to a new server before I make any big changes on the site. That's why a lot of stuff like Multimedia and various issues have not been addressed in recent months. Once the transition period from the old server to the new server is complete, I will 100% drop you a message! So in short - no at the present moment - yes in the near future!

Since a bunch of us spend a lot of time here in this forum, I am also interested in helping to mod the site. So, if there's any help needed with that, you can contact me as well! :D

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

So in short - no at the present moment - yes in the near future!

Are you looking for any rolesin particular? I guess it depends on what you want the site to be in the future, but I think you can do with a writer (for the main site articles). I feel like everyone wants to be a mod, but I dont think you need 100 of them either.

Ive pushed for a video/podcast for a while. Is there any appetite on your end for that?

Ive also pushed for merch, how about that?

• Administrators

Are you looking for any rolesin particular? I guess it depends on what you want the site to be in the future, but I think you can do with a writer (for the main site articles). I feel like everyone wants to be a mod, but I dont think you need 100 of them either.

Ive pushed for a video/podcast for a while. Is there any appetite on your end for that?

Ive also pushed for merch, how about that?

Yes, one or two more moderators at most and a writer would be handy to have.

In terms of a podcast, it may happen in the future but many have tried it already and it has failed. I don't see how ours would be any different.

Also we tried merchandise once before and we sold a few t-shirts but it would be very expensive to do again. We would have to hire a designer and make sure we do not infringe any copyright or trademarks. I'm pretty sure 'Coldplaying' would infringe on the Coldplay trademark anyway.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...