✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay @Expo Dubai 2020

Anyone who's going to try to come to Coldplay's performance @ Dubai Expo this Feb 15th?? 😱😱 

Link to event info https://www.expo2020dubai.com/en/calendar/events/02 feb 2022/infinite nights coldplay live at expo 2020 dubai

Tickets are free to book on 12th Feb but requires Expo tickets to enter the area.

Edited by Milfeulle30
  • Like 1

Also, I just wanted to check with everyone else about what they're thinking about the performance. To be honest, I'm not sure if the issue lies with the really bad mixes off-late for Coldplay's live streams and TV appearances, or if they're still warming up to playing the new songs live; but has anyone else felt like they're falling out of time with each other just by a little bit in the new songs? I mean, mistakes and bum notes are okay once in a while, and I'm not referring to that, but there are times when they're not landing together on beat at times, albeit just by a little bit. 

I don't notice this as much with the older songs, which is why I'm thinking that it could also just be them warming up to playing MOTS songs live. 

I might be reading into this a little too much, but at the end of the concert, when they were gathering for their bow, I think Chris was a little disappointed about the performance, especially coloratura; he's talking to Will a little seriously, and later while walking off stage, Will (in his typical, lovely, wonderful way) pats Chris on the back and seems to be saying, 'it's okay'. I might really be reading too much into this actually. 😅

But having said all this, it nevertheless was really great to watch them perform live to a big audience again, and honestly, the visuals on the roof were just amazing. I know they're going to sound great live!

2 hours ago, Suhit said:

Also, I just wanted to check with everyone else about what they're thinking about the performance. To be honest, I'm not sure if the issue lies with the really bad mixes off-late for Coldplay's live streams and TV appearances, or if they're still warming up to playing the new songs live; but has anyone else felt like they're falling out of time with each other just by a little bit in the new songs? I mean, mistakes and bum notes are okay once in a while, and I'm not referring to that, but there are times when they're not landing together on beat at times, albeit just by a little bit. 

I don't notice this as much with the older songs, which is why I'm thinking that it could also just be them warming up to playing MOTS songs live. 

I might be reading into this a little too much, but at the end of the concert, when they were gathering for their bow, I think Chris was a little disappointed about the performance, especially coloratura; he's talking to Will a little seriously, and later while walking off stage, Will (in his typical, lovely, wonderful way) pats Chris on the back and seems to be saying, 'it's okay'. I might really be reading too much into this actually. 😅

But having said all this, it nevertheless was really great to watch them perform live to a big audience again, and honestly, the visuals on the roof were just amazing. I know they're going to sound great live!

Yes, something seemed off today with today's performance and also with stream audio a bit. I haven't took time to look more into details yet, but it seemed like they had some problems with timing and click tracks. These might have been some technical issues, because was quite complex show technically. I'm sure things will work better on tour, especially when the whole crew and band gets used to everything after a few shows. We can expect a few rusty shows at the starr of tour for sure.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Suhit said:

Hi, I was there live from afar and I would agree. At one point I almost said that I think they seemed tired? 😅 Also wasn't a fan of the Yellow version played I hope they do the old version. When they did their bow, I don't know but I felt sad in Guy's reaction but maybe just me overthinking 🤣 

Also from where I was, there was little exposure from Will, Guy and Johnny (but this is just the camera guy which is frustrating me 😂) but the dome graphics was amazing and also grateful for organizers for the free event - crowd control and space could've definitely been better! 

Excited to see them again in July! 🤩🤩🤩

• Like 1

People on various forums don't like these U2 comparisons, but watching the first three songs I got very strong U2 PopMart vibes. The close-cropped hair, Chris holding the mic like a kazoo, the address to the audience while the guitarist chimes the intro to the soulful anthem. Rhythmically, "Clocks" is fairly similar to "I Will Follow" as the classic second track. A band twenty years in, engaging with transformative times (1997 having been the dawn of the online/youth culture era). I was there the first time around at the old Soldier Field--roll on May! Reading of the band's possible dissatisfaction with its own performance only adds to the list, of course.

I watched the livestream and I have to say that I really loved the sound mix in this one, for me it was probably the best of all MOTS promo gigs I've heard so far because they finally turned up Jonny's guitar so you could hear the details, and also that bass drum was powerful! Chris played some new small piano improvs, for example in Clocks. Chris's vocals also sounded on point minus the usual lyrics mistakes. All in all a stellar performance for me, not to mention the beautiful visuals of course

Towards the end I did note those minor slip-ups as well though, during Coloratura the timing sounded a bit off and Chris definitely looked exhausted and a bit underwhelmed at the end. Probably there were indeed some technical issues in their click tracks. I also noticed he used lots of piano interludes to give the rest of the band time between songs, which could also be an indicator for there being technical issues to figure out.

Nonetheless, overall a 10/10 performance for me and my favourite of the era so far!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, I ran away said:

I watched the livestream and I have to say that I really loved the sound mix in this one, for me it was probably the best of all MOTS promo gigs I've heard so far because they finally turned up Jonny's guitar so you could hear the details, and also that bass drum was powerful! Chris played some new small piano improvs, for example in Clocks. Chris's vocals also sounded on point minus the usual lyrics mistakes. All in all a stellar performance for me, not to mention the beautiful visuals of course

Towards the end I did note those minor slip-ups as well though, during Coloratura the timing sounded a bit off and Chris definitely looked exhausted and a bit underwhelmed at the end. Probably there were indeed some technical issues in their click tracks. I also noticed he used lots of piano interludes to give the rest of the band time between songs, which could also be an indicator for there being technical issues to figure out.

Nonetheless, overall a 10/10 performance for me and my favourite of the era so far!

Yeah, I was also thinking about possible click track issues.

I remember really loving how fix you started, and the mix was sounding beautiful on that song. Most of their old songs sounded fine actually: scientist, vlv, clocks like you mentioned, etc.

• Like 1

I did notice in Coloratura at the end of the third chorus there’s a big mistake, I would need to listen harder about who hits the wrong note between Chris Jonny or Guy, as well as the timing, but there’s definitely that and also Chris singing a wrong lyric while Will sings the correct one. This is the kind of stuff that doesn’t detract from enjoyment but proves the band is human and doing most things live. Everything else sounded too notch! Jonnys Coloratura solo was especially good.