✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 2024 leaks - Lyrics compilation

Jonan

On 4/24/2024 at 1:04 PM, tallerolder said:

A little remark for the German lyrics in Robot:

I’m a native German speaker, and as far as I can hear, Chris sings

« Hier leben wir in einem Roboterregal », which would translate as « Here we live in a robot shelve ». Doesn’t really make too much sense, but definitely more than « Hier leben wir ein einer Roboter-Regel » - which doesnt work neither logically from a content point of view nor grammatically. 

Maybe what Chris actually meant to say was « Here we live under the rule of robots (« under a robot rule ») »…

whilst rule can be translated with « Regel » (e.g. the rules of a game), it doesnt work here. Rule in the sense here would be translated with either « Gesetz » (hier leben wir UNTER einem Robotergesetz) or « Herrschaft » (hier leben wir in einer Robotor-Herrschaft)

I asked my Deutsch Professor about the lyrics before at Uni. I remember it was something Robot Rules. Fun fact: Chris's lyrics on German is apparently Eng-Deu GOOGLE Translation. So there should be some mistakes on Grammars. Probably would be odd for you natives.

2 hours ago, TomJMusic said:

These two lines of 'The Only One' aren't sitting right with me, 

Got On A Plane, Yo, Set To Stone
All These Are Reasons, Things Are Gone

It's hard to make out, I might try to isolate the vocals somewhat and hopefully hear a little clearer. But just as examples of what I mean:

• I'm sure it starts with 'But', rather than 'Got'.
  • It sounds like 'You're Set To Stun' rather than 'Yo, Set To Stone'
  • I don't think the final word is 'Gone', there's an 's' sound at the end, it almost sounds like 'guns'. 'Phaser Guns', maybe???

Or I'm going mad. I can't really tell. 🙃

You’re not “The Only One” hearing that either lol 

This is my interpretation of that verse:

“Got on a plane, yo

Set to stun

All these are reasons

Phaser guns”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomJMusic said:

These two lines of 'The Only One' aren't sitting right with me, 

Got On A Plane, Yo, Set To Stone
All These Are Reasons, Things Are Gone

It's hard to make out, I might try to isolate the vocals somewhat and hopefully hear a little clearer. But just as examples of what I mean:

• I'm sure it starts with 'But', rather than 'Got'.
  • It sounds like 'You're Set To Stun' rather than 'Yo, Set To Stone'
  • I don't think the final word is 'Gone', there's an 's' sound at the end, it almost sounds like 'guns'. 'Phaser Guns', maybe???

Or I'm going mad. I can't really tell. 🙃

This is what i hear:

"Bird or a plane, you're

Set to stun

All these are reasons   (I think I hear something like "Laser" in this line, I'm not sure)

Phaser guns"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admirice said:

I asked my Deutsch Professor about the lyrics before at Uni. I remember it was something Robot Rules. Fun fact: Chris's lyrics on German is apparently Eng-Deu GOOGLE Translation. So there should be some mistakes on Grammars. Probably would be odd for you natives.

Ok wow you really seem to be a die hard Coldplay fan if you even bring your questions about coldplay lyrics to UNI 😊

I tried translating various English sentences back to german via google translation but never got the "mistaken" sentence... Maybe Chris did this a few years back when google translate would translate We live under a robot rule still with "Roboterregel" instead of "Roboterherrschaft"... 🤣

btw did u see my private message?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zetherio said:

This is what i hear:

"Bird or a plane, you're

Set to stun

All these are reasons   (I think I hear something like "Laser" in this line, I'm not sure)

Phaser guns"

I'm hearing "Laser" too! Just can't figure out the context/words around it to make sense. But could fit - if it is then followed by "Phaser guns".

"Bird or a plane.." is a great shout!

• Like 1