✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

tv appearances of coldplay

';'

Thanks for the offer of tapes, but sweety's right, videos/TV are different over here.

Without sounding too nerdy i think its a different form of decoding stuff(???) Europe has PAL and US has NTSC (i think) . They still work, but they're usually crappy quality (i mean CRAPPY) fuzzing etc. and sometimes just in black and white :shock:

ah well, i'll settle for seeing them live in just over a week :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI:

Later... DVD

The UK music show, Later...With Jools Holland, is celebrating its 10-year anniversary by releasing a DVD culling together some of the most memorable performances of the past decade. Radiohead's performance of "Paranoid Android" will be included on the 30-track DVD, which hits UK shelves on November 18th. Here's the full tracklisting:

The Verve - "Bitter Sweet Symphony"

Mary J Blige - "No More Drama"

Portishead - "Glory Box"

Ladysmith Black Mambazo - "Star And The Wiseman"

Bjork - "Hunter"

David Gray - "Babylon"

Pulp - "I Spy"

Norma Waterson - "There Ain't No Sweet Man"

Paul Weller - "Woodcutter's Son"

The Hives - "I Hate To Say I Told You So"

Jools Holland - "Blood Sucker Blues"

Massive Attack - "Karmacoma"

Blur - "Parklife"

Ibrahim Ferrer & Cachaito - "Wahira"

Oasis - "Whatever"

Nick Cave - "God Is In The House"

PJ Harvey - "Down By The Water"

Robbie Williams - "Angels"

Mariza - "O Gente Da Minha Terra"

Coldplay - "Yellow"

Baaba Maal - "Jamma Jengii"

Orbital - "Satan"

D'Angelo - "Brown Sugar"

Diana Krall - "Peel Me A Grape"

Morrissey - "Suedehead"

Moby - "Porcelain"

Blind Boys Of Alabama - "Run On"

Primal Scream - "Swastika Eyes"

REM - "Country Feedback"

Radiohead - "Paranoid Android"

:shock:

Jools Holland is a Jazz / Musical god who has his own open-talent show which attracts a lot of the big genuine music talents (i.e. very little chart related pop junk and lots of serious artists). He's been going in England for a long time now and we all love and and respect him lots, even if he does sometimes look a little like a scary, intense little man :lol:

another bit of Coldplay related DVD luvlyness ripped from Dotmusic (maybe you should link it Ian?):

"Coldplay are planning to release a DVD documenting their emergence as big-hitters across the music globe, it has emerged.

The band, currently riding high across the world off the back of new album 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head', have been personally filming their antics since the recording of debut 'Parachutes'.

Bass player Guy Berryman told Rolling Stone of his plans for the film: We want to make it good, not do it for the sake of doing it.

I know a lot of bands go, 'Oh, let's just do a DVD,' and get a film crew and they film it and record music and stick it out. I'd like to do something a bit more interesting than that.

Berryman has been filming Coldplay for a number of years, and has around 200 hours of footage from the 'Parachutes' sessions alone. He says another year's filming is required before the project is ready to take-off.

Berryman explained that he had no real clue as to the content of much of the tapes, although there is apparently footage of Chris Martin sucking helium backstage at a recent US show, which allowed the Coldplay frontman to sing 'God Put A Smile Upon Your Face' like a chipmunk."

!!! :shock: !!! :shock: !!! :shock: !!!

another bit of Coldplay related DVD luvlyness ripped from Dotmusic (maybe you should link it Ian?):

"Coldplay are planning to release a DVD documenting their emergence as big-hitters across the music globe, it has emerged.

The band, currently riding high across the world off the back of new album 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head', have been personally filming their antics since the recording of debut 'Parachutes'.

Bass player Guy Berryman told Rolling Stone of his plans for the film: We want to make it good, not do it for the sake of doing it.

I know a lot of bands go, 'Oh, let's just do a DVD,' and get a film crew and they film it and record music and stick it out. I'd like to do something a bit more interesting than that.

Berryman has been filming Coldplay for a number of years, and has around 200 hours of footage from the 'Parachutes' sessions alone. He says another year's filming is required before the project is ready to take-off.

Berryman explained that he had no real clue as to the content of much of the tapes, although there is apparently footage of Chris Martin sucking helium backstage at a recent US show, which allowed the Coldplay frontman to sing 'God Put A Smile Upon Your Face' like a chipmunk."

!!! :shock: !!! :shock: !!! :shock: !!!

i saw that on the other board i was going to put it up but you beat me anyways i cant wait for that. you know how much i love guy. and i would love to own something that he had a part of putting together.

do you get the chipmunks in canada?

omg yes

alvin, simon, theodore!

and that helium thing was at the toronto show (unless he did it somewhere else) and it was during green eyes. HYSTERICAL! chris was laughing so hard he could barely sing it.

hahaha - sounds great. and as for the chipmunks - that's such a relief - i don't like to think anyone's missing out. :lol: