Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Coldplaying

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Christa42

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Christa42

  1. 1 September 2014 / submitted by Joao , Canada Q. Just wondering what string gauge/tuning is used for Charlie Brown. It sounds very jangly. I like it! THE ORACLE REPLIES > You will soon discover there is a theme with this week's questions. It seems you guys want to know a lot about Jonny so I enlisted Matt McGinn to answer a few specialist questions. Over to Matt: Jangly eh? Tuning is D#ADGA#D Gauges top to bottom: .013 .017 .026 .035 .045 .056 1 September 2014 / submitted by Joao Vitor Felicio, Canada Q. Hey oracle, just wondering if Johnny ever uses a Fender Twin Reverb, or is it safe to say he sticks to his Devilles? THE ORACLE REPLIES > Matt: He uses all sorts, including Twins, but we always come back to the DeVilles. We swap out the Fender speakers for Celestion Vintage drivers, by the way. A bit chunkier sounding and less harsh. 1 September 2014 / submitted by Newman, Canada Q. Hey Oracle, Just wondering if you could fill me in on Jonny's amp settings. He's the best. And so are you! THE ORACLE REPLIES > Thank you. Here's Matt: Always changing... we just started using Kempers in the signal chain as well, which adds a whole new dimension...usually we run amps pretty loud with a fair amount of bass and a bit of natural distortion, then pour all the effects into the front end. 2 September 2014 / submitted by Angus, Australia Q. Hi, Oracle! I'm trying to emulate the overdrive that Jonny used on X&Y. Could you point me in the right direction in terms of pedals and presets? Hope you're well! Angus THE ORACLE REPLIES > (I already have the answers from Matt McGinn for the Jonny Buckland questions I chose, so anyone that has sent a new one overnight - and there are a few of you - I'm afraid you will have a wait as I am not adding any further Qs to what we have for this week). Back to the Q in hand & Matt: You mean the song or the whole album? We used the Vintage Rat a lot on that stuff, as I recall...though it's ten years ago now, man. Lotta beer under the bridge since! 2 September 2014 / submitted by Benny, United States of America Q. O knowledgable Oracle, What kind of guitar did Johnny use during the MX tour, and I mean the one that had the graffiti like the other instruments. I felt like it was a stratocaster but I wasn't sure what kind. And also, who did the atwork for the bands instruments? THE ORACLE REPLIES > I've actually discussed the artwork many times but here's Matt: Same guy that did everything else, a graffiti artist named Paris. There were Strats and Teles, mostly painted by him. 2 September 2014 / submitted by Lea, Germany Q. Hey all-knowing Oracle! Once you said that Jonny's favourite guitar is named Sunny. I heard that one of his favourite ones is a Fender Telecaster Thinline, so I was wondering if Sunny is a Fender Telecaster Thinline? Thanks, Lea :) THE ORACLE REPLIES > Matt: Yep, that's the one! It was the main guitar in the Ghost Stories DVD* if you have a look - it's got a sunburst finish, hence the name. *Matt is referring to the TV special that we told you about the broadcast of back in May. 3 September 2014 / submitted by Jorge, Australia Q. Oh wise Oracle, could you please ask Matt McGinn what is Jonny Buckland's favourite guitar effect? THE ORACLE REPLIES > I asked, this is what Matt said: Oh help...that is tough...er, echoey loud ones! So many options...but that's about the size of it... 3 September 2014 / submitted by Steven, United States of America Q. Hello Oracle, Is the grey Fender Stratocaster Mr. Buckland has been playing for GS a new guitar or and old one he had lying around and has decided to use for this album's shows? (It looks rather worn). Thanks! THE ORACLE REPLIES > Matt says: It's new, a Strat built for the tour by Bill Nash, made to seem old. Does it look grey? It's meant to be black...ah well. 3 September 2014 / submitted by Sam, Australia Q. Hi Oracle, I've been loving Coldplay's performances of the new songs from Ghost Stories, but I wanted to know what guitars and amps Jonny is using, as they look really different to what he used for the last few albums. Thanks THE ORACLE REPLIES > Sunny and the Strat mentioned previously, mainly. Amps-wise it's been the Kemper profilers plus an old Silvertone or two.
  2. Christa42 replied to Pris's topic in Coldplay
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Watch a new interview with Chris on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/saturdaynightonline?src=hash">#saturdaynightonline</a> - <a href="http://t.co/zqYTc5mRWu">http://t.co/zqYTc5mRWu</a> A</p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/506501415746146304">September 1, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Interview: we spoke to Magic and True Love video director Jonas Åkerlund. Read pt 1 at <a href="http://t.co/0sFQtoqOdM">http://t.co/0sFQtoqOdM</a>. A <a href="http://t.co/8vXFhhVAAi">pic.twitter.com/8vXFhhVAAi</a></p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/506858116219404289">September 2, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>"I keep telling Chris that he’s a great actor." New interview with director Jonas Åkerlund about the Magic video <a href="http://t.co/0sFQtoqOdM">http://t.co/0sFQtoqOdM</a>. A</p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/507087930410930176">September 3, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Il y a deux ans, <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay">@coldplay</a> se produisait sur la scène du Stade ! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/stadedefrance?src=hash">#stadedefrance</a> <a href="http://t.co/2q1QRHA81G">pic.twitter.com/2q1QRHA81G</a></p>— Stade de France (@StadeFrance) <a href="https://twitter.com/StadeFrance/status/506715986759012352">September 2, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Great new video of Chris performing O from Ghost Stories for <a href="https://twitter.com/SIRIUSXM">@SiriusXM</a> - <a href="http://t.co/TXffsEWiJN">http://t.co/TXffsEWiJN</a> A</p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/507187202032676865">September 3, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>i'm loving the new imogen heap record 'sparks'. highly recommended. PH</p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/507189464725090304">September 3, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Top sellers in the Coldplay Store (<a href="http://t.co/MqiIQWQexf">http://t.co/MqiIQWQexf</a>) last month… A <a href="http://t.co/Gn1xKYoipE">pic.twitter.com/Gn1xKYoipE</a></p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/507248610594258944">September 3, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  3. Christa42 replied to Pris's topic in Coldplay
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Watch a new interview with Chris on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/saturdaynightonline?src=hash">#saturdaynightonline</a> - <a href="http://t.co/zqYTc5mRWu">http://t.co/zqYTc5mRWu</a> A</p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/506501415746146304">September 1, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Interview: we spoke to Magic and True Love video director Jonas Åkerlund. Read pt 1 at <a href="http://t.co/0sFQtoqOdM">http://t.co/0sFQtoqOdM</a>. A <a href="http://t.co/8vXFhhVAAi">pic.twitter.com/8vXFhhVAAi</a></p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/506858116219404289">September 2, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>"I keep telling Chris that he’s a great actor." New interview with director Jonas Åkerlund about the Magic video <a href="http://t.co/0sFQtoqOdM">http://t.co/0sFQtoqOdM</a>. A</p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/507087930410930176">September 3, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Il y a deux ans, <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay">@coldplay</a> se produisait sur la scène du Stade ! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/stadedefrance?src=hash">#stadedefrance</a> <a href="http://t.co/2q1QRHA81G">pic.twitter.com/2q1QRHA81G</a></p>— Stade de France (@StadeFrance) <a href="https://twitter.com/StadeFrance/status/506715986759012352">September 2, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Great new video of Chris performing O from Ghost Stories for <a href="https://twitter.com/SIRIUSXM">@SiriusXM</a> - <a href="http://t.co/TXffsEWiJN">http://t.co/TXffsEWiJN</a> A</p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/507187202032676865">September 3, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>i'm loving the new imogen heap record 'sparks'. highly recommended. PH</p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/507189464725090304">September 3, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Top sellers in the Coldplay Store (<a href="http://t.co/MqiIQWQexf">http://t.co/MqiIQWQexf</a>) last month… A <a href="http://t.co/Gn1xKYoipE">pic.twitter.com/Gn1xKYoipE</a></p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/507248610594258944">September 3, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  4. Spending a lovely Sunday morning listening to Coldplay Radio http://coldplay-radio.weebly.com/ "Blame it on a Rush of Blood to the Head"
  5. From the Chicago Tribune: http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/health/ct-met-northwestern-als-breakthrough-20110822-story.html [h=1]Cause of ALS is found, Northwestern team says[/h] <aside class="trb_embed " data-content-id="64144657" data-content-size="leadart" data-content-type="image" data-content-subtype="photo" data-role="socialshare_item imgsize_ratiosizecontainer " data-state=" "> <figure data-role="imgsize_item" class="trb_embed_imageContainer_figure"></figure> Dr. Teepu Siddique, a neurologist at Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine, is a member of the team that discovered a common possible cause for all forms of ALS. (Keri Wiginton/Chicago Tribune) </aside> By William Mullen, Tribune reporter Drug ResearchScientific ResearchMedical ResearchNorthwestern UniversityAlzheimer's Disease <time class="trb_article_dateline_time" datetime="2011-08-22T07:50:00CDT" data-datetime-timezone="CDT" data-datetime-month="August" data-datetime-monthshort="Aug." data-datetime-day="22" data-datetime-year="2011" data-datetime-weekday="Monday" data-datetime-weekdayshort="Mon." data-datetime-fullclock="7:50:00 AM" data-datetime-clock="7:50 AM" data-datetime-hour="7 AM" data-datetime-daydiff="-1104 days left"></time> Researchers at Northwestern University say they have discovered a common cause behind the mysterious and deadly affliction of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or Lou Gehrig's disease, that could open the door to an effective treatment. Dr. Teepu Siddique, a neuroscientist with Northwestern's Feinberg School of Medicine whose pioneering work on ALS over more than a quarter-century fueled the research team's work, said the key to the breakthrough is the discovery of an underlying disease process for all types of ALS. The discovery provides an opening to finding treatments for ALS and could also pay dividends by showing the way to treatments for other, more common neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's, dementia and Parkinson's, Siddique said. The Northwestern team identified the breakdown of cellular recycling systems in the neurons of the spinal cord and brain of ALS patients that results in the nervous system slowly losing its ability to carry brain signals to the body's muscular system. Without those signals, patients gradually are deprived of the ability to move, talk, swallow and breathe. <aside class="trb_panelmod_container" data-role="panelmod_container imgsize_ratiosizecontainer" data-load-type="noop" data-panelmod-type="relatedContent"> </aside> "This is the first time we could connect (ALS) to a clear-cut biomedical mechanism," Siddique said. "It has really made the direction we have to take very clear and sharp. We can now test for drugs that would regulate this protein pathway or optimize it, so it functions as it should in a normal state." The announcement of the breakthrough is in Monday's issue of the research journal Nature. The paper lists 23 contributing scientists, including the lead authors, Northwestern neurological researchers Han-Xiang Deng and Wenjie Chen, and Siddique as senior author. ALS afflicts about 30,000 Americans. With no known treatment for the paralysis, 50 percent of all ALS patients die within three years. <aside class="trb_panelmod_container" data-role="panelmod_container" data-panelmod-type="comments"> </aside> It is particularly tragic because it often strikes people who are very physically active. In 1941, New York Yankee baseball superstar Lou Gehrig died at 37 of the disease that now carries his name. Amelie Gubitz, a research program director at the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, said the Northwestern research is a big step forward in efforts worldwide to conquer ALS. "You need to understand at the cellular level what is going wrong," said Gubitz. "Then you can begin to design drugs. "ALS is a complicated problem, and Dr. Siddique's research adds a big piece to the puzzle that gives us important new insights." A variety of proteins perform different functions within cells, and Deng and Chen led research that discovered a key protein, ubiquilin2, in the ALS mystery. Ubiquilin2 in spinal and brain system cells is supposed to repair or dispose of other proteins as they become damaged. The researchers discovered a breakdown of this function in ALS patients. When Ubiquilin2 is unable to remove or repair damaged proteins, the damaged proteins begin to pile up in the cells, eventually blocking normal transmission of brain signals in the spinal cord and brain, leading to paralysis. There are three forms of ALS: "familial," which is hereditary and passed through genes; nonhereditary, which is called "sporadic"; and ALS that targets the brain, called "ALS/dementia." Siddique was part of a study that made a breakthrough in ALS in the early 1990s, discovering the "familial" gene that causes the disease within some families. That breakthrough came after he began an ongoing study 25 years ago of an East Coast family that has lost more than 20 members to ALS. Joanne Saltzman, a 72-year-old member of that family, recalled last week how she first learned of ALS when she was a small girl and her father, a naval veteran, was dying of the disease. Her grandfather died of it, too, as did four of her father's seven brothers. Subsequently, one of Saltzman's sisters and many of her cousins died from ALS. It killed her 51-year-old son last October, she said in a phone interview, and in February her 52-year-old niece died of it. "I am so excited by their new findings," Saltzman said of the Northwestern study. "Dr. Siddique has been studying our family for 25 years, and it is so encouraging for our remaining family." "I told Dr. Siddique's office, if I could cut off my arm and send it to them I would if it would help them in the research," she said. "I would do anything. It is so important to me to be able to find some kind of cure for this awful disease." [email protected]
  6. They just replied this to my question, no times though, very frustrating Weekend Throwdown Download the iheartradio app and chose any of the stations from our website'a list
  7. So here in the State's we have this great TV Station called Palladia which is dedicated to showing concerts, live performances, festivals and music shows (Jools Holland) 24/7 and it is pretty awesome. You will have to check your local cable company to see what channel they are on They showcase Coldplay all the time and I will try to keep this thread updated to let you know when Coldplay will be on like tonight at 9 PM EST time. They will be showing BBC Radio 1 Big Weekend 2014 <div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script> <div class="fb-post" data-href=" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href=" >Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/Palladia">Palladia</a>.</div></div> [h=4]About[/h] Imagine a music television experience so vivid you'd swear you were there. Welcome to Palladia Plot Outline Imagine a music television experience so vivid you'd swear you were there. Welcome to Palladia: The state-of-the-art, high definition channel that showcases the biggest LIVE concerts, performances, festivals, and more from today's BIGGEST artists. The channel's predominantly LIVE performances create a truly enhanced musical experience-the sense that you are there, and can touch and feel the music. Featuring stellar Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound and a high-grade picture, Palladia is your all-access pass to the hottest music programming ever seen-ever heard-on television. That means all genres-pop, rock, hip hop, country and more-in every way. We scour the globe for marquee festivals and concert performances by artists like Coldplay, Beyonce, The Rolling Stones, Linkin Park, Adele, Foo Fighters, Rush, Arcade Fire and more. We also feature history's most iconic music movies and the biggest music events from networks like MTV, VH1 and CMT. Palladia: The music starts here-the experience never stops. For more information on Palladia, visit www.palladia.tv or call your television service provider. Here is their FB page Link: https://www.facebook.com/Palladia/timeline
  8. So I copied and pasted this from The Weekend Throwdowns FB page, here is also the link. Let's see what they say https://www.facebook.com/weekendthrowdown [h=5]Weekend Throwdown shared a link.[/h]Yesterday This week's special guest is Chris Martin from Coldplay! Listen on... WERO Bob 93.3 and bob933.com - All The Hits, All The Time! Greenville, NC 10-2am ET KWCQ 107.3 The Beat Tri Cities, WA 7-11pm PT KJCK Power Hits 97.5 Manhattan, KS 6-10pm CT WIZM Z93 La Crosse, WI 8-Midnight CT ...and go to www.weekendthrowdown.com/v2 to catch up on all our latest news! The Weekend Throwdown with Jagger | The Sountrack To Your Weekend! http://www.weekendthrowdown.com http://www.weekendthrowdown.com/v2 LikeLike · · =92619837563&p[1]=10153133941397564&profile_id=92619837563&share_source_type=unknown&__av=799409909"]Share 2 people like this. Coldplace.eu - Największe polskie forum Coldplay when exactly? 8 hours ago · Like Weekend Throwdown Need to know What station would you be listening on? 5 hours ago · Like Christa Fogarty Egan which would be the best station for international listeners please?
  9. Also, Xylobands on FB posted this, If the vid does not come up Ill try to fix it later. Who knows what it means? Magic was playing in the background Xylobands 5 hours ago :)
  10. I don't expect it to be a GS tour but maybe it is future tour info
  11. Hmmmmmm, <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Check out <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChrisMartin?src=hash">#ChrisMartin</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay">@coldplay</a> with <a href="https://twitter.com/JaggerOnAir">@JaggerOnAir</a> on <a href="https://twitter.com/bob933">@bob933</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/PowerHits975">@PowerHits975</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Z93">@Z93</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Citrus953">@Citrus953</a>! Is there a tour coming soon for the guys?</p>— Weekend Throwdown (@WkndThrowdown) <a href="https://twitter.com/WkndThrowdown/statuses/505402760725286912">August 29, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  12. Christa42 replied to bear's topic in The Lounge
    Ok, I need to get on this Tumblr thing, can anyone give me a short tutorial? What is it's purpose? what can it do? How will it enrich my life? I have no time to ad yet one more Social network but I should educate myself
  13. FanFuckingTastic!
  14. oh lord hahaha Look how happy Jonny is! Chris is pensive, Will does not have the death stare, No, Chris has angst and Guy looks like he about to eat something
  15. It's streaming now if anyone wants to catch it <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Missed the <a href="https://twitter.com/MTV">@mtv</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NoCamerasAllowed?src=hash">#NoCamerasAllowed</a> premiere last night? Never fear! We're streaming the whole doc FO FREE here: <a href="http://t.co/xgvNYX7bkN">http://t.co/xgvNYX7bkN</a></p>— No Cameras Allowed (@nocamerasmtv) <a href="https://twitter.com/nocamerasmtv/statuses/505702827822694400">August 30, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  16. 29 August 2014 / submitted by Heather, United Kingdom Q. Hello wise Oracle! So there is this guy (please don't scoff). I was really really really close with this guy at some point. Everyday I would unwind by telling him my feelings and secrets and just everything. Mind you that I am a deeply unhappy person. This person abandoned me and stopped talking to me. I confronted him and asked why and he said he didn't know. Sometimes I feel like it was my fault because I was always talking about negative stuff instead of positive stuff. I've always been a serious person. I was in so much pain when he stopped talking to me. (EDITED) My heart aches everyday and I just don't know what to do. I want to move on but I can't. Please help. THE ORACLE REPLIES > Heather, the email address you gave me isn't working. Please send it again here, as I have written a very lengthy response that I'd like to email to you. 29 August 2014 / submitted by The Oracle, United Kingdom Q. WHO'D LIKE TO JOIN TEAM ORACLE? As you may know, we have a weekly feature, Team Oracle, whereby each Friday we open questions of a personal nature to all of you to answer too. Then, the following Friday, I post a selection of the best answers, alongside my own reply. This week I have chosen a question referring to the True Love video's postscript. ANYONE can join in so, if you'd like to, please email your response to the following question, in no more than 250 words, to [email protected] before midnight Thursday 4 September. Is anything possible? Tatiana, Indonesia. Look forward to reading your replies. The Oracle. THE ORACLE REPLIES > Please email your replies with TEAM ORACLE in the subject line to [email protected] Including your twitter address may result in a follow back. 29 August 2014 / submitted by Maria, Venezuela Q. TEAM ORACLE QUESTION #182 What would you do if someone cheated on you? On one hand I think it would be childish to take revenge, but on the other it would be impossible not to want to. Einstein said that the intelligent people are the ones who ignore, but how could you ignore that THE ORACLE REPLIES > This is an interesting question even if hypothetical to (hopefully) many. Revenge isn't an accepting or forgiving action. If you intend to stay with the person it's obviously not a good idea to plot or exact revenge. Once trust has been betrayed it's hard to get it back. That will take time and there are bound to be frustrations. I would struggle to give someone a second chance but if I did, three strikes and you're out for sure. Once I could maybe forgive but if with a serial cheater, I would respect myself more than they did by cutting loose. Personally - and I'm pretty sure this has happened to me, despite denials - I prefer to keep revenge fantasies in my head and that's probably the best place for them! It's like you say, it's justifiable to want to and yes, hard to ignore but that doesn't mean it's the best response. In fact, revenge isn't healthy. You may believe it's deserved and your right to or that it will make you feel better but is it really worth it? Yes, it will make you look childish and bitter. Surely it's better to look mature and resigned? There may be screaming, tears, questions and all manner of unpleasantries but all that's exhausting and can't be good for you internally. Obviously all that's easier said than done; adignified response is always best if at all possible. Hold your head high with decorum in the knowledge that you are the bigger person. In private you can fall apart for a while and by all means have those little daydreams about what you'd like to do. The best revenge is to move on and have a wonderful life. Who needs cheats and liars? Over to you. I personally think revenge is no good. Believe me, cheaters already suffer. They let down people who really care about them and don't consider that we love them. I don't know if you're talking about cheating in love or in friendship. I experienced the second one. An old friend had told our best friend that he was in love with her. I had no idea for over a year and he acted just fine with me. After I discovered that, I decided to let go the two of them. And it was the best decision really. A year later, he told me that he regrets everything he has done and that I'm the best friend he could ever have... Anyway, of course I couldn't forgive him but at least, I feel I dealt with it wisely and that a revenge would have made things worse. So, whether it's love or friendship, you just have to remember that you're awesome and he/she is not. And that's enough. One last thing, whenever I feel this rage inside me I would just listen to AROBTTH and it calms me down. Saad, Morocco. If someone cheated on me, I'd confront the person and ask to know why they did it. Yes, revenge will most likely be on my mind, but i do not believe that revenge is the best way to handle the situation. I say forget those who forget you. In the moment, your significant other failed to remember you. I would get rid of everything in my life that reminded me of them. Start fresh. I'd hang out with family and friends to help keep them off my mind. Don't let that person wiggle their way into your life, because if they cheated on you once, they'll do it again. Don't let someone negatively affect your life because of a mistake they made. You don't need anyone who doesn't need you. Erika. I believe that the best reaction to someone who has cheated is to move on (I think this term is more suitable than "ignore" - you just can't ignore situations like these). I believe that revenge is never the right answer, because, obviously, you would do as wrong as the other person - if your moral codes tell you that cheating is wrong, why would you do the same? Besides, revenge wouldn't take you anywhere: you'd be "even", for sure, but would it fix your heart? Would you be happy again? Absolutely not; in fact, that would only extend your grief. So, in my opinion, if the relationship can no longer be saved (which happens the most), all you can do is move on, and set yourself free from what is causing you pain. Not only you may teach a lesson to the cheater, but you will also learn from it, and apply that lesson on further relationships. Then, you may even forgive that person, depending, of course, on the circumstances, but that's up to you. Always follow your heart, no matter what. Good luck. Love, Ana. If you're in a relationship it should be based on trust. If someone cheats on you, well, you shouldn't just ignore it, because this solves nothing. Neither does revenge, even though you might want to take one. But think about it, it could cause more problems between you and your partner. I think the best solution is to talk to that person, because no revenge could do what words can. If it hurt you, say it, if you're mad, let them know. Don't let any of it be unspoken. Ask them to tell you the truth and discuss it together. You deserve to be respected and to be able to trust the person you're in a relationship with. Quince, Croatia. If someone cheated on me I wouldn't get revenge, it's unnecessary. karma will get them, they'll be with someone they really think they love and they'll be left broken-hearted when they find out they'd been cheated on. So why waste your time and possible embarrass yourself for just a little bit of revenge? Just try to forget and move on with your life and be happy once again, you'll find somebody else that you can be with forever and it will be worth not getting revenge. Treating people kindly and respectively is the way to live and if they don't follow that then that's their problem and they will pay soon enough. Jordan. I think when you loved and trust(ed) someone that cheated on you, you can't just ignore it. I do think you can learn from these colorful things that life throws at you. I can't decide on what you should do, but i do advice to not ignore it. Maybe listen, singalong, grunge or playback to music. Or talk about it with friends or family. I do think that could help. Greetings, Luc. I know that it's very difficult. I have been married for almost 15 years. 5 years ago my husband had cheated on me. He was extremely close to leaving me for another woman. We seemed to work though it but let me tell you. It's NOT easy. I never sought revenge, that wouldn't make anything better. Would only make it worse. I think it depends on how much you're willing to work on things to move past what had happened. I'm in a sticky situation myself. Wishing you the best of luck. xoxo Rosalie. Maybe, Einstein was right. why would waste your time to a person like that? I mean if I were you I'll just probably wish him the best and worst in the world! Well.. mostly worst because of what he did. But then, instead focus on yourself more. maybe treat yourself a reward to a salon because finally you two are no longer together and you are now free from stress! Or try focusing on brand new things like adventure or yoga or stuff that will make you feel good. But the most important thing is that your family and friends are there in your rough times, maybe this is the time that you need to hang with them more often. Remember there's so many fish in the sea. And maybe the person that cheats on you is not the person who is destined for you. But you know someday you will find a person who will love you more, more than you! You just have to believe in Magic. :) Hope this helps! Love lots, Shaine from Manila, Philippines. xxo Maria, I think the way people treat you badly says a lot about themselves and nothing about you !! You should not give back what you were given. Just smile and walk away. Sounds impossible, but please try. You will feel better. This may be the biggest pain you can give to those kind of people. Maren. I don't believe Einstein meant to ignore the emotion, but to look at it from another perspective. If you did truly bond with another human being who betrayed you, you are now forced to rethink your position in the relationship. Is it worth investing more time and effort? You must definitely look inward, and assess why this happened. If you believe it may have been your fault, an alternative response would have been to communicate honestly and openly with your partner. Giving someone their own bitter medicine is not a whole or healthy response. It doesn't serve the greater good, but just perpetuates the pain. For every unkindness we experience from someone else, you can be sure that the universe will correct it. "The universe lets no debt go unpaid." Therefore, concentrate on healing from this pain, and do your best not to put yourself in that type of a position again. Find where the source of the problem may lie, and turn up the volume so that you can hear or see it clearly. Then, sit with the pain till you resolve it, so that you never have to experience it again. When we identify our pain at the source, we become aware and conscious, and can then heal. You are meant to give love, be love and receive love. That is the true purpose of humankind's journey. And perhaps this was a lesson to store in your memory for your future relationships, and to be grateful when the next partner is loyal. Frances. You're angry, hurt and wanting to make the other person feel badly. Don't do it. Dig deep and believe it not, forgive them for their shortcomings and move on. It may take a while for you to heal and that's okay. The person who cheated on you and disrespected you? They're not worth the time in your thoughts or your energies. You're a better person and you deserve someone who will cherish you. Take the time, enjoy your life, and mend your broken heart. There's someone out there just waiting for you to walk into their lives. Be well. Best to you, Julie. You can't ignore when someone cheats on you. It's a disrespectful attitude from the person you are with and it hurts a LOT. But I don't think taking revenge would be a good thing for you to do. First of all, you should clarify the situation. Did your partner cheat only once or it was something common for them to do? Why did they do it: because you two were having trouble in your relationship and they made a stupid mistake, or because they wanted to have fun with someone else and didn't care about you at all? If it was the first case, maybe you two could work things out after a while (if both of you are willing to give the relationship a second chance and work hard to do that). But if it was the second case, don't waste your time and move on. When someone hurts you like that, wanting to take revenge is a completely natural reaction. But you would be doing something reprehensible too and would be wasting your time and mental energy on something that WON'T BRING YOU PEACE. Taking revenge will only expose you to situations that will hurt you more. The only thing you can do to feel better, if you decide to break up or already did, is giving yourself as much time as you need to heal (and your family and friends will support you along the way). Love from Argentina. Noelia. To quote Confucius "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves". Revenge is never the answer. I'm not saying you should ignore what happened but you definitely shouldn't lower yourself to the level of the person who cheated on you. Personally I'd have a good talk with this person and immediately end my relationship with him. I know its tough when someone cheats on you, but try to remember that this person isn't worth your time and affection if he finds it necessary to see someone else behind your back! Good luck. Amanda Thanks to all those who replied to this week's question. Remember, Team Oracle is open to anyone so if you fancy replying, click to read this week's, and send us your answer.
  17. Christa42 replied to Pris's topic in Coldplay
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Call it True Love… <a href="http://t.co/FvnCKKHQCz">http://t.co/FvnCKKHQCz</a> A <a href="http://t.co/co4DN8GHNT">http://t.co/co4DN8GHNT</a></p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/statuses/505395678248710145">August 29, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  18. Here, I found a greeting from Thalia hehe
  19. I was wondering the same thing, but damn I would so miss the angry, cursing, stomach churning and tantrum throwing relationship that I hold so dearly with Ticket Bastard :P
  20. http://www.businessinsider.com/concert-promoters-ticketing-startup-2014-8 From Business Insider A Concert Promoter Realized The Ticketing System Was Broken, So He Decided To Fix It Himself <!-- Byline --> Rebecca Borison <!-- buttons end here --> <!-- RRSSB TEST 3 end --> <!-- Perfect Market content ad--> <!-- END Perfect Market content ad--> CrowdSurge Matt Jones is the founder of CrowdSurge. When Matt Jones was a teenager, he used to host concerts all around the UK. He managed bands, had a record label, and started an online magazine.He was also putting on shows for not-yet-big celebrities like Adele, Mumford and Sons, and Ellie Goulding. But after realizing he was doing about 400 shows a year, Jones decided to pivot. As a concert promoter, he had witnessed the ins and outs of the business and came to understand that the system, in his opinion, was "broken." He decided he would be the one to change that. "As a promoter you lean on these third-party platforms to get you exposure and marketing, but there isn’t really anything there," Jones told Business Insider. "You don’t go to Ticketmaster and say, 'Oh what show should I go to tonight?' You’re pointed there. You were listening to it on Spotify, or you’re reading about it, or your friend told you about it, and then you go to a destination. "It just felt like that extra step wasn’t adding any value," he said. "Why can’t you just go to the source where it’s just like I want to go to a Coldplay show I’m going to go to coldplay.com." Getty Images / Larry Busacca And so in 2008, Jones created CrowdSurge, a company that lets artists take control of their tickets and sell directly to their fans on their site.The company is currently working with 300 artists, including big names like Arcade Fire, Paul McCartney, Lenny Kravitz, John Legend, and Macklemore. And they're selling tickets in 57 different countries. In 2013, CrowdSurge sold tickets for 5,218 different events. Six months into 2014, they had already sold tickets for 4,762 events. The company wouldn't share exact numbers, but they said they've sold millions of tickets. In addition to providing the behind-the-scenes technology for ticketing, CrowdSurge also helps artists come up with fun ways to engage their fans — like letting fans vote on where a band should perform and then routing the concert tour based on the results. But the most important thing CrowdSurge provides for artists is independence from third parties and the ability to control their relationship with fans. "When I was a concert promoter I used to go to every single show," Jones said. "I have a relationship with these artists. We’re the only company in the space that thinks of our client as the artist. Everyone else thinks it’s the building or promoter. But you don’t go to Madison Square Garden to go to Madison Square Garden, you go because Coldplay is playing." Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/concert-promoters-ticketing-startup-2014-8#ixzz3BnHIOK6T
  21. I had this made for the Hartford, 2009 show and then it was passed on around the US. It's actually been around the world. Noelia or Lore took it to Wembley where they had Coldplayers sign the back. It made it South America for a few shows. It now resides in Chile waiting for Coldplay to come back :) to be passed on for the next tour :)
  22. Blast from the Past, Happy Happy Birthday Phil :blush::blush:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.