✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Who

Jacob

They've just announced they'll be touring Quadropehnia in the U.S!! :D it's my favorite Who album so I'm psyched! They also seem to be doing something for the Olympics, (Roger used the word "recorded") which is very exciting. Tickets for the tour go on sale July 27 for anyone Who's interested. They'll also be showing a Quadrohenia documentary on July 24 in the U.S and August 1st in Canada.

Here's the link with the tour dates and there's also an in depth interview on their website.

http://thewho.com/story/tickets-on-sale-beginning-friday-july-20-general-public-on-sale-july-27/

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching the videos of this tours tributes to John and Keith and I do think it's great that the band are keeping their honour and carrying on the faith :heart:

Keith Moon was an animal, he was crazy and talented. John was so laid back and cool.

:heart:

There's a lot of talk on whether there is going to be a DVD release of any of the Quad shows or not. I hope they release a DVD, as I wasn't fortunate enough to see this tour.

Quadrophenia is one of my favourite albums too and they're not doing a Quad tour ever again :(.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to read that so badly! I've read excepts and it sounds very interesting but I still haven't gotten a copy.

Something interesting I heard recently was the Lifehouse radio play that Townshend did a while back. Very interesting concept for an unreleased rock opera that became Who's Next.

One Direction issue

With lots of 1D fans saying 'we made The Who famous', lots of WHO fans are now in uproar. I am one to be honest.

Wikipedia says that:

For much of their career they have been regarded as the third most important British rock act after the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.

so 1D fans didn't need to make them famous .

Pete and Roger however : *"Legendary rockers The Who have announced they have no plans to ask One Direction to withdraw their new track Best Song Ever after a digital mob of rabid teenage girls bombarded them with death threats."

They're okay with it, so us WHO fans will just have to deal with it.

* http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/16/one_direction_twitterstorm/

THE WHO TO RELEASE TOMMY SUPER DELUXE BOXSET AND DELUXE EDITION

August 28, 2013

THE WHO TO RELEASE TOMMY SUPER DELUXE BOXSET AND DELUXE EDITION

Read more at http://thewho.com/blog/story/5852/#RVcBZRxopl7chOjz.99

“TOMMY” BY THE WHO

SUPER DELUXE BOXSET and DELUXE EDITION

Remastered with 20 UNRELEASED DEMOS, A FULL UNRELEASED LIVE VERSION OF TOMMY and HI FIDELITY 5.1 MIX

Released November 11th 2013

August 28, 2013 – Tommy, The Who’s defining, breakthrough concept album – a full-blown rock opera about a deaf, dumb and blind boy that launched the band to international superstardom is to be released in Deluxe and Super Deluxe editions this Autumn.

Originally released in May 1969, The Who were at a career crossroads, known mainly as a singles band, but this project launched them as a serious ‘albums band’ and it has now sold over 20 million copies as well as regularly turning up in lists of the most influential albums of all time.

Coming after The Who Sell Out in 1967, it marked a complete change in style with Pete Townshend’s lengthy conceptual narrative bringing exciting new opportunities to rock music. Tommy was and remains to be an ambitious, complex and controversial work, which was initially banned by the BBC.

This new Deluxe and Super Deluxe version of the album comes with a wealth of previously unheard material in the form of 20 demos from Pete Townshend’s archive and also a full live performance of Tommy from 1969 taken from tapes that infamously Townshend asked the band’s sound engineer to burn!

18 of the previously unheard and thought to be long lost live tracks are taken from a live show at the Capital Theatre, Ottowa, Canada on October the 15th 1969. Three others, I’m Free, Tommy’s Holiday Camp and We’re Not Gonna Take It were lost due to tape reels being changed during the show so are taken from later shows of the same era

As discussed at length in Pete Townshend’s autobiography the tapes were all supposed to be destroyed but were kept by long time Who sound man Bob Pridden despite Pete’s instructions.

The Super Deluxe box also features a 5.1 mix featuring the complete album remixed in surround sound on new Hi Fidelity Pure Audio Blu-ray format

As well as the music the limited edition Super Deluxe boxset comes with a hardback 80-page full-colour book featuring rare period photos, memorabilia, a 20,000-word essay by legendary Who aficionado Richard Barnes and a rare facsimile Tommy poster housed in a hard-back deluxe slip-case.

http://www.thewho.com

TRACKLISTING AND FURTHER INFORMATION

Super-Deluxe Edition (UPC 006025 37473960)

Disc 1 – The original album (2013 re-master)

Digitally re-mastered in HD

Disc 2 – The demos and out-takes

Features 20 previously unreleased tracks from Pete Townshend’s demo archive.

Disc 3 – The 5.1 album mix – Hi Fidelity Pure Audio Blu-ray

The complete album remixed in surround sound on new Hi Fidelity Pure Audio Blu-ray format

Disc 4 – The live ‘bootleg’ album

Features 21 previously-unreleased tracks from various live shows from 1969

Hardback 80-page full-colour book featuring rare period photos and memorabilia

20,000-word essay by legendary Who aficionado Richard Barnes

Rare facsimile Tommy poster

Limited edition, housed in a hard-back deluxe slip-case

Tracklisting:

Disc 1 The original album (2013 re-master)

1. Overture 5.20

2. It’s A Boy 0.38

3. 1921 2.49

4. Amazing Journey 5.04

5. Sparks 2.05

6. The Hawker (Eyesight To The Blind) 2.13

7. Christmas 4.34

8. Cousin Kevin 4.05

9. The Acid Queen 3.34

10. Underture 10.01

11. Do You Think It’s Alright? 0.24

12. Fiddle About 1.29

13. Pinball Wizard 3.01

14. There’s A Doctor 0.23

15. Go To The Mirror! 3.47

16. Tommy Can You Hear Me? 1.35

17. Smash The Mirror 1.34

18. Sensation 2.25

19. Miracle Cure 0.12

20. Sally Simpson 4.10

21. I’m Free 2.39

22. Welcome 4.32

23. Tommy’s Holiday Camp 0.57

24. We’re Not Gonna Take It 7.06

Disc 2 Demos & extras

1. Overture 4:07

2. It’s A Boy 0:41

3. 1921 3:13

4. Amazing Journey 4:47

5. Dream One 3:09

6. Sparks 7:38

7. The Hawker 4:45

8. Christmas 4:42

9. Acid Queen 3:35

10. Underture (Dream Two) 1:47

11. Do You Think It’s Alright 0:26

12. Pinball Wizard 3:42

13. There’s A Doctor 0:24

14. Go To The Mirror! 4:32

15. Success 0:10

16. Tommy Can You Hear Me 1:15

17. Smash The Mirror 1:37

18. Sensation 2:47

19. Miracle Cure 0:11

20. Sally Simpson 4:50

21. I’m Free 2:27

22. Welcome 3:26

23. We’re Not Gonna Take It 5:02

24. Trying To Get Through 2:27

25. Young Man Blues 2:47

Tracks 1 – 23 - Pete Townshend – original demos.

All previously unreleased except 2, 11 and 12 – released in 2003

Track 24 – The Who – studio demo/out-take.

Track 25 – The Who – studio recording (NOTE: This version was previously only available on ‘The House That Track Built’ vinyl sampler).

Disc 3 Hi Fidelity Pure Audio -Blu-ray disc (5.1 mixes)

Overture 5.20

It’s a boy 0.37

1921 2.49

Amazing journey 5.05

Sparks 2.05

The Hawker 2.14

Christmas 4.34

Cousin Kevin 4.07

The acid queen 3.34

Underture 10.05

Do you think it’s alright? 0.25

Fiddle about 1.31

Pinball wizard 3.01

There’s a doctor 0.24

Go to the mirror! 3.48

Tommy can you hear me? 1.35

Smash the mirror 1.33

Sensation 2.27

Miracle cure 0.12

Sally Simpson 4.11

I’m Free 2.39

Welcome 4.32

Tommy’s holiday camp 0.57

We’re not gonna take it 7.06

Disc 4 Live Bootleg

1. Overture (including Introduction) 7.00

2. It’s A Boy 0.39

3. 1921 2.28

4. Amazing Journey 5.07

5. Sparks 2.49

6. The Hawker (Eyesight To The Blind)1.54

7. Christmas 3.11

8. The Acid Queen 3.30

9. Pinball Wizard 2.47

10. Do You Think It’s Alright? 0.21

11. Fiddle About 1.12

12. Tommy Can You Hear Me? 0.55

13. There’s A Doctor 0.24

14. Go To The Mirror! 3.22

15. Smash The Mirror 1.10

16. Miracle Cure 0.12

17. Sally Simpson 4.01

18. I’m Free 2.12

19. Tommy’s Holiday Camp 0.48

20. We’re Not Gonna Take It 3.28

21. See Me, Feel Me / Listening To You 7.51

http://thewho.com/blog/story/5852/

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: September 18, 2013 WILKO JOHNSON RECORDING FAREWELL ALBUM WITH ROGER DALTREY

September 18, 2013

WILKO JOHNSON RECORDING FAREWELL ALBUM WITH ROGER DALTREY

Read more at http://thewho.com/blog/story/wilko-johnson-recording-farewell-album-with-roger-daltrey/#cj6eiL1xZe4kMoJI.99

TERMINALLY ILL WILKO JOHNSON IS RECORDING A FAREWELL ALBUM WITH ROGER DALTREY.

The former Dr Feelgood guitarist decided to team up with The Who’s Daltrey after the pair met at an awards ­ceremony this month.

“They did tell me in January I’d be dead in October,” says Wilko, “but I may last into next year. I hope we’ll have something done before I go.”

To read the full story about this by Richard Smith in today’s Daily Mirror, click HERE.

Read more at http://thewho.com/blog/story/wilko-johnson-recording-farewell-album-with-roger-daltrey/#cj6eiL1xZe4kMoJI.99

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SENSATION – THE STORY OF TOMMY + LAUNCH OF TOMMY SUPERDELUXE EDITION

Want to win a pair of tickets and Pete and Roger for the launch of ‘Tommy – The Super Deluxe Edition’ at a secret London venue on Tuesday, 22nd October? It will feature the premiere of the new documentary ‘Sensation – The Story of The Who’s Tommy’, which will be broadcast in the UK on BBC4 on Friday, October 25 at 9pm and Saturday 26 at 2.55am. It’s going to be a great night.

Click here to be entered into the draw

In this revealing new full-length documentary, Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend and their inner circle talk about the making of Tommy and of how it changed the lives and fortune of The Who.

October 17, 2013

http://thewho.com/blog/story/senasation-the-story-of-tommy/

• 2 weeks later...

Roger Daltrey performs at U.S. Capitol ceremony

Roger Daltrey performed on Wednesday at a U.S. Capitol ceremony honoring former British prime minister Winston Churchill.

Watch the live stream here: http://www.speaker.gov/live

NB This is the full ceremony at the Capitol. If you’re not inclined to watch the whole thing, Roger, accompanied by Loren Gold (keyboards), Frank Simes (guitar) and gospel singers, is on at 39:09 and 54:12, performing ‘Stand By Me’ and ‘Won’t Get Fooled Again’.

Oct 31, 2013

http://thewho.com/blog/story/roger-daltrey-performs-at-u-s-capitol-ceremony/