• Replies 84.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crests

• TraceOddity

• Matter-Eater Lad

• ivet

I'd been looking forward to Noel's Isle Of Wight set after an England win. Now it's just making me sad. :(

Don't let it (England's exit) break your heart. England lost to a team that played better tonight.

Who will you be rooting for now? I will be rooting for Germany.

And congratulations - I remember reading something about you having had applause for one of your songs.

Don't let it (England's exit) break your heart. England lost to a team that played better tonight.

Who will you be rooting for now? I will be rooting for Germany.

And congratulations - I remember reading something about you having had applause for one of your songs.

I got 150 people singing along with one of my songs yesterday. It felt great!:D

I'm always a little sad after a loss, but it passes quickly.:)

I'm cheering for Germany and Portugal at the moment. Not sure who in the final, but probably Germany. It's VERY unlikely they'll be knocked out.

I'm cheering for Germany and Portugal at the moment. Not sure who in the final, but probably Germany. It's VERY unlikely they'll be knocked out.

Oh thanks a lot for supporting Portugal Tracie :) you might be the only one in this board,except the portuguese ones lol :P

I'm glad for you too :)) hope someday i can go canada and ill ask my aunt to take me where you sing :P would benice, dont you think? Just hope there's a donut for me :D!!!

That must have been a wonderful experience. Congratulations.

As to Italy: I have bad experience with Italian teams - when you think that their exit is imminent, then often Italy scores / makes a goal and wins. So I would have felt more comfortable with Germany meeting England than Italy in the semi-finals.

I see similarities between the current situation for Italy and the situation in 1982.

Also back then, members of Italy's team (some players) were suspected of MATCH-FIXING. Italy was not expected to make it far.

Back in 1982, Brazil played Italy. Brazil won its group with maximum points - Italy had problems (Rossi didn't play well in the first 3 matches after having been released from prison due to MATCH-FIXING), but of course just made it - advanced due to better goal difference than Cameroun. And Italy beat Brazil 3:2. Suddenly Paolo Rossi could make goals on that "black Monday" for the football game as I call it. And a Brazil player got Italy started. It was so sad - one of the best Brazilian teams (captain Socrates and Zico) beaten by an Italian team that could suddenly make goals. Brazil's trainer Santana including his family received threats. Italy went on to win the tournament. I rooted for Italy after the match against Brazil in the hope that losing to the later champions would make the criticism of/threats against Brazil's trainer Santana stop.

I have a bad feeling that Italy will end up in the final and win this tournament - I would rather see one of the 3 other teams as champions.

So I fear that Germany - having won the 3 first matches and also the quarter final - might face a defeat like Brazil did in 1982.

Oh thanks a lot for supporting Portugal Tracie :) you might be the only one in this board,except the portuguese ones lol :P

I'm glad for you too :)) hope someday i can go canada and ill ask my aunt to take me where you sing :P would benice, dont you think? Just hope there's a donut for me :D!!!

I have a love/hate thing for Ronoldo. He's a great player but I've never quite forgiven him for a dive he took against England in the 06 World Cup,lol. But they play entertaining football, and I like the underdog.

Then again, the Spanish team plays in a unique way that might, and probably will be, hard to contend... their formation might have to be tweaked a bit, but they'll pull together quickly... so far they have a grip on their game imo

I hate it when my friends get extremely wasted and tell the whole world about it on Twitter. :annoyed:

on top of that, getting stoned, getting "some", at a banger, etc.... egomaniacs these "friends" are...