✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris on Oprah?

gvargas

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DavidG

:lol: being babysat by 8 gorgeous blonde female swedish models maybe... :lol: but otherwise...hmm not sure :lol:

Guest DavidG

:P :lol:

They never split! NEVER!

you saying that has doomed them forever.

:P

sorry, im still thinking of the 8 swedish models babysitting :lol:

i dont think they'll split :P

btw... it was so brilliant last night, my brother came running into my room shouting: "turn on the telly! turn on the telly!!!"

But I couldn´t ... as I was sleeping... :dozey: but anyway... what had happened was that there was an interview with Gwinny and they showed pictured of Chris with the baby, and my bro was defo melting at how sweet it was and I defo had to see it! But unfortunately by teh time I turned on my telly... it was over...

But that's okay, I know how sweet Chris and Apple look!!! :blush: :blush: :blush: :heart:

:angry: .......Tanith!....OMG....you didn´t see the pic!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!.... :angry:

:dozey:

the new movie is a weird one...because of the effects...they have to do that fake performance...I mean alone and pretending there was objects....like an airplane and stuff like that!....Jude Law is in there!....and Gwyneth accepted being in that movie without reading the script!.... :D ...she liked the "photography & effects" of the movie... :) ...PS...I was j.k. about the angry part ^!... :P

here is a bit from the interview with Oprah:

slide_20040826_01_350.jpg

Here is some of the transcript of the interview:

Oscar®-winning actress Gwyneth Paltrow visited Oprah for her first TV interview since her ultra-private wedding to [Coldplay's] Chris Martin and the birth of their baby girl, Apple!

Oprah: You're a mommy now! The hardest job on earth! What has surprised you the most about it?

Gwyneth: I think what surprised me the most about it, as sentimental as it sounds, is how much I love her. I mean, I just can't believe it. It's like a whole new dimension in emotion that I've never experienced. It's crazy.

Oprah: That first stare, when you woke up and she's looking at you—what were you thinking?

Gwyneth: I was just sobbing. It's just incredible…you have a baby and it just changes everything. In one minute you just are completely redefined. I swear, that well of emotion, it's just inexplicable. I just felt like my life is forever changed.

Normally a macrobiotic with a strict, healthy diet, Gwyneth says she succumbed to her cravings of grilled cheese, French fries and chocolate chip cookies during her pregnancy! "I couldn't eat anything else!" says Gwyneth, who gained about 35 lbs. during her pregnancy. "Brown rice, which had been my staple, just looked like, 'Ugh!' I just couldn't go there."Gwyneth was in labor for nearly three days—sans epidural until the last eight hours of delivery! She had hoped to breathe her way through the delivery, but doctors advised her to get an epidural as time progressed. "I'm like the nerd, yoga, hippie person,…but after about 62 hours or something like that, the doctors were like, 'This is getting serious,'" Gwyneth says.

It's the question that everyone wants the answer to! Why did Gwyneth name her baby Apple?"Basically, it was because when we were first pregnant, her daddy…said if it's a girl, I think her name should be Apple," Gwyneth says. "It sounded so sweet and it conjured such a lovely picture for me—you know, apples are so sweet and they're wholesome and it's biblical—and I just thought it sounded so lovely and…clean! And I just thought, 'Perfect!'"And then she was born, and it became an international outrage," Gwyneth laughs. "Which I found surprising because there are people named Rose or Lily or Ivy or June…or lots of pretty nouns!"

Oprah: What's it like when you see Apple with her daddy?Gwyneth: Oh, man. I just die. They are so in love with each other. And now she's three months so she's really come into herself…She's very tranquil, she's very placid and very aware…She's very curious. When her daddy walks in the room…he'll say, "Hello girls!" and her little head's…trying to find his voice. It's pretty sweet.

To congratulate the new mommy, Oprah surprised Gwyneth with a very special gift. "I've only given it to a couple of people who are very special, and I think you're special," Oprah tells Gwyneth. It's Apple's very own book club—a collection of 100 of Oprah's favorite children's books! Each book was stamped with an "Apple's Book Club" sticker."Many, many, many wonderful days and nights of reading to her," Oprah says.slide_20040826_05_350.jpg

The past two years have been full of great joy, but also extraordinary pain for Gwyneth, who lost her beloved father, producer and director Bruce Paltrow, while they were traveling together in Italy for her 30th birthday. His death came as a complete surprise."My father was the one person in my life who was the center," Gwyneth says. "He was always the person you would call for advice, for help, for a salad dressing recipe, for a laugh or whatever—he was everything.""There were a few mornings where I really thought I was going to die from the grief…I thought I wasn't going to get through it," says Gwyneth, who talked to therapists and went through grief counseling after his death. "You do what you can; nothing really helps."

Gwyneth's mother is the talented actress Blythe Danner—now a gushing new grandma! She sent a special message:"When I first saw Gwyneth with the baby, my firstborn holding her firstborn, there was an overwhelming feeling of joy—deep, deep, deep joy—because it happened not long after Bruce died and we were all still reeling from that. I think the first thing I thought was, "There is a reason to live—I have a grandchild." And I think that put it all in perspective and it was very good for all of us after the initial shock of Bruce not being there. One sees the future in one's grandchild..."Sweetheart, your incredible sense of wisdom and fun and being in the present moment… has already made you an extraordinary mother. I'm so terribly proud of that, and of you. Not only are you a great actress, but you're a phenomenal person and mother. I love you deeply."