✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Whats that thing Jonny Buckland is using.....

facelesslegend

I dont know how may of you have seen coldplay live or have seen their live DVD but i wonder if any of you knew what Jonny is holding over the pickup of his guitars when he is using slides to do those echo like ambient noises like before rush of blood to the head, see you soon etc. its only when he uses the slides and it almost looks like it could be hair clippers? lol im not sure but im assuming its causing vibrations through the pickup to achieve those sounds, anyone have any thoughts? thanks guys!

ohhhhh so thats what those are, ive heard of them but never have i played with people that have used them, thats very interesting, maybe ill give them a try one of these days, gettin kinda board with the same guitar routines...and jonny sure makes cool sounds with it so im def. inspired to give it a whirl or at least reccomend it to my lead guitarist to mess with over the other stuff =) thanks for the answer, i was thinkin it would be one of those things no one would have the answer to but ya saved me haha thanks

i checked one out they sound pretty cool, kinda pricey but thats exactly why i was interested in them because ive been wanting something non studio to get more aptomasphere. well i suppose loop stations can be used like that too, doesnt jonny have an old loop delay mount?

i bought one for £50, which is pretty cheap really...they're usually around £85 - £100 from what i've seen. I Bought mine when i saw Gaz from Supergrass use one quite a few years ago...and i thought they were a good way of making good music, and i think i was right ;)