✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you reading right now?

I've read half of The Picture of Dorian Gray but had to put it down because it requires too much concentration to be reading it on the bus with all the screaming chavs. The Importance of Being Earnest was the first play I saw at the Royal Exchange Theatre in Manchester and it was fabulous.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tales of mystery and imagination by edgar allan poe (in english).

It's full of new vocabulary to me. so that's why i'm reading it, to learn more. :cool:

But this men (Jupiter) from the first chapter (The Gold Bug) is so difficult to understand.

"de bug- i'm berry sertain dat Massa Will bin bit somewhere bout de head by dat goole-bug"<- lines like this. what kind of english is this?

My english teacher told us that there's a kind of english called pidgin english, is this? :thinking:

Just finished "The World is not Enough" by a french author I can't remember the name of!! Really good historical fiction about the Crusades, and was interesting reading about medieval life from a french point of view instead of an english one.

To contrast completely, I've just started "Garden of BEasts" by Jeffery Deaver

hmm, my textbook for my field school i'm about to go on- classical archaeology in the field: approaches. gotta learn me some archaeology for my excavation in greece in a couple weeks. then on the side of that readin madame bovary which so far when i've gotten a chance to read it it's been quite good.