✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you reading right now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm good clue there Jen.. thanks!! I am only on chapter 2!! :embarrased: I was going to go to the gym after work.. but my book is calling my name!!!! I need to go read and the book is way too bulky to bring with me on bicycle :lol: But good to know..... ;)

hmmm good clue there Jen.. thanks!! I am only on chapter 2!! :embarrased: I was going to go to the gym after work.. but my book is calling my name!!!! I need to go read and the book is way too bulky to bring with me on bicycle :lol: But good to know..... ;)

its definitely worth reading. you won't have a clue what's going on in the next one if you don't. and you have to hurry up and read it so I can talk to you about it.

I bought 'Hey Nostradamus!' by Douglas Coupland this afternoon, and started reading it whilst waiting for my mate to meet me. Its bloody brilliant. Its one of those novels which has a really sad and kind of distressing subject matter but deals with it in a very different, and yet very sensitive way. And I've only read the first 40 pages so far.

Isn't that like listening to the first two tracks of an album and announcing it the best record of the year?

nope, you can tell in the first 40 pages if a book is going to be good or not.

and nobody cares about any albums I listen to so its not really an issue :P

anything by Daphine DuMaurier... She wrote the books that brought about fantastic movies from Hitchcock like The Birds and Rebecca...

That's what got me on her books.. and she's a fantastic writer!

Have you read 'Frenchman's Creek' yet? I really enjoyed that, although I'm cross she went for the realistic ending rather than the ending I would hvae liked.

anything by Daphine DuMaurier... She wrote the books that brought about fantastic movies from Hitchcock like The Birds and Rebecca...

That's what got me on her books.. and she's a fantastic writer!

Have you read 'Frenchman's Creek' yet? I really enjoyed that, although I'm cross she went for the realistic ending rather than the ending I would hvae liked.

Yea, I saw the movie... and I can't remember how it ended :rolleyes:

But, I own the book... so I might take that up next :)