✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you reading right now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Shadow of the wind" is much better 'cause the characters and all the places were all the facts happen are well-described (but not in a boring way) and the story is very deep, emotive, humane... It's a complex book, with a lot of characters and a secret interesting and credible story which is revealed little by little, (thing that increased my interest for it). Moreover, I got affection to Dani (the main character) immediately and I understood his feelings as well... this didn't happen to me with Robert Langdon. Futhermore, the action in the TSOFW book lasts almost 11years (so you can see the discovers that Dani does, how his life progress and all the new persons that he meets as time goes by) and TDVC lasts only a few days, so everything happens too fast.

I've started this and am really enjoying it. I put it down for a while as I was struggling to read it whilst tired and working odd shifts. Its definitely not a book for continually picking up and putting down every few pages. I'm going to take it with me today, as I'm going to be on the train for 3 hours.

Dan Brown - Deception Point

Well.. actually I just finished it.. but I'd recommend it to everyone!

I read the other books as well (Angels&Demons-Da Vinci Code- Digital Fortress) and it has a very different story. But it's just as great... I finished it in two days (I had to work... otherwise it would've been 1 day :p)

I've started this and am really enjoying it. I put it down for a while as I was struggling to read it whilst tired and working odd shifts. Its definitely not a book for continually picking up and putting down every few pages. I'm going to take it with me today' date=' as I'm going to be on the train for 3 hours.[/quote']

ohh, is a GREAT book!!! :) As you said, you can't put it down 'cause then, when you wanna pick it up again you're lost 'cause it has tons of characters!!!! hey, tell me, what chapter are you reading at the moment? Who do you think it's Lain Coubert??? :P

Dan Brown - The DaVinci-Code

Very interesting book, typical Brown style. I really like it, I can't get off it :)

But Deception Point was a better book in my opinion 'cause it was way more surprising than what I've read in DaVinci-Code for now...

(by the way thanks to Iris for the recommendation :-))

I'm reading "The Mists of Avalon". It's one of the greatest books that I have ever read. The writing in it and the way that the author develops the story and the characters is... amazing, really.

I highly recommend it! :)

I've been reading "The Da Vinci Code" and "The shadow of the wind" these last weeks!!!! Both books are great, although to be honest I prefer the second... The DaVinci Code is like an Indiana Jones adventure, very interesting, amusing and easy for reading and I must confess I was hooked on it... but it isn't a "deep" book (for me).

"The Shadow of the wind" is much better 'cause the characters and all the places were all the facts happen are well-described (but not in a boring way) and the story is very deep, emotive, humane... It's a complex book, with a lot of characters and a secret interesting and credible story which is revealed little by little, (thing that increased my interest for it). Moreover, I got affection to Dani (the main character) immediately and I understood his feelings as well... this didn't happen to me with Robert Langdon. Futhermore, the action in the TSOFW book lasts almost 11years (so you can see the discovers that Dani does, how his life progress and all the new persons that he meets as time goes by) and TDVC lasts only a few days, so everything happens too fast.

I read it a year ago and it's one of the best books i have ever read. it's AWESOME!I recomend it...

now i'm reading Harry Potter VI in Spanish (i've already read it in English)

Dictionary of Word Origins - very interesting actually!

Music comes from - The 'muses', Greek goddesses who inspired poets and painters and via Old French 'musique' and Latin 'musica' to greek 'mousike' a noun of 'mousikos'.

Yeh, I know I'm boring you ;)

I've started this and am really enjoying it. I put it down for a while as I was struggling to read it whilst tired and working odd shifts. Its definitely not a book for continually picking up and putting down every few pages. I'm going to take it with me today' date=' as I'm going to be on the train for 3 hours.[/quote']

Its fantastic. Got so much read in the peace and quiet of the train. only about a hundred pages to go til I've finished it. its got more twists and turns than a rollercoaster!!