✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Your FIRST COLDPLAY moment...ever!!!!

dorkbel_88

i was watching HBO and i heard "god put a smile on your face" on a comercial and i loved it i knew it was in a different tuning because i had never really heard a guitar in that tuning (the acoustic) and i spent all night looking for that song on the internet and i found it and uh well now their my biggets musical influence. special thanks to danton supple.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well I first heard clocks on the radio, but this one group of girls I was hanging out with was really into coldplay, so me being the nerdy loser I am, went out and got AROBTTH, thinking they may like me better, and then push comes to shove and now here I am and I can't get enough coldplay into my system in the 24 hours we call a day. And of the girls? they're history.

I was in my brothers car I was about 9 years old then he but it on I love it. But that wasn't when I became a fan then I was about 11 years old and I liked clocks when I hearc it when I went to go see Wrestling I don't know if you guys watch it but it was when Kurt angel got hurt Yeah. Well finally when I was 12 years old my brother wanted to buy the live 2003 CD/DVD but he was so I went ahead and but it on the cart so I started to hear it more and more then I was liking it. Every moment that I hear it I feel in Love with it and it been 3years that Im been a coldplay fan!!!!!!!!! :)

watching a video of some nerd walking along a beach' date=' waiting for something to happen.[/quote']

same for me

Yada.

But if I could choose, I wouldn't have that as my first Coldplay moment.

The one that really got me was Trouble on MTV... There he was, this skinny fella tied to a chair, singing his heart out "Oh no, I seeee...", voice broken, getting the shit completely beaten out of him :D

Now that's classic Coldplay

that was a funny shit post gentle

Hearing Yellow on the radio. I initally thought the song was horrible, and the clip worse. But because it was so overplayed, it grew on me. I kinda forgot about it over time, never bought parachutes.

Then I heard Clocks when AROBTTH came along. So one day, I bought the album, and was hooked. It was then (about 2 1/2 years ago now) that I got into drumming because of Will's work on AROBTTH and Parachutes, which I had by then given way more listeneing time. Now I play along to Parachutes and AROBTTH every arvo (takes about 3 hours) with Mr. iPod in my ears.

Best three albums ever, followed closly by the three Muse studio albums, Showbiz, Origin Of Symettry and Absolution.

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

mm, watching to a video that i hated for some time (i started to like coldplay 2 years ago, more or less..), where a blond boy (dunno who :D :D ) was walking backwards... all i could think at that moment was 'what a boring video, it's so stupid!! and the song too...', then, i started to like it, listening to my brother's cds of chris and company... :P :P

• 2 weeks later...

ma bf put the cd parachutes on an intimate night----he thought it would be romantic and all cause coldplay's songs are soft and romantic

i thought so too--but---sadly--couldnt concentrate in the intimacy cause all i could do was listen and try to sing along to these amazing songs---- :smug:

Was in Brisbane many years back (2000, I think), and myself and a few mates were out at a 'now defunct' club called Popscene. During the night, some lady came'round giving out free CD's, and it turned out to be Blue Room e.p, preceeded by Parachutes, which they eventually ran out of pretty quick as everyone wanted a free album. Next day, I woke-up, to be greeted by a little digi-pack friend, and threw it into the CD player. As soon as I heard High Speed, I was hooked ! Then came Don't Panic, and the wrest of the e.p just kind of glided into my ears, and my heart from that day on. Ironic thing is, I actually kind of forgot about them untill about three years ago, when I was roaming through the web, and found an MP3 of AROBTTH. That record has now become a part of my life, and I've even found the wonder that is Parachutes too, albeit a little later than normal, as I just got my hands on a copy of it a couple of weeks ago. Went to see them in Glasgow a couple of weeks back after Live8, and they're now just one of my favorite things about life. Thanks guys, we made it - eventually :) P.S. X&Y is incredible !

the first time i listened to coldplay.....hm.... i remember!! haha :P i was sick so i staid home..i was in bed....i was watching tv and i didn´t like anything so i decided to watch the concert of the month (direcTV) and it was coldplay...so ....i watched it like 3 days! hahaha i loved it right away!

• 2 weeks later...

I liked Coldplay from fairly early on but never bought anything of theirs or took much notice of them. However a few years ago the BBC were doing a trailer for freeview and "Clocks" was in the background and I thought my god that is the most beauftiful thing I have heard! I couldnt find the song and gave up. Then when AROBTTH came out there was an HMV ad on the telly for it and it had the lads doing "Clocks" at the Brit awards and I then realised it was Coldplay that was on that BBC trailer! I downloaded it and that was the first Coldplay track I ever downloaded / bought / owned and I will always have a special bond with that song! Then I bought AROBTTH in Spain of all places and just listened to it over and over and over and realised that this was damn good stuff! Then when I came back from Spain I bought Parachutes and not long afterwards Live 2003 DVD. Of course by then I was and still am a massive Coldplay fan who thinks their music is the most beautiful, profound and utterly brilliant stuff out there. Then I bought X&Y on the day of release and had a countdown on my calendar...hehe. By the way...off topic slightly does anyone know the guys middle names and which (if any) football teams they support???

Like 2 years ago..maybe 2 1/2...I remember when my mom got Parachutes from the library and wanted me to burn it for her, so I put it on my computer and recognized Yellow, and Trouble from MTV and stuff, and I remember looking through the booklet thinking how weird Chris's hair looked,lol. Then I remember hearing Clocks alot on the top 40 station, and in March 2003 I saw the video when I was getting ready for school one morning, and wrote down Coldplay Clocks (I was still confused as to what was the title and what was the band name). Then I told my mom about how I liked that song and she got me the cd for easter and I was pissed cuz I only liked one song on it and wanted another cd. But I opened it anyways, recognized In My Place and GPASUYF, and like everyone else says, the rest is history. Then I spent my spring break with Clocks on repeat and taught it to myself, (now you can see where it is on the back of my cd). I swear though, Coldplay kept me alive, helped me through some tough times. I'm gonna see them 9-28..cannot wait!! YAY!

I don't remember the really first time I heard a Cp song, but well the second ;) I was in my car....it was rainig outside...the radio was on ..."This is a new song from a band called coldplay"....it was clocks :shy:

I was actually in a movie theatre and saw the previews for Peter Pan. They played Clocks in the trailer, and when I went to find the song, I only knew the melody w/out the singing. When I heard the entire song w/ the words, my first thought was, "the singer doesn't ruin the beautiful melody". From then on, I was hooked.

The first time i ever heard a coldplay song.. Is when i saw the video on some Mtv type channel (shiver...way back when lol(the bestest of alll muahah :sneaky: ) and then i heard yellow and that was it for me... been a coldplay fan ever since. :)