✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Your FIRST COLDPLAY moment...ever!!!!

dorkbel_88

At first I just saw the video for yellow, which I quickly shunned, I didn't care much for it, and I didn't even remember the name of the song or the bands name. Then, I heard Speed of Sound on the radio, and fell in love with it. I learned that it was Coldplay, I searched some of their songs, and the rest is history :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watching a video of some nerd walking along a beach' date=' waiting for something to happen.[/quote']

:lol: that's hilarious...

My first time was listening to Yellow...in my room, it was on the radio, and at first I thought "hmm...this is a cool song..."

Then, I started to hear it more often after that

I think awhile later...and for some odd reason I just remember me lying on my bed listening to the radio and the song Moses came on. I turned it up and just lay there listening to it.

I only really got 'into' Coldplay when they came out with In my Place and Clocks....so I went out and bought ARoBttH.

And then I became more and more interested in Coldplay...etc etc...

:D

I almost feel as if it were fate that I decided to listen to Yahoo Launch one day. Coldplay- The Scientist came on. Every note on that song touched my soul that no other song has since. I went out and bought AROBTTH the next day. The rest is history. B.C. means "Before Coldplay" for me. I finally get to see them on the 21st.

In 2003, I heard Clocks on a radio station I started listening to. I thought, "Is that a piano? ('cause I love the instrument, heh)" I liked Chris' voice, too. Then I might have heard The Scientist, and the band name. I told myself to keep it in mind. I had no idea that they were, like, huge. I heard stuff about "Coldplay frontman Chis Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow..." on the TV Guide channel, which reminded me to look up some more songs.

I wanted to download Clocks, but I didn't know what it was called! I went and looked up the lyrics to see if I could match them, and I eventually got it. I couldn't find Clocks to download, so I settled for some song called Yellow. Then I got both Clocks and The Scientist, which led me to buy Rush of Blood, which led me to buy Parachutes... Coldplay Live 2003... and X&Y.

Ahhh.

yeah, i first saw coldplays yellow video and I heard it was like the cheapest video ever made. Then i thought, man , these guys a cool! making a video of some dude on a beach. Then i just fell in love with Chris martin on the piano.

I really liked the movie Garden State, and wen the movie finished i ran to my computer and randomly downloaded a few songs. As fate would have it I downloaded "Don't Panic" and i loved the song. I found out it was coldplay, and I went back on the computer and downloaded a bunch of songs. Then I went and bought X&Y a few months later. Things just went on from there... :lol:

i can't remember anymore, but i think my friend (who has introduced me to real music and i'll be forever thankful, not just for coldplay) gave me parachutes and i just started to listen them and got hooked totally. nice. i think it's lasting for more than 3-4 years now. and i'm so proud i'd started with parachutes, from the start. don't panic was (and still is) my first love, than came trouble...and the rest is history

• 2 weeks later...

Saw The Scvientist video, thought it was a bit of a boring song. Saw the In My Place and Clocks vids, thought IMP was a bit boring, but Clocks was amazing. Then saw the GPASUYF video, loved that.

Lost interest for the next 2 years, then heard Speed of Sound and liked it. Took the plunge, bought X & Y, and all the rest is just recent history..

i heard 'shiver' being played on the Jo Whiley Show on Radio 1 in early 2000. she was building it up before she played it saying how great the band was. i thought was good too. bought the yellow single and parachutes album the first day they were released. briliant stuff, been a fan ever since