✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Your FIRST COLDPLAY moment...ever!!!!

dorkbel_88

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw in my place on tv, i liked it, found out they were called coldplay, downloaded some songs by them, got hooked, bought the albums and boom. here i am more than 2 years later and i still love them. not as much, like i used to listen to them everyday.

but they were my favourite band for more then 1 1/2 years...the second longest to that was 4 months, so i'd say i love them pretty damn much!

• 1 month later...

geez must have been the summer of 2000? dunno but the beginning of the summer before i started 10th grade and they just had started playing yellow on the radio here in the states and the first time i heard it i was like who is that? and the rest is well history......

I remmeber watching some of the "greatest" shows on VH1, and they had a bit of "in my place" on..

i had heard of the band before, so i downloded some songs, i remmember listening to in my place first.., downloaded the video, and listen to it reading the lyrics..

absolutelly loved it

• 3 weeks later...

i remember i was at the virgin record store and i saw a rush of blood to the head on a rack on sale and i bought it because the cover amazed me (for some strange reason) but i took an listen to it and it was the best cd i had ever owned.......................................ever

It was when they were in Sydney in July 2003, I saw their ads on tv a few times, and obviously I'd heard the tune of "Clocks", then I saw Chris Martin on Rove Live ...

But the real moment for me was when I first heard The Scientist on the radio in September. I was just like, "woah". I'd never heard a Coldplay song from beginning to end before. :)

We had a black out here in Canada and Usa had it too...and i was checkin meh walkman for news about the black out when i flipped to a station and heard God Put A Smile Upon Your Face...id heard Clocks b4 but i didnt kno the name of the band yet :dozey:

haha! i listened to coldplay on my discman during the black out. a lot. until my batteries died. then i was sad because i didn't know how long the black out would last.

it was the fall of 2000...i was in the midst of writing a letter while watching videos on the much music channel from canada via a disregarded american tv station with a very weak signal...and then the first few chords of yellow played...i had to look up and "oh, my gracious me!" there was chris martin walking towards me on a beach ;) ...i've been a devoted listener ever since.

watching a video of some nerd walking along a beach' date=' waiting for something to happen.[/quote']

same for me

Yada.

But if I could choose, I wouldn't have that as my first Coldplay moment.

The one that really got me was Trouble on MTV... There he was, this skinny fella tied to a chair, singing his heart out "Oh no, I seeee...", voice broken, getting the shit completely beaten out of him :D

Now that's classic Coldplay

Well, I bought AROBTTH some day, and after that I went to the movies with a friend of mine....but, since they were still showing commercials I decided to listen to my new cd for a second....I listened to the beginning of clocks....and got the chills.....AND I WAS A FAN!!........amazing that such a split second can make you a fan

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm...I think I was in like 6th grade (year 2000) and I remember hearing Yellow and really liking it, but never finding out who played it...then one morning I saw the Trouble video on MTV and downloaded the song right away. I never bought Parachutes...for some stupid reason...but when I bought AROBTTH, that's when I realized they were the best band I'd ever heard...and they're still my favorite :)