✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

what it feels like not to have a favourite band

twin4life

i don't like it. i really don't. right now, there's nothing that i can listen to that will actually make me feel like i'm in love with it. i usually tire out of favourite bands pretty quickly and right now i'm in an in between phase, i just got out of a short love for a band.

i'm weird like that, i dunno. i hope coldplay release something amazing that i can listen to forever without getting bored, or at least it can seem like that. or some other band i come about.

right now i just throw in my cd player whatever there is.

anyone else ever feel like this or is it just me? :P

Mine is no passing obsession, Coldplay are my most recent (and by the looks of things, will be for a long time) addition to my absolutely great bands list.

I can easily say, without any doubt, that my favourite band are U2, as they have been since the 80s (when all other music was crap anyway). What I don't understand is how people always seem to adopt a brand new band, proclaim their undying love for everything about them and then move on a couple of months later (read the Killers thread in about 6 months time!).

i don't like it. i really don't. right now, there's nothing that i can listen to that will actually make me feel like i'm in love with it. i usually tire out of favourite bands pretty quickly and right now i'm in an in between phase, i just got out of a short love for a band.

i'm weird like that, i dunno. i hope coldplay release something amazing that i can listen to forever without getting bored, or at least it can seem like that. or some other band i come about.

right now i just throw in my cd player whatever there is.

anyone else ever feel like this or is it just me? :P

I know what you mean.

I dont actually have a favourite band, I love Coldplay but I dont always listen to them. Nowadays I just play whatever I can find, indie, rock, heavy metal, rap, hip-hop, r'n'b, trance, banghra, oldies, classical. Its just one great big amlagamation of different styles of music

I know how you feel, Twin4life, even though I've been totally obsessed with Coldplay for the past five years... Its kinda like having no one to love... It's depressing, innit? My fave's still Coldplay, and then its Travis... Though sometimes Keane takes Travis' place... Until I listen to Franz Ferdinand... Then Travis comes third, and Keane fourth... Then Radiohead comes in between Oasis and Starsailor... I think... Well it depends on my mood...

i think like you Pai,, what we like or not depends on our mood, sometimes we feel like listening to something rather sad, sometimes we prefer something more fun... sometimes we only put music but dion't really listen to it's a background noise!

i like coldplay very much but i also like other bands and according to my mood i listen to what i want, i can't say i have a really favourite band but i don't think it's very grave :)

ive listened coldplay for a year and a half, every day, almost all the time.... but in the last few month ive started to like some other bands a bit more.....

but still.... every day, i hear at least one coldplay song.. it became some kind of ritual for good luck.... :D

What if cards don't go my way?

Then it's sure to spoil my day.

But in voices loud and clear,

you say to me it's only superstition.

It's only your imagination.

It's only all of the things that you fear,

and the things from which you can’t escape.

Keep clean for the thousandth time.

Stand still and wait in line.

Some numbers are better than others, oh no.