✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My Chemical Romance

Lolly Pop

MCR headlined Reading 2011: I watched the gig and it was pretty awesome :pleased:

They did some great job with the stage setting!

They were wearing their killjoy outfits and they seemed really happy to be there!

Plus they invited Brian May to their set and they played "We will rock you" and "Welcome to the black parade" together :cool: Check the video below to see the performance:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW39Cfm5Yjg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW39Cfm5Yjg[/ame]

And, I almost forgot, they played "S/CA/R/E/C/R/O/W" live for the first time I believe (at least, I heard it live for the first time) and I enjoy the live version!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-k8WXoO0xI&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-k8WXoO0xI&feature=related[/ame]

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLASPHEMY.

They were so good! :bomb:

Before they played, everyone was saying MCR shouldn't be a headliner, but as I heard someone say after they played...

"If anyone bad mouths MCR now, I will tell them to SHUT UP! Because they were amazing!"

...and I couldn't agree more! I am no longer embarrased about them after this amazing performance.

When I saw Muse last september, they were amazing but at Leeds Festival...something...was missing?!?? :/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The last single of 'Danger Days' is 'The Kids From Yesterday'.

The official video was made with collaboration of a MCR fan! How great is that! Read the story here.

And here is the video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXiLHIYqb_Y]My Chemical Romance - The Kids From Yesterday [Official Music Video] - YouTube[/ame]

• 1 year later...

oh MCR! I used to be a really huuuuuge fan of them when i was in highschool :wacky: ah Gerard Way :dazzled: I'd like see them live.. I'm not listening them anymore but they have a huge impact in my life :blush:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-np8qEb8hRc]My Chemical Romance - I Don't Love You (Subtitulado) HD - YouTube[/ame]

oh this song..

No new album and touring at the moment but here are other news from the band, if you didn't already know, ;):

- the Conventional Weapons singles, which are songs they scrapped before making Danger Days. The 5 singles have 2 songs on them and they are only available online and on vinyles: you can hear them all on their

!

- they also changed their band logo, here is the new one: picture-3959.jpg

- Franck Iero has a personal blog, where he posts pictures, sounds, words!

- the Killjoys comic book is coming out june 2013.

• 4 weeks later...

My Chemical Romance broke up yesterday on their blog.

Being in this band for the past 12 years has been a true blessing. We've gotten to go places we never knew we would. We've been able to see and experience things we never imagined possible. We've shared the stage with people we admire, people we look up to, and best of all, our friends. And now, like all great things, it has come time for it to end. Thanks for all of your support, and for being part of the adventure.

My Chemical Romance

I offer my condolences.

I read about this not five minutes ago via a friend's Facebook status. UGH GUYS WHY :bigcry:

Melodramatic tendencies aside, I'm genuinely saddened that they split up. They were a huge part of my life back in high school, and they've had more of an impact than I realized initially. I'm gonna miss those guys. :sad:

BBC Newsbeat

_66567420_137519140.jpg

My Chemical Romance announce split after 12 years

US rockers My Chemical Romance have announced they are splitting up.

The New Jersey group formed in 2001 and have released four albums together. They posted a message on their website which said: "Being in this band for the past 12 years has been a true blessing. We've gotten to go places we never knew we would. We've been able to see and experience things we never imagined possible."

The message continued: "We've shared the stage with people we admire, people we look up to, and best of all, our friends. And now, like all great things, it has come time for it to end. Thanks for all of your support, and for being part of the adventure."

Frontman Gerard Way also tweeted: "Beyond any sadness, what I feel the most is pride."

The band's 2005 record The Black Parade reached number two in the UK album chart and the accompanying track Welcome to the Black Parade made it to number one in the singles chart. In 2011 the group played Radio 1's Big Weekend in Carlisle, and headlined Reading and Leeds festivals where they were joined on stage by Queen guitarist Brian May.

Later in the year, they sacked their drummer Michael Pedicone, after accusing him of stealing from them. He later admitted to making a "tremendous mistake".

What did I just read?...

My feelings right now are : "I'm shocked, just like that, it's over..." mixed with sadness (I follow their universe since 8 years or so) mixed with "well, if they can't see a futur together anymore and have fun together anymore, it's better to split up than do music just for the money."...

Like Violet, I'm going to miss them :(

My Chemical were/are one of my favourite bands. When I read that they had broken up, which was pretty much quite soon after the announcement, I was gutted, I was heartbroken. However after reading Gerard Way's (extended) tweet of about 1,500 words, I feel like I can accept it, his message actually made me cry it was so beautiful :heart:. I will still listen to them and they'll still have an impact on my life.