✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

TORONTO - MAY11th - KOOL HAUS

sweet marianne

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE continue reporting eBay scalpers!!!

Some listings have been removed, so we are having an effect!!

::WHERE & HOW TO REPORT::

eBay.ca: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/contact_inline/index.html

eBay.com: http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_base/index.html (this page wasn't working properly, for me)

CHOOSE...

1. "Report a listing policy violation or prohibited (banned) item"

2 "Prohibited (banned) items."

3. "Tickets."

::WHY::

eBay policy:

eBay.ca ticket policies are based on the LOCATION OF THE EVENT, and apply regardless of where the buyers and sellers reside.

Due to laws regulating ticket sales in this area, the seller in this auction will not accept any bids above the total face value printed on the ticket(s) [plus $ permitted in some states and provinces]. Do not bid more than this amount. Bids that exceed this amount are void and will be cancelled by the seller. The seller will end the auction if, and when, this price is met.

Regulated Locations: Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario

Pricing Limitations: No more than face value

Now the ONLY loophole I've found is this:

$300USD Face Value Policy

For resale of tickets with a face value of $300US or more per ticket (ONLY if the event occurs in one of the regulated locations), sellers must include proof of the ticket face value in the item description in the form of a partial scan of the actual ticket - clearly showing the face value and the event date. Sellers falsely representing the true face value of any tickets may be permanently suspended from eBay, and may be subject to criminal prosecution.

So that is why $299 is the magic number; the seller is not obligated to show a photo or scan of the ticket with the supposed $299 face value. Gimme a break! :rolleyes:

::THE LINKS/SOURCES::

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/event-tickets.html

http://pages.ebay.com/buyselltickets/

http://pages.ebay.com/buyselltickets/rules.html?type=seller&state=1094&inState=false

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/event-tickets.html

Well my story goes like this. I found out about the concert the day they announced it and was floored. Couldn't believe it. I decided to go line up at a ticketmaster location instead of doing the on-line thing thinking I'd have a better chance. There happens to be a TM outlet in a little mall by my house that not many people know about. I got up early and went there about 7am. To my surprise there was 2 people already there from 1am. I was now third in line. After a few hours I noticed a sign on the window that said that if there is more than 2 people in line they would enforce some kind of raffle system. I pointed this out to the guys there from 1am and they said this can't be true. Well soon enough it was 9:30ish and more people started showing up. There must have been about 30 people in the end. When the shop owner arrived just after 9:30 he explained to us the "raffle" system was indeed in play. I was upset but the guys there all night were furious. In the end we ended up being around 15th in line and got nothing. Only the first 2 people in line got tix. Isn't that sick? Those tix should have gone to the all night guys. Anyways I left all pissed off and went to work and started trying my luck on eBay. In a few hours a pair of tix popped up for $360.00 U.S. which was far less than most were going for. I immediately bought them with "BUY IT NOW". Now I was feeling a whole lot better. After a few hours the seller e-mails me and tells me that he ordered 2 tix from TM and then ordered another 2. He said because he ordered more than 2 TM cancelled both his orders. Anyways I think the guy is full of shit but I wont go into why. Now I was pissed again. For the next day or so I did the eBay thing again but nothing came up that caught my eye. Now its Friday night and I go to meet my friend who just came back from a business trip in L.A. (He's basically my best friend who I grew up with and just happens to have a golden touch and has become unbelievably successful) After some time I told him basically the story I just wrote and he started laughing. It turns out he's business partners with the owner of The Guvernment / Kool Haus and said not to worry and that he'll not only get me in but get me backstage or sidestage or whatever the hell I want. Now I'm happy again. It's so true when they say "everything happens for a reason". Cheers all and good luck to those people still trying to get tix.

P.S. For those people who think it's "neat" to post in anything but white text it's not. Very hard on the eyes.

You know what gets me about the ebay auctions. I find an auction, and it is still relatively low in number, like $175 for two tickets. But within a couple of seconds, it is up to $250 already.. and still 2 days left. The key with ebay is to wait to bid so that it doesn't get so high so fast. Why don't people wait? I mean,I know everyone wants tickets, but if they waited until the last few minutes, they would get a much better deal, instead of screwing each other and everyone else that is interested.

We will thoroughly review the listing(s) you have reported for

violations of our Event Tickets Resale Policy. We often rely on members

like you bring such items to our attention.

In light of eBay's privacy policy, we cannot share with you any action

taken by eBay with respect to this listing. If we determine that the

listing violates eBay policy, we may:

1. send the seller an informational alert;

2. remove the listing; or

3. suspend the seller.

Account suspensions are usually reserved for those sellers that

continuously disregard policy.

For more information on our Event Tickets Resale Policy, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/event-tickets.html

If you would like to review our Prohibited and Questionable Items

Policies in more detail, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item_allowed.html

Thank you for your report.

Regards,

The eBay Community Watch Team

To my surprise there was 2 people already there from 1am. I was now third in line. After a few hours I noticed a sign on the window that said that if there is more than 2 people in line they would enforce some kind of raffle system. I pointed this out to the guys there from 1am and they said this can't be true. Well soon enough it was 9:30ish and more people started showing up. There must have been about 30 people in the end. When the shop owner arrived just after 9:30 he explained to us the "raffle" system was indeed in play. I was upset but the guys there all night were furious. In the end we ended up being around 15th in line and got nothing. Only the first 2 people in line got tix. Isn't that sick? Those tix should have gone to the all night guys.

Actually those 2 ppl lining up since 130 AM shouldn't get tix, cuz TM's current policy is that a line can only form at 9 AM. Hell, TM's not suppose to let anybody loiter outside the store up to an hour before the sale.

To my surprise there was 2 people already there from 1am. I was now third in line. After a few hours I noticed a sign on the window that said that if there is more than 2 people in line they would enforce some kind of raffle system. I pointed this out to the guys there from 1am and they said this can't be true. Well soon enough it was 9:30ish and more people started showing up. There must have been about 30 people in the end. When the shop owner arrived just after 9:30 he explained to us the "raffle" system was indeed in play. I was upset but the guys there all night were furious. In the end we ended up being around 15th in line and got nothing. Only the first 2 people in line got tix. Isn't that sick? Those tix should have gone to the all night guys.

Actually those 2 ppl lining up since 130 AM shouldn't get tix, cuz TM's current policy is that a line can only form at 9 AM. Hell, TM's not suppose to let anybody loiter outside the store up to an hour before the

sale.

How does TM have the right to tell store owners not to have line-ups outside their store? So you're basically saying that it's ok to have scalpers walk up and get tix instead of die-hard fans? Give your head a shake. The old school way is the best. Those who put in the effort should be rewarded.

Actually those 2 ppl lining up since 130 AM shouldn't get tix, cuz TM's current policy is that a line can only form at 9 AM. Hell, TM's not suppose to let anybody loiter outside the store up to an hour before the

sale.

How does TM have the right to tell store owners not to have line-ups outside their store? So you're basically saying that it's ok to have scalpers walk up and get tix instead of die-hard fans? Give your head a shake. The old school way is the best. Those who put in the effort should be rewarded.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/h/random.html

Lines can only start at 9. So they should start the line with the first person who arrived at 9 or later. It's a very simple concept.

By your logic, scalpers who put effort in camping overnight should be rewarded with tickets. The policy's in place to prevent people like that from exploiting the system. You'd be seeing twice as many tickets on eBay right now if it weren't for the current protocol.

Those two ppl waiting outside (and you included) should have read up on their policy before heading out. I thought Chris Martin was the one who said that "If you like Coldplay, you're obviously very intelligent".

I think your head's the one that needs a shake... :lol:

sale.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/h/random.html

Lines can only start at 9. So they should start the line with the first person who arrived at 9 or later. It's a very simple concept.

By your logic, scalpers who put effort in camping overnight should be rewarded with tickets. The policy's in place to prevent people like that from exploiting the system. You'd be seeing twice as many tickets on eBay right now if it weren't for the current protocol.

Those two ppl waiting outside (and you included) should have read up on their policy before heading out. I thought Chris Martin was the one who said that "If you like Coldplay, you're obviously very intelligent".

I think your head's the one that needs a shake... :lol:

Sorry but you're wrong. You're telling me scalpers would be sleeping out over die-hard fans? I think not. And if this "concept" is so brilliant why is it used in Canada only? Scalpers want the quick buck and are not going to be out freezing there sacks off in the middle of the night. You've obviously never camped out for tickets before. I'll tell you from my many years of doing so that the people I was camping in line with were not scalpers.

Tell that to the scalpers who do so for a living. They're making at least a 200%-1000% mark up on the tix. Last time I checked, one eBay scalper is selling blocks of tickets to Oasis, Alicia Keys and Kenny Chensey at the same time. They don't care who it is, they know that if there's a profit to be made, they'll be there to snatch tickets before you can.

Don't get me started on autograph signings... I've seen many "fans" at the front of the line with memorabilia that ends up on eBay in no time flat. Hell even the Coldplay fans I stood in line with mentioned purchasing 20 tickets to the Amphitheatre show, using 2 of them and selling the rest to the highest bidders. Not every fan is as "honourable" as you think.

There's something to be said for being an intelligent fan rather than being a naive one. Thanks for giving me my laugh for the day. :lol:

Tell that to the scalpers who do so for a living. They're making at least a 200%-1000% mark up on the tix. Last time I checked, one eBay scalper is selling blocks of tickets to Oasis, Alicia Keys and Kenny Chensey at the same time. They don't care who it is, they know that if there's a profit to be made, they'll be there to snatch tickets before you can.

Don't get me started on autograph signings... I've seen many "fans" at the front of the line with memorabilia that ends up on eBay in no time flat. Hell even the Coldplay fans I stood in line with mentioned purchasing 20 tickets to the Amphitheatre show, using 2 of them and selling the rest to the highest bidders. Not every fan is as "honourable" as you think.

There's something to be said for being an intelligent fan rather than being a naive one. Thanks for giving me my laugh for the day. :lol:

Naive? Buddy I know for a fact you have no clue what you're talking about. You keep dancing around the topic. I know all about scalpers and if you think they get their tickets from standing in lines you're sadly mistaken. And for you to say something like Coldplay fans are supposed to be intelligent you've just shot yourself in the foot. And isn't it a bit naive to even believe that statement you hypocrite? Now stop trying to be Mr Intellect and go drive your tractor you farmer.

^

Someone's PMSing above? CM does says "If you like Coldplay, you're obviously very intelligent and good looking and all around brilliant." Some ppl can't read between the lines i guess.

Anyway, does anyone know where you can get tickets? I just found about the show on saturday and they're already sold out!!!

yeah, tickets sold out in about a minute. which definitely sucked, but shouldn't have come as a shock to any of us.

basically the last place you can go for tickets to the kool haus show is ebay. that's what i did. granted, it's a lot of money...but when will you get the chance to see coldplay in such a small intimate venue ever again?

i just checked ebay again today. last time i looked there were maybe 20 to 30 auctions for tickets to the toronto show. now there's maybe 7 so i think even scalpers are running out of tickets for the event.

you've got to watch who you purchase from and don't be afraid to ask as many questions as possible. good luck!

Do promo tours like these even have openers?

Anyways, I e-mailed Debs about the use of cameras or what not, and she said that cameras and camera phones are definitely not allowed. Fuck. That means I'll have to somehow get a small enough camera to keep with me so that I can get photos after the concert maybe.

yeah, tickets sold out in about a minute. which definitely sucked, but shouldn't have come as a shock to any of us.

basically the last place you can go for tickets to the kool haus show is ebay. that's what i did. granted, it's a lot of money...but when will you get the chance to see coldplay in such a small intimate venue ever again?

i just checked ebay again today. last time i looked there were maybe 20 to 30 auctions for tickets to the toronto show. now there's maybe 7 so i think even scalpers are running out of tickets for the event.

you've got to watch who you purchase from and don't be afraid to ask as many questions as possible. good luck!

eBay.ca ticket policies are based on the LOCATION OF THE EVENT, and apply regardless of where the buyers and sellers reside.

Due to laws regulating ticket sales in this area, the seller in this auction will not accept any bids above the total face value printed on the ticket(s) [plus $ permitted in some states and provinces]. Do not bid more than this amount. Bids that exceed this amount are void and will be cancelled by the seller. The seller will end the auction if, and when, this price is met.

I've reported 50+ listings. If we all did this, you AND I would have a much better chance of paying closer to the Free (promo tix) to $30CDN+fees face value, rather than a 1000% markup to greedy scalpers.

Naive? Buddy I know for a fact you have no clue what you're talking about. You keep dancing around the topic. I know all about scalpers and if you think they get their tickets from standing in lines you're sadly mistaken. And for you to say something like Coldplay fans are supposed to be intelligent you've just shot yourself in the foot. And isn't it a bit naive to even believe that statement you hypocrite? Now stop trying to be Mr Intellect and go drive your tractor you farmer.

Appealing to authority. Okie dokie. You do that to prove your "argument". But thnx for giving me another smile for the day with your adamant opinions.

Now sit back, brew a cup of cocoa and enjoy all the bling I gave you. KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid.

Cheers.

I've reported 50+ listings. If we all did this, you AND I would have a much better chance of paying closer to the Free (promo tix) to $30CDN+fees face value, rather than a 1000% markup to greedy scalpers.

hmm i really didn't know you could report anyone for marking up tickets on ebay.

to be honest, yes it is unfair to do that to deserving fans, but what do you expect? if you keep reporting them they'll just keep posting them or find another way to sell them at a high price.

but it's better to do something then nothing so kudos to you, seriously. i would have prefered not to pay such a high fee. so thanks for your efforts!

Do promo tours like these even have openers?

Anyways, I e-mailed Debs about the use of cameras or what not, and she said that cameras and camera phones are definitely not allowed. Fuck. That means I'll have to somehow get a small enough camera to keep with me so that I can get photos after the concert maybe.

i'm just going to bring a disposible camera. i can hide it down my pants or something and if they find it and take it away it won't be a big deal.

I honestly have no idea. I only get basic cable (so I dont watch Much) and there is nothing about the website about it. I think they phoned and found out that there are none. BUt if you really want to go, call yourself and find out definitely.