✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

TORONTO - MAY11th - KOOL HAUS

sweet marianne

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I really don't think TicketMaster can be blamed for tickets selling out in mere SECONDS. They CAN be blamed for their high fees. Just be careful with generalizations.

Jusitne...I'm still trying. :blush:

Oh, and to REPORT THESE poor people with too many tickets on their hands and who are trying to sell tix for an event in ONTARIO far beyond FACE VALUE go here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/contact_inline/index.html

choose:

1. "Report a listing policy violation or prohibited (banned) item"

2 "Prohibited (banned) items."

3. "Tickets."

I'm still not sure how to let Coldplay's managment know; surely they must be aware?

This show was for the media and scalpers (and people who want to pay scalper pirces) not for true fans.

Don't feel too bad ifyou didn't get tickets. I heard that 1000 of these tickets (out of 2000) went to the media, so only 500 people got tickets, and that is really small.

Hello,

After reading all the posts, I felt I should tell my story. It was 9:35am and my work collegue and I decided to go down to the ticketmaster outlet at the Rogers center ( skydome) and try our luck. We got there at 9:45 and ended up through the random draw being number 3 and 4 in line. I felt bad for the girl who was behind us as she said she was in line since 6:30am. Well, as luck would have it, we were able to get tickets. I don't know about the others in line and how many got tickets, but I think the guy behind the window printed out as many as he could and then settled up with the fans after. All I know is that my wife is probably still screaming in disbelif that she is going to be going to see one of her top bands in a club setting!!!! What a good husband!!!!!!

My work collegue has just informed me that after checking his calender he might not be able to make it. SO, there might be two available. Let me know and I will pass it along to him.

Sorry to hear about all the people that couldn't get tix.

Is it confirmed that it sold out in seconds??

mike

well for those of you in toronto...on ebay, the prices will be ridiculous, because of the high demand for the tickets...but if you go on the day of the show, scalpers will sell it for much cheaper, because if they dont, its just a waste of their money, and they will have to get rid of it, so they will sell it for about 70-80 dollars a ticket

CONGRATS, MIKE & Mike's wife!!!!

=)

I don't think it's confirmed, yet. Still isn't showing sold out on the ticketmaster site. Looks like you had a good TM agent.

I'm more upset about the "scalpers" on eBay. I know it's a publicity gig, but it should also be for the fans. Not Industry people who know how to kiss butt.

*sigh*

well for those of you in toronto...on ebay' date=' the prices will be ridiculous, because of the high demand for the tickets...but if you go on the day of the show, scalpers will sell it for much cheaper, because if they dont, its just a waste of their money, and they will have to get rid of it, so they will sell it for about 70-80 dollars a ticket[/quote']

I wouldn't be so sure about 70-80$ tickets, if they know that they can get a lot more, they will ask for it. I mean, once the show starts, or is halfway through, they will lower the prices for sure.

well for those of you in toronto...on ebay' date=' the prices will be ridiculous, because of the high demand for the tickets...but if you go on the day of the show, scalpers will sell it for much cheaper, because if they dont, its just a waste of their money, and they will have to get rid of it, so they will sell it for about 70-80 dollars a ticket[/quote']So I should book my flight to Toronto and take my chance?

:lol:

I am grateful that I did see them once live. =) This would've been icing on the cake; something to cherish forever and tell the grandkids. :D

haha well if they play the same set list i wouldn't mind missing the first 2 songs to pay a lower price, because i've heard square one, which is a great song, but at the actually venue at the day of the concert, they know there gonna have to get rid of the tickets, so they will sell them for cheap...definitely cheaper than ebay people

You know, I really don't think TicketMaster can be blamed for tickets selling out in mere SECONDS. They CAN be blamed for their high fees. Just be careful with generalizations.

Jusitne...I'm still trying. :blush:

Oh, and to REPORT THESE poor people with too many tickets on their hands and who are trying to sell tix for an event in ONTARIO far beyond FACE VALUE go here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/contact_inline/index.html

choose:

1. "Report a listing policy violation or prohibited (banned) item"

2 "Prohibited (banned) items."

3. "Tickets."

I'm still not sure how to let Coldplay's managment know; surely they must be aware?

That just contacts ebay...how do they know which listing I am referring to?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

It's too bad that we don't have an alternative to Ticketmaster. They have complete monopoly over concert sales. I go to a lot of shows and I almost always use ticketmaster because there is nothing else. At least if you live in TOronto, you can get Toronto ticket sales at shops like Rotate This, Sonic Temple, but some people can't do that.

That really sucks for all of you that couldn't get tickets...I can't believe that it sold out so quickly over there....it's really strange...

that is annoying if it is true that a lot of the tickets went to the media

yeah the gig is for the media mostly, and even though i dont want to go to a gig like that, i know ill end up going anyways, and paying a ridiculous amount for it...all i can say is that i cant wait for when they will go to the air canada centre, when over 18000 screamings FANS and fans only will be there to watch their favourite band

i'm absolutely livid...not only at the fact that i didn't get tickets, even tho i was refreshing the page constantly 5 mins before 10...and that 3 other people I know were trying as well, but the fact that 4 mins later i see tickets being sold on ebay for 600 bucks US!?!? it's disgusting...not only does it take tickets away from people who actually want to see them live, and give them to people who just buy for profit, it also makes it FAWKING impossible for coldplay fans to get them at a reasonable price…don’t get me wrong, I would pay up to 150 bucks for a ticket, maybe a bit more…but come on…I just checked on e-bay and a pair of tickets has reached 866 dollars US…866 US!?!? that's 1,069.77 CAN...at the exchange rate right now...and there’s still one day left for bidding!!!…I say we boycott these people!!! The more people who give in to these ridiculous prices, the higher the prices will go…I SAY BOYCOTT E-BAY!! E-BOOO!!!!

Ps. I know all I’ve said has probably been said already…but please refrain from devalueing my post…it’s just me needing to vent…thanks, from a really crushed coldplay fan… :cry:

->shortie