✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

speed of sound video 23rd may!

shanecrofts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a beautiful video, better than Clocks but worst than The Scientist.

There is beautiful lights (that wall!) and shadows!

I just see it on the coldplayer an d I watch it again (and maybe again!)

:D

Even though I already posted this announcement in a thread on Saturday................................ :stunned:

Their videos have come a long way from the days of yellow (on the beach) and shiver (which looked like it was in a garage) :lol:

It was very...electronic and colourful and I really liked it :cool:

Maybe this will be a little agaisnt the grain, I thought it was a stunning video but i'd got a bit bored by the end... :( maybe that's cos i've been listening to the song a bit too much recently, but I just thought that once the board was all lit up nothing much happened. :confused:

The video wasn't bad, but seriously, for a band with the backing of coldplay and the money probably spent on this video, it's a little bit un-original in my opinion. We've all seen cool lights on tv before (anyone remember the clocks video??), where's the backwards play/semi-cartoon/artistic type values we come to expect. I think this video was rushed, and super low budget...probably has something to do with EMI's money problems.

I think this video was rushed' date=' and super low budget...probably has something to do with EMI's money problems.[/quote']

I agree with the rushed bit they were obviously behind on filming it and hence why we've only just seen it, but i doubt the vision for the video has anything to do with EMI's money problems, I don't think they're that badly in trouble. and a cool video = more interest in track and more people buying it, so it would be in their interest to have a cool vid, which i think it is, it just gets a little samey towards the end. But i do like the fading out of the picture of the band into a silhouette at the end.

i think it could of been better- it was alright, but another performace video without anything innovative was a bit dull, it just feels as if its not very 'coldplay'..... i dont like the stupid wobbly camera bits :/ and all the guys look like they have been asked to exagerrate their playing so it looks good as silhouettes against the lights but i dont think it works that well. and i think it looks like it was rushed together- a lot of the movements/actions eg the bit where chris covers his eyes etc are obv meant to go on the beats of the music but it doesnt quite fit right they're not quite in sync (maybe thats just me tho)