✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

WHAT DOES B-SIDE STAND FOR?

Manders

Um..i'm taking a shot in the dark..but B-sides appear on singles and the "B" simply refers to secondary..like a-sides are the tracks that make the album and b-sides are the ones that didn't make it. I could be wrong..but ya know..hahaha :D

I think that it comes from the old disks, the black big ones (vynils or whatever). When our old people :D (if my mum sees this, she'll kill me) bought their records, they came with a song, which was the one the disk consisted in, and one as a bonus. But this one, was on the other side of the disk, you had to turn it to listen to it, so I guess one of the sides (the one with the song that entitled the record) was A, and the other with the bonus was B.

it's all with the sides of a 45 or 78 records

the b-side was the non-hit side of a record or, when the record wasn’t a hit, it was the side no one really cared about or only the media cared about the hits (the a-side).

the a-side is the part that is meant to be out and made to be a hit. b-sides are more for collectors because they seem to always like them better than they original sides of the album.

like with coldplay i think any fan or the majority of the fans prefer the b-sides better that's why they want them and make them collectables in the future.

i prefer the b-sides :D

no it doesnt come on the original cd. for example the a rush of blood' cd. now since we have cds it's the bands or record companies option to put out more songs with the single. so yeah it is on a cd but not like on the b-side of the original cd. that be cool if it was like that. lol two sides to a cd :D but i guess also difficult to keep clean....lol there would be no place to hold it :lol:

no i just said it wasnt like that :D :lol:

b-sides now come in seperate cds. well they are better known as "singles" and the b-sides are the second or third tracks.

you dont have to flip nothing over just change the track number.

i'm guessing you dont have any of their b-side or any singles with them. :? lol if you get it you'll see what i mean :D ;)

I agree on that Ginger. Many band's best songs usually come up as B-sides... :-o

Now singles are better I think because they come with two or three songs... to buy the record for just one plus song like in the old days of black disks must have felt like a fraud! :sad: