✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead on Coldplay

ze_newie83

Here's a link to an upcoming article that will be in Newsweek. One part mentions Radiohead's take on Coldplay.

"One of Martin's favourite ever groups, labelmates Radiohead, described Coldplay as 'lifestyle music'. "We're like an eager dog just yapping around their heels,' he adds 'and they're trying to kick us away," he jokes. "It's like unrequited love. I'm in love with a lot of things. Some of those things love me back. And some of them don't -- and one of them is Radiohead."

To read the rest: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7935073/site/newsweek/

For as much as I can remember, thinking about Coldplay looking up to Radiohead - or should I say Chris Martin, to me it seems Chris wants to give Thom Yorke a blowjob :lol:

Chris Martin will never :huh: yes I mean never realize that Radiohead has some appreciation for Coldplay (although it is never shown) and he (Chris) should leave it at that. I have seen too many pictures where Thom Yorke doesn't seem interested in having "deep" conversations with Chris Martin.

I mean honestly, I see the resemblance of radiohead.. in terms of being inspired by them.. and somewhat The Bends flows in and out occasionally.. but I think Cplay is more than that.. and most of the general public wont see that until the full picture has been shown.. and thats years that pass..

Radiohead dont have a damn thing to worry about.. They are going in their own direction.. and seeing by what i've heard so far by X&Y.. coldplay are not heading down the Kid A path..

Radiohead dont have a damn thing to worry about.. They are going in their own direction.. and seeing by what i've heard so far by X&Y.. coldplay are not heading down the Kid A path..

Agreed :D And imho, Coldplay is not quite 'there' yet :smug:

Coldplay can never compare to Radiohead... Thom Yorke is on a totally different level than that of Chris. They are both amazing bands.. but they are nothing alike. The only similarities I would say are that each album they produce is better than the last and an extreme experiment for them (more so Radiohead than CP) but we'll just have ti see how that theory hold up after June 7th!!

Radiohead fans really hate Coldplay. Not all of them, but a lot of them. Check out the At Ease forum music section for the evidence. There have been a ton of CP threads over the last few weeks and the venom is in full force. You'll have to go beyond the first page to see most of them but there are a few on page 1 as of this post:

http://www.ateaseweb.com/mb/index.php?s=57e63e32ed80c68565f21379d9d80d8c&showforum=10

I was a fan of radiohead before coldplay.. and i see both bands differently.. and I listen to each for different reasons/moods.. etc..

I think it says more about radiohead if they feel a threat.. i mean shit.. since when did a band think that this thing could never happen? I mean honestly coldplay is a good thing.. hell, if anything.. if they are feeling like cplay is a threat.. it will at least keep rhead on their toes.. thus giving us more music.. :lol:

Radiohead fans really hate Coldplay. Not all of them, but a lot of them. Check out the At Ease forum music section for the evidence. There have been a ton of CP threads over the last few weeks and the venom is in full force. You'll have to go beyond the first page to see most of them but there are a few on page 1 as of this post:

http://www.ateaseweb.com/mb/index.php?s=57e63e32ed80c68565f21379d9d80d8c&showforum=10

Wonder why they dislike COldplay so much? Man...you'd think Chris Martin himself went out and killed their dog or something.

I barely even bother to log in at that message board (AtEase MSGBRD), it has become (since the leak of "Hail To The Thief") a cespool of pathetic whiners, bitching about every little thing........ they believe their "manifestos" are of biblical proportions, of which people should follow. If people don't follow, they become "losers" - people who do not know nothing of Radiohead - that kind of crap makes me want to :snore:

Lets get real here. Coldplay freaking owns Radiohead.

are you serious??? I love Coldplay... but 'owning' Radiohead.... no waaaaaaaaay!! Even Chris Martin will tell you that one!!! :laugh3:

Chris would never say that because he always thinks his songs are garbage. I think Coldplay are miles better than RH too...though I like RH alot, I find Thom's voice annoying (I can't understand what the hell he says most times) and I can't relate his lyrics to anything at all. They're just mumble jumbles to me...most times. I only own about 2 RH albums, though.

i have all their albums plus 70+ bootlegs and its been 10 years since i discovered rh so they're one of my fav bands of all times :D

Thom yorke is God but i also like coldplay ( duh).. i still think rh is WAY better for experience, evolution, lyrics and so on but you all are entitled to your opinions so peace out :kiss:

Chris would never say that because he always thinks his songs are garbage.

who Chris?? Or Chris thinks Thom's music?? I think its the former.. lol but I sorta understand where you're coming from.. because at first, thats exactly the way I felt the first few times I heard Radiohead... the fact that you can't make out Thom's words.. its part of the enjoyment for me, it allows me to think deeper into my subconscience to finally understand his lyrics.. to which is why I think Thom owns Chris on that note. But Chris and him don't even compare.. Chris is special... Thom makes me think too much...

bah I've rambled on.. lol btw I only own 3 albums myself...

The Bends

OK Computer

Hail To The Theif

Lol the former, the former! Ah I don't like it when I can't make out what they sing about. It's like labor music; Go out and find lyrics, bust out the lyrics everytime you listen to them and memorize the songs that way! Too much work for for lazy ol' me! :P

I have ... OK Computer and Hail To The Theif

Lets get real here. Coldplay freaking owns Radiohead.

are you serious??? I love Coldplay... but 'owning' Radiohead.... no waaaaaaaaay!! Even Chris Martin will tell you that one!!! :laugh3:

I can't understand/hear most of RH's lyrics.

I think this is rather easy. Chris' voice and lyrics are easily better in my opinion.