✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

This board makes the band too over hyped.

Maureen

I´m leaving for now but I´ll react on reply´s later. Forgive me for my bad English. I´m dutch so. . .

just leave, your really annoying.

Haha. Fool. Just don´t read it. Answer reasonable like those other guys did. Keep your foolish reply´s where they should be. In your prejudiced head.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: This board makes the band to over hyped.

First of I know this board is an ode to Coldplay. I´ve been observing this board for a pretty long time(without being registered)and the only thing I can say is:``this board is filled with some lame, dumb short sighted people´´.

I like Coldplay. It´s cool but there are some bands/solo artists/projects wich are way more better than Coldplay. Why are people so focused on this band. When I´ll check the board I´ll head my way to the threads with info about leaking of X&Y. That´s just why I´m here for. But this board has about 100 worthless topics. For example: Best piano in a Coldplay song. First I want to mention that piano riffs in Coldplay songs are simple, not hard to play. Sure it sounds cool but musical it´s not profound. Don´t get me wrong. I like Coldplay and I can´t wait to get X&Y in my hands. Just don´t make useless topics. The only reason people are doing this is that they just can´t wait for the album. They are doing things to kill time.

Like I said. There are more bands than Coldplay, Interpol, Oasis etc. More obscure things. Things who are both musically and lyrically a 100 times better. I know I´m getting a lot negative reactions on this thread but before you´ll do that. . .watch the variety of topics and ask yourself how much of them are really useful and how much of them are bullshit. I´ll bet the ratio would be 20% - 80%.

First of alll, why were you observing without being regestered? sounds pretty scary to me...

Second of all, everyone can have their opinion, and everyone can say that there are better bands than coldplay. however, when you say "why is everyone so focused on them" take into account that it is a bloody COLDPLAY SITE. and about the subjects such as "best piano in a coldplay song" remember that like you said, then sound cool (i would even say better than that, but there you go) when you listen to it, so doesn't it make sense to talk about it? and WHAT exactly is so bad about wanting to kill time waiting for X&Y? It is every1's rite to talk about crap, that is what people do in real life. if you hate it so much, then y did you come on? and why in god's name did you watch what every1 was saying,and work out a bloody FRACTION for how much crap is on this site? seems to me, if you worked out how much you are cool and how much you are annoying, the ratio would be20%-80%. now get lost!

`this board is filled with some lame' date=' dumb short sighted people´´.[/quote']

Agree.

Just don´t make useless topics.

Thank you! Someone finally has the idea. I hope that you bring about useful topics on this board. And I say this with the most senserity.

First of I know this board is an ode to Coldplay. I´ve been observing this board for a pretty long time(without being registered)and the only thing I can say is:``this board is filled with some lame, dumb short sighted people´´.

I like Coldplay. It´s cool but there are some bands/solo artists/projects wich are way more better than Coldplay. Why are people so focused on this band. When I´ll check the board I´ll head my way to the threads with info about leaking of X&Y. That´s just why I´m here for. But this board has about 100 worthless topics. For example: Best piano in a Coldplay song. First I want to mention that piano riffs in Coldplay songs are simple, not hard to play. Sure it sounds cool but musical it´s not profound. Don´t get me wrong. I like Coldplay and I can´t wait to get X&Y in my hands. Just don´t make useless topics. The only reason people are doing this is that they just can´t wait for the album. They are doing things to kill time.

Like I said. There are more bands than Coldplay, Interpol, Oasis etc. More obscure things. Things who are both musically and lyrically a 100 times better. I know I´m getting a lot negative reactions on this thread but before you´ll do that. . .watch the variety of topics and ask yourself how much of them are really useful and how much of them are bullshit. I´ll bet the ratio would be 20% - 80%.

I'm confused. Have you come on here to slander Coldplay, the messageboard, its members or the way the board is run? If its any one of the latter three then I like to get involved. Go find me another messageboard that doesn't have useless threads. You might be a while ;)

Please maureen, i can't undertand you, if you don't like coldplay now (and are you 100%sure you won't like them again) why you waste your time posting here?..

there are more music bands threads (muse, travis, snow patrol, the frames, jeff buckley, stone roses, interpol...) but the principal band here is coldplay.

If you don't noticied the site is called coldplaying.

and it used to have the title "a coldplay friendly board", so please if you don't like coldplay and as i see you are unfriendly (anyways you want we argue with you) please left us and be happy.

Well' date=' everyone is entitled to their opinion Albie. Not everyone has to like them. I don't think she is saying that she doesn't like them though.[/quote']

it was not an opinion Justine - it was a slanderous attack on nearly 12000 people. A big difference...

this board is filled with some lame, dumb short sighted people´´.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.

Ok where shall I start. First. I never said I don´t like them, I never said I don´t like AROBTTH. For me they are average but they are good enough to interest me. So hell yeah I want X&Y.

When I said I was observing the board I meant getting info about new tracks, new tasters. Just new info if the thing already leaked.

I understand there are such boards like this one, but the thing I don´t understand is why people are wasting their time with these nonsense topics. It´s not like I´m making this topic just to show my opinion. I was just curious what you guys/girls were thinking about it. It´s not that I´m screaming for attention(and I know I will get some childish reply´s on this wich tell I am screaming for attention).

Anyways all bands have their periods and people like ones more to others. I mean we all have a our favourite album, i respect that we can't love all music but try to argue about this...it's sad. :(

I understand she don't like them now, they are more popular in some places and it makes them different, and they tried other styles and things on the new album so i can understand she don't liek them now.. but if she lilked them time ago.. i don't know why she came here so angry to make us argue. :/

The band has changed a bit and will change more, all bands have this things and sometimes is good and others not (that's evolution, life, we sometiems makes decitions we think are good and then we got problem because it) but anyways you´ll still like them even if you only like one of their albums; as in your life you still be you when you were wrong.

If i dislike a band i won't talk about it anymore, i mean if i don't like for exemple bob marley i won't waste my time registering on his boards or sites just to say "hey buds i don't understand why you like this" :/

Anyways all bands have their periods and people like ones more to others. I mean we all have a our favourite album, i respect that we can't love all music but try to argue about this...it's sad. :(

I understand she don't like them now, they are more popular in some places and it makes them different, and they tried other styles and things on the new album so i can understand she don't liek them now.. but if she lilked them time ago.. i don't know why she came here so angry to make us argue. :/

The band has changed a bit and will change more, all bands have this things and sometimes is good and others not (that's evolution, life, we sometiems makes decitions we think are good and then we got problem because it) but anyways you´ll still like them even if you only like one of their albums; as in your life you still be you when you were wrong.

If i dislike a band i won't talk about it anymore, i mean if i don't like for exemple bob marley i won't waste my time registering on his boards or sites just to say "hey buds i don't understand why you like this" :/

Didn´t you red my post?

Well' date=' everyone is entitled to their opinion Albie. Not everyone has to like them. I don't think she is saying that she doesn't like them though.[/quote']

it was not an opinion Justine - it was a slanderous attack on nearly 12000 people. A big difference...

I don't think she is out to attack everyone on the board, she is making comments about the overall nature of the board. Don't we allow criticism on this board?

Maureen, i came here to get info not to get music, anyways i wait the album or singles be realised to download the music, if i don't wait the album is realised i feel guilty if i download the songs.

And as i told you "friendly board" that means makes friends, be warm not just came here to download music.

That's wny i kept here, because i found good people here and i make friends, it gaves me the change to improve my english and to learn about the world (how people think about politics, where they live...) and all this, to make friends too.

I don't think she is out to attack everyone on the board, she is making comments about the overall nature of the board. Don't we allow criticism on this board?

in that case let us have names! What exactly do you think she meant by "lame and dumb"?

Maureen, i came here to get info not to get music, anyways i wait the album or singles be realised to download the music, if i don't wait the album is realised i feel guilty if i download the songs.

And as i told you "friendly board" that means makes friends, be warm not just came here to download music.

That's wny i kept here, because i found good people here and i make friends, it gaves me the change to improve my english and to learn about the world (how people think about politics, where they live...) and all this, to make friends too.

Here is a point I agree with you. I´ll buy X&Y anyway. It´s not only supporting a band/artist/project(though I think Coldplay/Emi/Parlophone don´t need my financial support). It´s also cool to have stuff original. I´ve got about 350 cd´s(original)and I can tell you it looks really good to see all these records in big cd tower. I´m not feeling guilty when I download something. A bad quality I own is that I don´t have the ability to wait. I want everything as soon as possible. A thing I do encourage wich Coldplay pergorms in is Make Trade Fair. I´m supporting this Oxfam project a 100%. That´s an aspect I´d always admired from these guys.

in that case let us have names! What exactly do you think she meant by "lame and dumb"?

People who make silly topics wich have nothing to do where it´s all about. Music.

I understand there are such boards like this one' date=' but the thing I don´t understand is why people are wasting their time with these nonsense topics. It´s not like I´m making this topic just to show my opinion. I was just curious what you guys/girls were thinking about it. It´s not that I´m screaming for attention(and I know I will get some childish reply´s on this wich tell I am screaming for attention).[/quote']

It's not a case of making nonsense topics, its some people coming together who have something in common, namely in this section an interest in Coldplay, topics might seem like nonsense to you, but then if i went on an astrophysics message board, i would probably find all the topics to be a load of nonsense, just because you think they are a waste of time doesn't mean that someone else isn't really interested in that topic.

I do agree with you and Justine though that there is alot of unneeded topics, most of the topics that are created are repeated somewhere else and theres not much need for them.