✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

This board makes the band too over hyped.

Maureen

First of I know this board is an ode to Coldplay. I´ve been observing this board for a pretty long time(without being registered)and the only thing I can say is:``this board is filled with some lame, dumb short sighted people´´.

I like Coldplay. It´s cool but there are some bands/solo artists/projects wich are way more better than Coldplay. Why are people so focused on this band. When I´ll check the board I´ll head my way to the threads with info about leaking of X&Y. That´s just why I´m here for. But this board has about 100 worthless topics. For example: Best piano in a Coldplay song. First I want to mention that piano riffs in Coldplay songs are simple, not hard to play. Sure it sounds cool but musical it´s not profound. Don´t get me wrong. I like Coldplay and I can´t wait to get X&Y in my hands. Just don´t make useless topics. The only reason people are doing this is that they just can´t wait for the album. They are doing things to kill time.

Like I said. There are more bands than Coldplay, Interpol, Oasis etc. More obscure things. Things who are both musically and lyrically a 100 times better. I know I´m getting a lot negative reactions on this thread but before you´ll do that. . .watch the variety of topics and ask yourself how much of them are really useful and how much of them are bullshit. I´ll bet the ratio would be 20% - 80%.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay is just a average band for me. Well I should say that Parachutes is one of my best albums I´ve got. After that things were getting worse. I think it´s because Coldplay are a commercial product now. In times when Parachutes came out they were slightly different. Their music was more inaccessible than now days. Almost every song of AROBTTH is a radio friendly song. On Parachutes there are just a few of them. Besides that Parachutes wasn´t brought that commercial as AROBTTH and X&Y.

why are people here focussed on coldplay? its a coldplay board my friend

That´s what I said in my first line. But I may assume people have minds. I guess we´re not dealing with 12-14 year old people on this boards. Why all these nonsense threads? I guess Ryan Grisham was right. Mind is not brain.

why are people here focussed on coldplay? its a coldplay board my friend

That´s what I said in my first line. But I may assume people have minds. I guess we´re not dealing with 12-14 year old people on this boards. Why all these nonsense threads?

we will start a topic-police-department with your help.

and parachutes was brought with less media-attention.

it doesn't mean it's less commercially.

Well. . .tell me what it´s then? Parachutes is just for people who are really interested in music and the older days of Coldplay. The new stuff is for all kinds of people. People who adore the MTV culture wich stands for showing bad music wich is based on making money. And with this line I´m not saying Coldplay is one of them.

and parachutes was brought with less media-attention.

it doesn't mean it's less commercially.

Well. . .tell me what it´s then? Parachutes is just for people who are really interested in music and the older days of Coldplay. The new stuff is for all kinds of people. People who adore the MTV culture wich stands for showing bad music wich is based on making money. And with this line I´m not saying Coldplay is one of them.

why should Parachutes be for music-interested en arobtth for everybody?

isn't music in general for everybody?

Re: This board makes the band to over hyped.

First of I know this board is an ode to Coldplay. I´ve been observing this board for a pretty long time(without being registered)and the only thing I can say is:``this board is filled with some lame, dumb short sighted people´´.

Why post here.... !!! ??

This is a Coldplay Fansite !!! End OFF !

Most of the People here including myself do have a great Love for Coldplay, and other bands... see Music Section other bands etc !

However as for calling the people on here lame.... I really dont think you have a place to make such a wild comment...

This has been a very active board for many years now... and the Fansite it self was voted 15th out of the top 100 bands out there.

You are getting me wrong. In general people pull out when they hear for example Sparks. But when you give them Clocks they are willing to listen. That´s what I meant. All music is written for a specific group of people.

You are getting me wrong. In general people pull out when they hear for example Sparks. But when you give them Clocks they are willing to listen. That´s what I meant. All music is written for a specific group of people.

when you give them Yellow they will listen.

when you give them Daylight they fall off.

it makes no different.

Why post here.... !!! ??

Most of the People here including myself do have a great Love for Coldplay, and other bands... see Music Section other bands etc !

However as for calling the people on here lame.... I really dont think you have a place to make such a wild comment...

This has been a very active board for many years now... and the Fansite it self was voted 15th out of the top 100 bands out there.

I said that a littlebit wrong. I admit. I meant some people. not all of them. I told you I´m here because I´m interested in coldplay. And the new album. But I´m not interested in all the bullshit around the band and cd.

I think Coldplayfans in general are real musiclovers and this board is a platform for them. Ofcourse you will have the threads about Guy's new haircut or Chris's daughter turning 1 year old. But i think you shouldn't take it all so serious, it's just for entertainment and when it comes to music this is just the thing everybody shares with eachother: they love Coldplay. Besides that the board has a lot of other things to offer, for example the Music section. And yeah it IS a Coldplay forum so what would you expect....

Why post here.... !!! ??

I said that a littlebit wrong. I admit. I meant some people. not all of them. I told you I´m here because I´m interested in coldplay. And the new album. But I´m not interested in all the bullshit around the band and cd.

well thats something they cant help even me at times....

when you give them Yellow they will listen.

when you give them Daylight they fall off.

it makes no different.

Haha that´s nonsense you know that. On Parachutes there are only 2 or 3 tracks wich are ok for radio. On AROBTTH it´s the opposite. So about 8 tracks. Parachutes has a whole different sound. More depressing. And a whole different production.

it's fucking bullshit. what the fuck is 'radiofriendly' music?

you're a bit frustrated or so? did somebody treat you bad?

If you don´t know the term radiofriendly music than this conversation is useless.

it's fucking bullshit. what the fuck is 'radiofriendly' music?

you're a bit frustrated or so? did somebody treat you bad?

If you don´t know the term radiofriendly music than this conversation is useless.

can you give me a definition?

Radiofriendly music is music wich is easy to pick up. It´s like hearing a song for the first time and right on that moment you are used to it. It doesn´t need a second time listening. Most of them are pretty catchy tunes.

I like Coldplay. It´s cool but there are some bands/solo artists/projects wich are way more better than Coldplay. Why are people so focused on this band. When I´ll check the board I´ll head my way to the threads with info about leaking of X&Y. That´s just why I´m here for. But this board has about 100 worthless topics. For example: Best piano in a Coldplay song. First I want to mention that piano riffs in Coldplay songs are simple, not hard to play. Sure it sounds cool but musical it´s not profound. Don´t get me wrong. I like Coldplay and I can´t wait to get X&Y in my hands. Just don´t make useless topics. The only reason people are doing this is that they just can´t wait for the album. They are doing things to kill time.

Like I said. There are more bands than Coldplay, Interpol, Oasis etc. More obscure things. Things who are both musically and lyrically a 100 times better. I know I´m getting a lot negative reactions on this thread but before you´ll do that. . .watch the variety of topics and ask yourself how much of them are really useful and how much of them are bullshit. I´ll bet the ratio would be 20% - 80%.

Meh - that argument can be discounted by simply saying that you're entitled to you're opinion (i.e. you made a topic on it) and hence other people are entitled to theirs (i.e. they make topics on the best pianio rifts on coldplay).

However, I respect your opinion, however flawed it may be.

Radiofriendly music is music wich is easy to pick up. It´s like hearing a song for the first time and right on that moment you are used to it. It doesn´t need a second time listening. Most of them are pretty catchy tunes.

i think Parachutes is more like that then AROBTTH, but that's my opinion

I´m leaving for now but I´ll react on reply´s later. Forgive me for my bad English. I´m dutch so. . .

me too.

Everyone is entitled to their opnion but I don't understand

what kicks you get out of getting everyones back's up?

The board doesn't make the band "Over hyped"

it does however make them more popular and spreads

the word. Nothing wrong with that is there?

MANY bands are popular and if it wasn't for boards,

TV, radio, etc etc you would NEVER have gotten to

listen to Parachutes - and would never have formed

this decision (that the board makes them

over hyped)

Parachutes is a whole different production for Coldplay

(...as was "Pop" To U2's "The Joshua Tree)

It's called progression, and therefore they become

more "Radio Friendly" due to this.

Enough Said.

:)