✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

This board makes the band too over hyped.

Maureen

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one bart. There's so much stick and indie-snobbery stalking the new release and Coldplay in general. I finally cracked and gave a reply I made to this messageboard:

http://www.teenagewildlife.com/Interact/cp/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=coffee&Number=443449&page=0&view=&sb=&part=2&vc=1

Just wondering if you all wanted to do the same, supporting the Coldplay cause and correct my mistakes in some obscure message board far far away.

And Maurice - wtf are you doing here? Get lost you hater!

Love you lots,

janey xxx

Sorry I can't do script! Will change my sig soon!

the coldplay sections of this board are full of obsessed fans who crave every single bit of information. most of them registered very recently, and im sure 99% of them dont post here regularly. These sections dont give an accurate demographic of the site. i for one can't stand the idiotic threads here, but hey, im an arrogant asshole. :)

if you want to see normal fans, take a look in the lounge.

I´m leaving for now but I´ll react on reply´s later. Forgive me for my bad English. I´m dutch so. . .

just leave, your really annoying.

Haha. Fool. Just don´t read it. Answer reasonable like those other guys did. Keep your foolish reply´s where they should be. In your prejudiced head.

Well dont bother reading the other threads in here then for fucks sake

why ppl dont read the whole thread before they submit their comment :dozey:

it is all k now! and i was amazed how the fans here dealt with this thread eventually after they relaxed a bit...as u can see, there are raelly great ppl as Ari said.. so that is y ppl love this site so much, and as for the stupid topics it is all for the bling baby :P but just dont reply to these threads

cheers :) and welcome to the coldplaying community :)

(my english is not that good either so dont worry ur not alone on this ;) )

wow, hot thread.

Well yeah,i agree that there are some bands with deeper lyrics and the world isnt around coldplay but this is a coldplay board after all and since the new album is coming in a few days , super ultra coldplay fans will get uber excited and post lots of thread of ' bullshit' like you mentioned but it'll pass.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and we should respect that as long as we dont get to insults or such..so please avoiud calling other people lame bitte :)

Stick around and hey here's a tip ..the 'normal' fans usually hang on the general section of the board :P

Cheers

Well' date=' everyone is entitled to their opinion Albie. Not everyone has to like them. I don't think she is saying that she doesn't like them though.[/quote']

it was not an opinion Justine - it was a slanderous attack on nearly 12000 people. A big difference...

I don't think she is out to attack everyone on the board, she is making comments about the overall nature of the board. Don't we allow criticism on this board?

in that case let us have names! What exactly do you think she meant by "lame and dumb"?

she said 'some'.

'Some' means that you are included in the "lame and dumb" category then.

A couple things stand out to me in this post.

1) This is a Coldplay message board. Go to any other artists' message board on the internet - from Ashlee Simpson to Slipknot - and you'll find the same obsessions. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if someone had a post called "Favorite Guitar Solo in an Ashlee Simpson song". There are even countless message boards for Guns N Roses - who haven't made a new album in 12 years.

2) Nothing annoys me more than someone criticizing a band for being "radio friendly". Some bands grow in different directions - some evolve. Usually when a band becomes more popular, they have better producers, engineers and more money behind their next album which often produces a "slicker" sound. If you want to stick simply with "experimental" music, then go listen to Radiohead. Why is writing catchy music such an insult? I really don't get this complaint.

Wasn't Parachutes a pretty "catchy" album? Yellow, Trouble, Don't Panic, Everything's Not Lost - come on! The reason why you think their second album was more "radio friendly" is because it was on the radio more! How is Clocks more radio friendly than anything on Parachutes? This was simply a case of the public warming to Coldplay, not them "selling out".

Well. . .tell me what it´s then? Parachutes is just for people who are really interested in music and the older days of Coldplay. The new stuff is for all kinds of people. People who adore the MTV culture wich stands for showing bad music wich is based on making money. And with this line I´m not saying Coldplay is one of them.

i really hate this

just because a band become popular and more people like them, they become a sell-out, and people who are fans of rock and indie stuff complain that all the mainstream stuff is pop crap. ah coldplay just cant win can they!

Jeez (a couple of) you people can be childish at times. Yes, this is a Coldplay fan-site and they are going to be the favoured band of many that post here, but that doesn't mean that Maureen can't have hesitant expressions too. It's not like she was posting topics entitled 'Cldplay sux' etc.

I understand that a couple of you may be insulted at possibly being labelled 'dumb', but that is nothing compared to the abuse that a couple of you have directed back at her. However, I understand that her English is far superior to my Dutch and am willing to accept that she mistakenly used those words, which have since been apologised for.

I personally don't agree with the opinion that Parachutes is the musically superior album, I'd say that they both have their strong points but that both were different. Personally, I don't like the songs Trouble or Shiver that much, whereas Amsterdam and Green Eyes seem better, to me, than any Parachutes song.

Albie: Coldplay does not make the best music in the world. Personally, I'd say U2 do, but I have no right to claim that U2 makes the best music in the world. I can't understand, sometimes, how someone could dislike a song like 'Bad' but then that is their opinion and I respect that. As all music is subjective, there is no best and worst (well, apart from that frog), there are only favourites and dislikes. Discussing talents is another touchy matter. Whilst I can see the talents of someone like David Bowie, though I can't stand his music, I sometimes struggle to see those of a band such as Radiohead (Although I love the Bends) although I will appreciated that others can see their talents.

Albie, sorry to single you out, but I am using you as a spokesperson for those with similar views to your own: Apologies for that.

I hope that this, too, isn't seen as an attack on you, only the thoughts that are in my head upon reading this topic.

I agree with every word!

Except for the fact that you seem surprised people post so much about Coldplay. You have COME to a place that tends to attract coldplay fans, so you should expect the people here to post a lot about Coldplay.

If you remember my old threads about hating coldplay, they were more of a "I know you love these guys, lemme give you reasons to not love them". Fun times :cool: