✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My Compost Heap

busybeeburns

Yes my compost diary is here. I know you've all been secretly waiting for a thread like this for years, now its finally arrived.

My first attempt at creating compost will be a journey that you can all share.

Contents: Will be updated, should I further add any relevany juicy ingredients

• Currently:

My treasured most recent grass cuttings
    Shredded receipts, bus tickets etc
    One teabag
    Used ground coffee
    Ripped up cardboard from wedding present packaging
    Brockley
    Potato peel
    Wholemeal bread (two slices - yes they're the end crusts)
    Lashings of water
    Sooty's bed (not including Sooty - no deceased materials allowed. Besides, he's still alive)

Timescale: Two months - possibly more depending on the weather. Nice and sunny is best :cool:

"Why" you might ask? Well for starters I'm totally fucked off with having three wheelie bins, two of which never get collected regularly. So, one of them is for bottles, or at least it was up until this weekend when I decided to ambush it for my own ends. Compost ends. This summer promises to be a scorcher - all the better for my little microbe friends making me some lovely rich compost for my growing plants and flowers.

So, jump on board the compost train. We go for a little ride! :D

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, you obviously don't subscribe to natural remedies!!!! :angry: did you not know the best thing for killing nits is to pour vodka over your head? :/ dunno if it works, I am NOT about to waste vodka in that way to find out :D :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

well' date=' you obviously don't subscribe to natural remedies!!!! :angry: did you not know the best thing for killing nits is to pour vodka over your head? :/ dunno if it works, I am NOT about to waste vodka in that way to find out :D :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:[/quote']

what the fuck? :stunned: :shocked:

Ian doesn't have nits, it was just an example of what to do with alcohol other than pour it in your mouth! :stunned:

And compost heaps don't get you rats. If you're really lucky a hedgehog, some frogs or a nasty huge nest of wasps will move in :lol: :D