✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Liam vs. Coldplay??

cold_kitty

From NME:

LIAM GALLAGHER has called COLDPLAY frontman CHRIS MARTIN a "knobhead student" for expressing strong anti-war views at a fundraising show.

The Oasis singer slammed Martin for his comments at the band's Teenage Cancer Trust show In London on Monday (March 24), where he encouraged the sell-out crowd at the Royal Albert Hall to "sing against war".

Gallagher also labelled Martin's Oscar-winning actress girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow a "gawky bird".

The verbal assault came after Gallagher appeared as a special guest at Richard Ashcroft's Teenage Cancer Trust show at the same venue on Wednesday (March 26).

He told The Sun : "When Coldplay did this gig they banged on about the war, that's wrong. Chris Martin shouldn't be using this cause to bang on about his own views on the war. If him and his gawky bird want to go banging on about the war they can do it at their own gigs.

"That lot are just a bunch of knobhead students - Chris Martin looks like a geography teacher. What's all that with writing messages about Free Trade on his hand when he's playing. If he wants to write things down I'll give him a pen and a pad of paper. Bunch of students.

"These gigs are about kids who have got cancer, they've got to fight a war every day of their lives. That's what we're all here doing this for."

Wow... :shock:

i dont care what he said about chris. 8)

i just thought it was funny. :lol:

especially the "gawky bird" and the geography teacher part. just like ada told me and i thought about this too. i wish my geography teacher looked like chris martin. :o :D

Yeah

But you know the kids are "fighting a war" everyday with cancer. Isn't it unecessary to know about a real war going on as well? More pressure as it is fear... I say let Chris speak his mind. Atleast he is not being an tosser like Liam is.. Liam has a lot of nerve. The dullard.. Honestly, I think it was Noel that liked Chris. Now here comes Liam talking all that rubbish. Its just nonsense.. I don't get it.. :sad: Poor Chris. He is such a nice person. He even answered my request to play Spies at the concert I went to. He is so sweet. ::thinking about the time he sang the ending of "In my Place" to me(and the girls around me =D)::

I was so shocked when I read this... I mean, I think what he said was rude. And immature. Also, poor Chris man... he loves Oasis, and the lead singer just majorly dissed him. If the lead singer of my favorite band (which would be Chris) talked about how horrible I was I'd be pretty... depressed. Poor guy, he's so nice too.

Although, the gawky bird part was funny... heh, I see the resemblence.

i wish my geography teacher looked like chris martin.

I wish any of my teachers looked like Chris Martin. :D

EDIT: Wasn't Liam friends with Chris? If so, what a prick. That is very messed up.

Liam is jealous because Coldplay has more success than Oasis and coldplay is worth it, I found very disappointing Oasis attitude because they claim they're the best rock band in the word but they have to be modest and especially respectful because Chris is a fantastic guy and don't deserve to be treated as Liam said! :(

I was so shocked when I read this... I mean, I think what he said was rude. And immature. Also, poor Chris man... he loves Oasis, and the lead singer just majorly dissed him. If the lead singer of my favorite band (which would be Chris) talked about how horrible I was I'd be pretty... depressed. Poor guy, he's so nice too.

Although, the gawky bird part was funny... heh, I see the resemblence.

i wish my geography teacher looked like chris martin.

I wish any of my teachers looked like Chris Martin. :D

EDIT: Wasn't Liam friends with Chris? If so, what a prick. That is very messed up.

How I hate Liam :x !!Poor Chris :( !He loves Oasis!!

I kinda agree with what Liam was saying... there's always a time and a place for anti-war statements to be made. I think that stating his anti-war sentiments at a concert for Cancer was pretty dumb, he should've waited for an anti-war concert...hahahaha

I think Liam is a dork but I do agree with what he's sayng about the cancer trust and the issues of war but i think he addressed the issue in such an immature and unrespectful manner, but thats just typical of Liam cause Ive heard stupid stories about him, I only like Noel. What sucks is that Coldplay has such love and respect for Oasis but they dont really receive it on the other side and I can see how Chris and the gang can possibly be hurt by this. :|