✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Any Wimbledon watchers here?

wakedemon

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what Martina Hingis said after the first time she played her!!

I'm not a Mauresmo fan - far from it - but I'd still support her against either of the Williams sisters.

They pull such horrible faces when they hit the ball and even their "clenched fist" stuff comes across all "manly".

Plus I can't stand their father - he comes out with enough bullshit to fertilize a field of crops for a whole year!! :)

And then, of course, there's all this reality show bullsh*t they've got involved with............who on earth would want to watch garbage like that??

holy crap I forgot i even made this thread haha, surprised so many people posted. Yea its lookin like a Roddick/Federer final, which pretty much means a Federer champioship, A Rod can't figure Roger out at all, and Federer is just ridiculous in this tourney so far. I'm thinking Roddick will have to wait til the US Open (which i will be attending, thank god) to have a legit shot at another slam win

Don't you think it's élitist and counter-productive that it's impossible for the "normal" fan to get tickets for the event?

At least at Wimbledon if you really want to go you can queue up overnight (as I have done in the past)!

yea i think that sucks too, we havent ever been able to get tickets other than through this way. I'm pretty fed up with most of the elitist attitudes around the event but i mean, don't bite the hand that feeds you...im not complainin haha

Well, Venus winner. Congratulations to her and Davenport, was she hurted or something?

Davenport had to have treatment for a back injury when 4-2 up in the final set, but I don't think it really affected the result, as she recovered afterwards.

There was some awesome hitting from both of them - it was fantastic.

I was disappointed Venus won, of course, but.......................c'est la vie!!

At least it wasn't a boring Williams-Williams final, anyway!! :)

Williams-Williams finals were tennis CLASSICS man, CLASSICS :stunned:

But coincidentally this was a classic too. Excellent match, coulda went either way. Venus REALLY showed some character out there, I dont think its her talent that got her the victory this time, it was an EDGE

Williams-Williams finals were tennis CLASSICS man, CLASSICS :stunned:

I don't know which finals YOU saw, but the ones I remember were mostly dull, presumably because they didn't "hate" each other enough................

I remember a couple at Wimbledon especially.

Yeah, just that Davenport was playing a way too good at the beggining but at the end she just ehh, actually her movements were slower and not as hardened as in the first stage of the game. I was almost sure she was going to beat Venus, might be that lesion she had.

But hey what about the rumours about her "retire"?

I think the fact she got to the Final should mean she ISNT going to retire, but you dont know. She obviously got tired, and all players get tired but this drastically fucked up her performance. She was a shadow of herself by the end.

Must mean shes getting too old for the game, but still, I think she should definately keep playing. She does have the powerful game that can end a match before it even gets to the 3rd set (As she should have done today)