✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

People who dont believe in evolution

bmillerlte

like half of america doesnt believe in it because it "contradicts" the bible, and some states are trying to replace teaching of evolution with the christian based theory, intelligent design (basically an attempt to make creationism scientific). What do you all think bout this? personally i'm embarrassed, the rest of the world is lauging at us (america).

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i haven't heard that about America trying to change anything but my beliefs are that the world was not started by a random big bang and it must have been started by something all powerful such as God ... the bible says that Adam and Eve were the start etc. after the 7 days of creation or something but i like to think this is true and there is a superbeing in God :D

I dont believe in evolution because the lack of evidence' date=' its not because of christianity. I know lots of christians who believe in evolution though. I havent seen nearly enought evidence for it. BUT it havent seen much evidence agaisnt it.[/quote']

I meant to comment on this earlier. Mr.cool. There is ample evidence to suggest that evolution is legitimate. Ever heard of Darwin???

And please don't tell me that you're one of those people that believe that the earth is only 5,000 years old or something like that.

not really, i dont need alot, just enough credible proof, thats not far out there. one major problem with evolution for me is, if we came from apes, and thier were in between species between apes and man, where are those species now? where are thier fossils? why are their still apes? It confuses me.

not really' date=' i dont need alot, just enough credible proof, thats not far out there. one major problem with evolution for me is, if we came from apes, and thier were in between species between apes and man, where are those species now? where are thier fossils? why are their still apes? It confuses me.[/quote']

Species between apes and man?

Sure, how about Homo Erectus, Homo Rhodesiensis, Homo Rudolfensis, Homo Habilis, Homo Cepranensis, Homo Ergaster, Homo Erectus, Homo Floresiensis, Homo Georgicus, Homo Heidelbergensis, and Homo Neanderthalensis? Or is that not sufficient for you? In that case, how about the Gigantopithecus, Orrorin Tugenensis, Ardipithecus, Kenyanthropis Platyops, Australopithecine, and Paranthropus?

Seriously, look those up if you think for some reason that there's no evidence of species between apes and men. Unless you also think that any and all fossil records are fabricated for some reason.

not really' date=' i dont need alot, just enough credible proof, thats not far out there. one major problem with evolution for me is, if we came from apes, and thier were in between species between apes and man, where are those species now? where are thier fossils? why are their still apes? It confuses me.[/quote']

Species between apes and man?

Sure, how about Homo Erectus, Homo Rhodesiensis, Homo Rudolfensis, Homo Habilis, Homo Cepranensis, Homo Ergaster, Homo Erectus, Homo Floresiensis, Homo Georgicus, Homo Heidelbergensis, and Homo Neanderthalensis? Or is that not sufficient for you? In that case, how about the Gigantopithecus, Orrorin Tugenensis, Ardipithecus, Kenyanthropis Platyops, Australopithecine, and Paranthropus?

Seriously, look those up if you think for some reason that there's no evidence of species between apes and men. Unless you also think that any and all fossil records are fabricated for some reason.

Spot on! And may I just add that these species are now extinct in case there's any doubt :)

im with peed on this one :stunned:

Lack of evidence?!?!?!

LACK OF EVIDENCE??????!!!!!!!

*calms down*

Do elaborate on that some.

you'd think that dating rocks and fossils scientifically as being millions of years old would kinda prove that the earth is a bit older then a few thousand years.

"Sure, how about Homo Erectus, Homo Rhodesiensis, Homo Rudolfensis, Homo Habilis, Homo Cepranensis, Homo Ergaster, Homo Erectus, Homo Floresiensis, Homo Georgicus, Homo Heidelbergensis, and Homo Neanderthalensis? Or is that not sufficient for you? In that case, how about the Gigantopithecus, Orrorin Tugenensis, Ardipithecus, Kenyanthropis Platyops, Australopithecine, and Paranthropus?

where are they then? why just apes and man? if their are so many stages between apes and man, where are they? it makes no sense.

"Sure, how about Homo Erectus, Homo Rhodesiensis, Homo Rudolfensis, Homo Habilis, Homo Cepranensis, Homo Ergaster, Homo Erectus, Homo Floresiensis, Homo Georgicus, Homo Heidelbergensis, and Homo Neanderthalensis? Or is that not sufficient for you? In that case, how about the Gigantopithecus, Orrorin Tugenensis, Ardipithecus, Kenyanthropis Platyops, Australopithecine, and Paranthropus?

where are they then? why just apes and man? if their are so many stages between apes and man, where are they? it makes no sense.

where are the dinosaurs? or the dodo bird?

you know, Discovery channel had a special on evolution on earth a few months ago. they talked about how because homo sapiens' brains were larger, we were the dominant species and survived, whereas the other species, specifically homo erectus, died out because they couldn't compete for food and shelter during the ice age.

ok... mr cool... do some research... there is a mountain of proof.

1. Natural Selection is proven. It can be tested and is seen in our lifetime. Put bacteria in a pitree dish and introduce an antibiotic, one bacteria with the mutation protecting itself against the antibiotic will live, the rest will die.

2. Speciation, the process in which two separate organisms can no longer reproduce successfully in nature, is proven. African Cichlids, colorful freshwater fish exist in multiple different species. By using UV light in a tank, the fish will be unable to recognize color and mate with different species. The result is a hybrid fish which is a new species that is genetically isolated from the rest of the cichlids.

3. Homologous structures in different organisms (similar parts such as a whale flipper and a human hand) are strikingly similar in structure. The flipper of a whale and the hand of a human only differ in the size of bones. The logical conclusion for this is that they came from a common ancestor.

4. Gaps in the fossil record do not disprove evolution. Have you heard of punctuated equilibrium? It is an explanation for this. If the world has a dramatic fall in temperature, there will be a massive upsurge of death. Those individuals in a population of organisms that have genetic advantages that enable them to survive in extreme cold will be selected for by natural selection. Thus, when the environment demands change from a population of organisms with factors such as extreme heat or cold, the rate of evolution will speed up. This acceleration of the speed of evolution will leave very little time for fossilization, a process that is extremely rare (.00000000000000001 percent of organisms fossilize). Thus, gaps in the fossil record.

5. The only reason evolution is still a theory is because we do not have the ability to time travel. :D A scientific law requires direct and documentable evidence. It is up to your logic. Microevolution (evolution on a small scale, speciation and natural selection) is a proven science. Macroevolution is the accumulation of multiple microevolutionary events but is not proven because we have not had a million year old person yet to live on this earth to document it. But if you look at it logically... you can see that its simple. What we see now, which is microevolution is an ongoing process. To say that it isnt is just plain idiocy. Those who dont believe in evolution acknowlege that microevolution is a proven science, but refuse to believe that it can go on for long periods of time. It just is annoying that something so simple can be overlooked because a manuscript written 4000 some odd years ago contradicts it.

hehe... thats my two cents... thank you AP Bio!! :D

its called punctuated equilibrium as i stated above. not every transitional organism has been preserved because evolution is static, it does not move at a gradual speed. in some instances an evolutionary trend travels in a matter of 1000 years because of abrupt changes in the environment. The transitional forms in between this time period maybe lived for 300 years at a time. Fossilization is not a common process. It is very rare. it happens about 1 in 500,000 organisms in a population but is also dependent on the presence of environmental conditions, hard parts of an organism such as bones or chitin and where the organism died. in that 300 years it is improbable that an organism would fossilize. That is why there are not many transitional forms in fossils.

where are the dinosaurs? or the dodo bird?

you know, Discovery channel had a special on evolution on earth a few months ago. they talked about how because homo sapiens' brains were larger, we were the dominant species and survived, whereas the other species, specifically homo erectus, died out because they couldn't compete for food and shelter during the ice age.

dead but we have hard evidence they existed, fossils and all, unlike the animals between humans and apes. no evidence for it.

but if the homo erectus would have died out where are all the bones? their would have been millions of them, yet we cant find any evidence for them, and why would all those other ones die out and not apes? it seems very "fishy" all those animals in between all died out with no trace and the ape still is alive.