✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Parachutes, AROBTTH, or X&Y

guidedbylights

The Best Coldplay Album

Hey The first album a heard from Coldplay was Parachutes and since a heard it a rainy spring day i love Coldplay.....

so my favorite album is the first a heard and also the first they made.

a choose the album called Parachutes.

In fact the first song that i heard with coldplay was Don't panic

[glow=red:35f77ac82b]Forward soldiers Of Love.[/glow:35f77ac82b]

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a full album experience I'd say X & Y, though both Parachutes and ARoBTtH have the best individual tracks. Don't Panic and The Scientist, for instance, are both better than any track on X & Y; however, X & Y is flawless, and as such, in my humble opinion, the consistently best album.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'll say Parachutes...I realised that I probably like more songs in AROBTTH than Parachutes but I can't deny that the first time I listened to it I was really impressed by their style, completely different from all the other bands at that time, and it was like stuck in my cd player for months....as one of my friends once said "you can hear they play with the soul" :smug: ...and then came AROBTTH, which is an absolutely fantastic album but I think they lost some of the freshness they had at the beginning (which is not to be intended as a negative thing ;) )

when i started to listen to coldplay i was in love with the parachutes reord ...

but now i think that the arobtth album is the best one.

it's simply amazing.

x & y ain't that great in my eyes. we all know, that it's a fantastic album but i wouldn't compare it to arobbth or parachutes.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to say AROBTTH, since it was the first Coldplay album I actually listened to and I fell in love with it instantly. Politik and Clocks just blew me away... :cool:

Parachutes and X&Y are both great albums but AROBTTH is really special.

Yes, I quite agree with the author of this thread that Parachutes is by far the best album. Just couldn't believe the results of the poll (surely it is wrong?) which show it be the LEAST favourite. With tracks like Yellow, Shiver, Spies, Sparks, Don't Panic and Trouble on??? :stunned:

AROBTTH is my least favourite album as although I love Clocks, The Scientist and In My Place, I really don't like several tracks, particularly GPASUYF, Daylight and A Whisper. This is the only CD where I spin tracks on. To me, this album doesn't have the Coldplay 'feel' somehow - it's too 'folky' and sounds more like the band are trying to copy Bob Dylan and other 60s and 70s artistes. Just not original, pure Coldplay like Parachutes and X and Y. Well, that's my view anyway, for what it's worth!

I actually wasn't sure about X and Y when I first heard it, but it has grown on me and I am totally hooked now, especially with What If?, Speed of Sound and Fix You. I find that when I listen to some of the tracks on Rush of Blood, it's as if they just sort of skate over the top of me, whereas those on Parachutes and X and Y get right under my skin. :)

"Nothing else compares"

(Oh, that's from Rush of Blood of course - oh well, just shows that all Coldplay's stuff is brill) :lol: