July 12, 200521 yr Wow...this song gets better and better the more that I listen to it. It's the kind of song that sounds great listened to softly or cranked up. I prefer it cranked up...ha! I am gonna go way out on a limb and say that "Low" might be the band's best song ever....
July 12, 200521 yr If that's what you believe, then who am I to say your opinion is wrong? I think it's a great song too, but the guitar was toned down too much.
July 13, 200521 yr yea boshea, your opinion is your opinion...i personally believe its a brilliant song too
July 13, 200521 yr I think that the best song---in ma opinion----is clocks But I absolutely love low too i love all of them :D
July 13, 200521 yr When the CD came out, Low was my least favorite song on the album...now, however, I think it's one of the best. I think it's one of those songs that you either love instantly or it takes a while to grow on you. Obviously, for me it was the second choice. And I cannot WAIT to hear it live. I just wish they'd play Swallowed in the Sea. :/
July 13, 200521 yr how I hate this song :/ Same here... I think it totally misses the typical richness that the best Coldplay songs have. It doesnt have the beautiful, powerful, warm and catchy melodies, the anthemic lyrics... 'Things I Dont Understand' sounds quite the same, but at least that one has more flavour. I find Low unpersonal and bland compared to other Coldplay songs. Not their best at all.
July 13, 200521 yr What makes this song so great, as opposed to rubbish like Swallowed In The Sea, is that Low is very progressive. It one of those songs that when you listen to it, you don't just enjoy one certain part which you find yourself always referring to. X&Y is like that too. Besides, when Low changes from fast to slow, that part just defines Coldplay's versatility.
July 13, 200521 yr I was standing at the very front of Coldplay's, quite simply, awe-inspring Glastonbury 2005 set and was yet to buy 'X+Y' due to difficulties financially etc...and I heard 'Low' for the first time there and then and I was blown away! Definitely one of their best! I wish they'd write more like it! Totally different to the rest of the album!
July 13, 200521 yr So let me get this staight.....you had the bucks to get into the front of the Glastonbury crowd and yet were too broke to buy the album for $14.99?
July 13, 200521 yr Its a great song, absaloutly amazing live and you can listen to it no matter what mood you are in, so i find :)
July 13, 200521 yr Yes, I personally find it to be the best '80s powerhouse song the album has to offer(even if "White Shadows" is the much more likely single candidate), because it really charges home toward the build. I don't think Coldplay has many songs where 'piledriving' is the proper adjective to be using, but "Low" is a track that can head that list.
July 13, 200521 yr So let me get this staight.....you had the bucks to get into the front of the Glastonbury crowd and yet were too broke to buy the album for $14.99? Yes, because you pay to get to the front row...(!) :rolleyes: I had gathered my funds for my ticket quite a while before X&Y was released and by the time X&Y DID come out, I had no money to buy it.
July 14, 200521 yr I loved Low since the very first time I heard it!! Some people say that it's the worst track... what are they thinking, for God's sake!!???
July 14, 200521 yr The truth is, there are too many good songs on X&Y, and very few "outstanding" ones.
July 14, 200521 yr Oddly enough I think it's actually a near-perfect album except for Speed of Sound and the new Talk, but I just haven't listened to 'Parachutes' of 'A Rush of Blood...' in quite a while, so that'll explain why I don't agree...;)
July 14, 200521 yr X&Y as a whole is probably better than the previous two, but that's because it has almost no filler, whereas the other ones have quite a bit of songs I just always seem to skip. The only real crappy song on X&Y is Swallowed In The Sea. The rest are all very decent, well-produced gems. But other than maybe Fix You, I don't think there are any songs on X&Y that are going to be legendary like Yellow, Trouble, In My Place, The Scientist, and Clocks were.
July 14, 200521 yr i just love all of the songs in the new cd----i love them all--------whatever coldplay comes out with----i just love it---also---i dont think u can compare any of the three cds with eachother---like chris martin said-----"all of the cds were made in different times of our lives---they represent different epics in our lives--and therefore, u cant really compare one with the other"
Create an account or sign in to comment